It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States with strict lockdown rules had more COVID 19 deaths as a percentage of population

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Since this is the Political Mud Pit, didn't Joe Biden say he was going to fix the pandemic problem? And aren't his supporters saying it's worse now?

TheRedneck

Well you know they are not saying much on anything.... Twitter and Facebook are still banning anyone who even remotely suggest old Joe isn't don't a great job.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The theory in the books I've read is that it provoked cytokine storms in strong immune systems. The less reactive/weaker your immune system was, the less likely you were to get that reaction. For someone like that, you still got a very, very severe illness, but one that was more survivable as your risks were more like a standard very severe flu with the usual secondary dangers being the risks you would run.

But the immune system reaction was so overblown that it could and did cause all kinds of horrible effects, even a hemorrhagic effect in some victims. And if you got that form, you were most likely young (prime of life young), and it knocked you over quick with no slow development of symptoms. There is one account of a man getting on a street car and witnessing several otherwise healthy seeming passengers collapsing ill before he gets home, for example.

Of course, looking up novel ... they say the only criteria is never before described. Well, as to that, every single flu strain for a flu season is "novel" because it mutates all the time. So we can ditch the idea of novel as some kind of super scary thing. It either isn't or they're using it to scare the bejesus out of you.

So then we come back to the question of true severity. Being honest, while COVID can kill, can it kill to the magnitude of historic viral pandemics like Spanish? No, so why are we allowing ourselves to act like it can? Now if we were dealing with something that operated more like Spanish Flu, I'd be far more inclined to think these measures were more necessary. Perhaps it wouldn't be as deadly with modern medicine, but it certainly would have overloaded hospitals as quickly as it spread and as severely as it made people ill.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My son had swine flu back when it circulated not long ago. I had to cancel a trip for a metallica concert for him, myself, and the wife because he went into the hospital. The wife and I were with him the entire time in close quarters. Neither of us got sick with the flu. It is likely we both still had immunity from the prior major swine flu outbreak in the 70's.

I trust he was OK? From memory for most people was fairly mild but if hospitalised take it was pretty bad.

Also seriously bad luck on missing Metallica.

link   
You know there's a problem when ATS can go 4 pages in a mudpit and no one argues.
That may be a pretty good metric to assume it's crazy prepper time.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The reality is, and we have seen evidence that this is true in recent days from CNN, that no matter what DJT did he would be dragged for it. If he was able to produce breast milk from his own chest that cured COVID, AIDS, and Cancer, he'd have been dragged for it.

Had Jesus decended on a cloudy staircase to give a campaign speech on DJT's behalf, he'd have been dragged for it. Although, to be honest, in that case Jesus would need the dragging. But that aside....

....nothing Trump did would have been reported on any other way than extremely negatively.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm not replying seriously. You're actually kind of fun to play with, truth be known.

Still waiting for you to make any actual points that resemble reality. It's hard to take seriously someone who says unicorns ate his homework.

The OP shows the hospitalization/death rates for different states with different levels of lockdown. The correlation is positive (forgive me; that's "science talk"... it means when restrictions went up, hospitalizations/deaths went up as well. That is what scientists call a "positive correlation"). Now, correlation does not indicate causation (that means something caused something else), but correlation does indicate a matter needs more study to determine causation.

Hope you can understand that; I tried to define the big words for you. You're welcome.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

yeah, he was fine. They used the Tamiflu treatment and he started to get better just in time for to be home when the people we gave the tickets to started sending us warbling videos from the concert that night.

The thing is....the wife and I are hyper vigilant with respiratory problems. I had a case of flu or something that was really really bad back in the 90's. Like i slept for a week straight, waking to guzzle down gator ade and pee only. After that I bought a nebulizer machine and acquired several dozen ampules of ventolin. First sign of a cough....we lay on the guafinesin and start the nebulizer treatments. Despite all our best efforts at home, his O2 still tanked into the upper 80's, so he was admitted for oxygen.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Since this is the Political Mud Pit, didn't Joe Biden say he was going to fix the pandemic problem? And aren't his supporters saying it's worse now?

TheRedneck

Well you know they are not saying much on anything.... Twitter and Facebook are still banning anyone who even remotely suggest old Joe isn't don't a great job.

I think they are off planet, or under a mountain bunker right now. It would jive with the fake news broadcasts.
vid link

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yet a virus from 1918 is?

Was. Past tense. By 1919 it wasn't any more.

We use past tense in the English language to indicate something that happened in the past... as in, "The Chinese virus was a novel virus when it was discovered" or "the Spanish Flu was a novel virus when it was discovered."

We use present tense to indicate things that happen now: "the Chinese virus is not a novel virus now" or "the Spanish Flu is not a novel virus now."

"New" doesn't last forever.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yea, I'm looking forward to Frank Speech starting up day after tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be more open free speech.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The theory in the books I've read is that it provoked cytokine storms in strong immune systems. The less reactive/weaker your immune system was, the less likely you were to get that reaction. For someone like that, you still got a very, very severe illness, but one that was more survivable as your risks were more like a standard very severe flu with the usual secondary dangers being the risks you would run.

But the immune system reaction was so overblown that it could and did cause all kinds of horrible effects, even a hemorrhagic effect in some victims. And if you got that form, you were most likely young (prime of life young), and it knocked you over quick with no slow development of symptoms. There is one account of a man getting on a street car and witnessing several otherwise healthy seeming passengers collapsing ill before he gets home, for example.

Of course, looking up novel ... they say the only criteria is never before described. Well, as to that, every single flu strain for a flu season is "novel" because it mutates all the time. So we can ditch the idea of novel as some kind of super scary thing. It either isn't or they're using it to scare the bejesus out of you.

So then we come back to the question of true severity. Being honest, while COVID can kill, can it kill to the magnitude of historic viral pandemics like Spanish? No, so why are we allowing ourselves to act like it can? Now if we were dealing with something that operated more like Spanish Flu, I'd be far more inclined to think these measures were more necessary. Perhaps it wouldn't be as deadly with modern medicine, but it certainly would have overloaded hospitals as quickly as it spread and as severely as it made people ill.

Think there is a bit more to being novel

www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yet a virus from 1918 is?

Was. Past tense. By 1919 it wasn't any more.

We use past tense in the English language to indicate something that happened in the past... as in, "The Chinese virus was a novel virus when it was discovered" or "the Spanish Flu was a novel virus when it was discovered."

We use present tense to indicate things that happen now: "the Chinese virus is not a novel virus now" or "the Spanish Flu is not a novel virus now."

"New" doesn't last forever.

TheRedneck

Try reading the post I replied to.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Very true. Fox was about the only network that was honest about what Trump did, but that all changed election day. The man wasn't perfect, but he did do a lot of good for a lot of people.

The propaganda room at CNN must be absolutely huge! They must have a million stories by now to try and keep straight.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Actually boosting the dead has become the democrat run states mantra in order to get the most covid relief tax dollars for the states, the irony, people tend to forget that is all about money.

But I guess the people in those states seems to like what their so call communist leadership has been doing to them.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Try reading the post you responded to.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

yeah, he was fine. They used the Tamiflu treatment and he started to get better just in time for to be home when the people we gave the tickets to started sending us warbling videos from the concert that night.

The thing is....the wife and I are hyper vigilant with respiratory problems. I had a case of flu or something that was really really bad back in the 90's. Like i slept for a week straight, waking to guzzle down gator ade and pee only. After that I bought a nebulizer machine and acquired several dozen ampules of ventolin. First sign of a cough....we lay on the guafinesin and start the nebulizer treatments. Despite all our best efforts at home, his O2 still tanked into the upper 80's, so he was admitted for oxygen.

Scary stuff, glad he is OK.

Had my oldest o into hospital a couple of times under blue lights for breathing difficulties Still get the cold sweats thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We need to tag CNN a terrorist organization and get them out of business,

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm not replying seriously. You're actually kind of fun to play with, truth be known.

Still waiting for you to make any actual points that resemble reality. It's hard to take seriously someone who says unicorns ate his homework.

The OP shows the hospitalization/death rates for different states with different levels of lockdown. The correlation is positive (forgive me; that's "science talk"... it means when restrictions went up, hospitalizations/deaths went up as well. That is what scientists call a "positive correlation"). Now, correlation does not indicate causation (that means something caused something else), but correlation does indicate a matter needs more study to determine causation.

Hope you can understand that; I tried to define the big words for you. You're welcome.

TheRedneck

Yet you still can't get which part is the causation. Places with higher rates of infection will have introduced stricter lockdowns.

Here is a link to a study discussing.

www.bakerinstitute.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think the idea of novel being pushed is a cover.
The virus isn't new at all, the Wuhan flu virus of 1996 was a thing. The cdc said the vaccines cured 3 strains of it.
It really seems like they are just giving everyone the wuhan virus in the shots, or their stash got loose.
I'll try an get a link to the old article.
See if this works...
article image
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Link

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If the chemo doesn't reduce the tumor do we still assume it's effective? If the chemo increases the growth do we assume no causation?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join