It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Satan-worshipping In Pop Music

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I want to throw up Bartzabel from Behemoth..lol

It's a good'n.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's no different than any other God-awful religion out there. If we must put up with your nonsense, then you have to put up with theirs. Freedom of Religion means ANY religion, not just those that tickle your fancy.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think we should talk about how horrific christian symbolism can be.

Put yourself in the Caligae of a Roman from say 30 AD. This poor Roman falls through time and finds himself in 20th century Europe. Really any period of European history post 700 AD will do.

To his absolute horror he sees the cross - to him a symbol of nothing but extreme torture that provides such a horrific death that it is reserved only for the most loathsome of traitors, proudly displayed atop the largest building in town. He sees this in every town. People even wear it around their necks. I doubt our Roman friend will be particularly impressed with the world he has found himself in, believing it to be ruled by a depraved, death-worshipping cult.

Do you see the same thing when you see a cross? I imagine not.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I think the point is that the darker stuff is leeching into the mainstream stuff, poisoning the groundwater, so to speak. Yes, much of the Satanic pop music is 'tame' in comparison to the darkest stuff - but a drop of poison will ruin a glass of the finest wine.

Plus, if you enjoy making Satanic music yet do not believe in 'the guy' then perhaps you want to consider the harm that such types of music can do to persons with mental health problems? Surely that sort of stuff has far greater power to tip vulnerable people over the edge into literal suicide? Why would you find enjoyment in that?

The sheer darkness of it is not a matter of 'art' or 'free expression'. Simply look at what heavy metal does to ice crystals when they are formed under its influence. Fractured, dissonant, misshapen & weak - the visible manifestations of stagnance & violent death. Compare it to crystals grown under Mendelsohn or Mozart, and the difference is plain for all to see - glorious & varied, strong, transcendent symmetry. Masuru Yamamoto was the guy who ran the studies on ice crystal formation - after realising that 'never mind plants, water itself responds to music & human intentionality'. A clue into the nature of our reality, if ever there was one.

Disharmonic & fractured, or perfect & beautiful symmetry? Again, it's not art, it's not a laugh, it's nothing to do with the Constitution or irony for irony's sake - it's materially dark & malevolent, with real impact on the material Universe we live in, whether you believe in 'the guy' or not.

It has a deeply negative impact on water for goodness' sake, so what do you think it does to the human soul?

FITO.

edit on AprilSaturday2114CDT09America/Chicago-050031 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You fail to understand why we have reverence for the symbol of the cross. Yes, it is an instrument of torture, but in going to the cross, Christ took on the punishment that any human could ever deserve for anything he had done during his lifetime, no matter how dark it had been, the cross would have been sufficient punishment for the crimes of any & all humanity. By voluntarily descending from the heights of divinity to the indignity of a brutal death on the cross, Christ took upon himself the penalty of sin at its root core, and by placing trust in the voluntary act of His sacrifice, we are forgiven of any & all crimes which we have committed, assuming that true repentance has been found in one's heart & there is a strong desire to never again fall from the grace that has been so wonderfully provided. He came to seek the lost & to save those who were unable to save themselves. As he himself said, the physician does not need to treat the healthy person, but rather the one who is sick. Don't fall for the nonsense which claims that if you don't "say the magic prayer of commitment" that you're doomed to Hell for all eternity - it's nonsense, as stated. Christ is over all things, but He does not expect or demand hyperactive spiritual mania as a standard for life.

Your impressions of Christianity are sadly uninformed & based on typical cynical groupthink which is promoted by people who either don't care a jot for genuine spirituality, or those who have a definite agenda who wish to poison the image of Christianity in the eyes of uninformed & impressionable seekers after truth. Those who seek will find, if they are sincere. The insincere & the loudmouth yob are those who ignorantly castigate the alleged crimes of all Christendom (except basically we're talking about the crimes of the degenerate Catholic church in the middle ages, not the reformation Christianity which has done immense good in the world since breaking away from Catholicism). And yes, almost all paedophilia scandal has occurred in the Catholic church, which as stated was a degenerate form of Christianity in the middle ages, a problem which takes many centuries to rectify, for deep & complex reasons beyond the scope of this reply.

Try not to follow the crowd with easy cookie-cutter arguments against the validity of the Christian faith. In tandem with the Enlightenment it laid the moral groundwork for the entirety of Western democratic civilisation, and a great deal of our law, customs & beliefs are based upon its tenets. Simplistic arguments which sound clever are often nonsense, as is the case with the standard tripe about the cross being a symbol of torture. Of course it is - that's kind of the point.

FITO.

edit on AprilSaturday2114CDT09America/Chicago-050048 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, editing

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If you are a responsible parent, you can find out if your kids are tuning in to this #, and if so, you can take away all of the things you bought them that allow them access to them and put a penalty on them.

I would be willing to bet that 90% of parents today wont bother checking on what these kids are listening to or watching, so the kids in turn have no respect for authority that tries to limit what they want to do.

Don't blame the media or the government, take your child's life under your own watch.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yo, Parents! Remember this, and the uproar it caused? But you liked it back then, didn't you? (C'mon. Be honest)

youtu.be...

This video and music is crap. If the standards today were applied to my '70's high school band, I'd be a millionare rock star.

Edit - The video in the post, not my reference. THAT is pretty good, doncha think?

edit on 17-4-2021 by Hoser793 because: just cuz

edit on 17-4-2021 by Hoser793 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2021 by Hoser793 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ok, you want evil songs? Singing of bad things, singing against Bible teachings? Here have a look.

The Bible teaches in several places that there is only one God. The one God is the Christian God of the Bible. Why did someone make this song?

Our God is an awesome God. What does that mean? It means that we have a God and you have a God. Our God is better than your God but we must go against the teachings of the Bible to sing about recognizing your God as existing to be a lesser God than ours. Many of you hear this song and I am sure some even sing it. Why are you going against the teachings of the book you claim to follow?

I think everyone agrees genocide is bad. You know, the killing of an entire group of people. Well listen here.

Well, what does ‘Living in Canin Land’ mean? It means the people of Jesus have gone into the land of Canin and wiped them all off the face of the earth. This song is celebrating the death of all the people of Canin. Would you sing a song
celebrating in enjoyment about all the Jews that were killed by the Nazis? Same concept, same sentiment.

When speaking of evil things, it is written that he who is without sin should throw the first stone, have you ever sung or like listening to these songs?
edit on 4 17 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Want to know whats really Satanic, this song sounds more an more about Jesus, an his travels spreading love, an how he loves his mother more apparently.

"When she asks me, which one I love the best, tear open my shirt, and Rosey on my chest."

It does sound like him, hell, still waiting for him to call back. Worst part is, he probably already forgiven me for this just now.
edit on 18-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I just find it hilarious that any modern human being still believes in God's and devils as depicted in mythologies/religions.

And on top of that hilarity, belief that symbolism has any power.

Come back down to earth for a little while, there are real tangible issues at hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I doubt our Roman friend will be particularly impressed with the world he has found himself in...

He's not...

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why isn't anyone talking about that popular book that is all about the devil? I think it's called the Bible or something

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
one video by one obscure artist isn't a trend.

I don't doubt there's a lot of immorality in the music industry
but I doubt there is much open satanic stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This is basically what made Lady Gaga's career. I swear most of her 'fans' are actually 40-50 year old male conspiracy theorists.

Yip that's me.
Just play some Lady Gaga or Temple of Love by the Sisters of Mercy, and you'll be surprised how agile I still am.

Although I admit, I'm probably past my sell-by age for this one:

The death metal that killed metal night.

Once all the party people had left it was reduced to a scene of five oddly zombie-looking guys, who all had mental issues.
Which became more pronounced by the fact that they would vacillate almost weekly between being staunch Satanists and reborn fundamentalist Christians, and Christian death metal was almost as big at the time.
Here bro, I'm done with this Christian cult, take my Mortification and Believer albums.
A week later, bro I'm done with this Satanism crap, here, take my Deicide CD before I burn it.
Which is actually exactly how I got it.
The cycle only ended when they all became ravers in silver tracksuits.

Nevertheless, an occasional listen puts a spring in your step, and keeps you in your neck-brace.
edit on 18-4-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ha..Deicide, Glen Benton..that dude was a bit weird
Ok, I have to throw Behemoth up..I'm sure there are much more extreme vids and bands out there though. It's just an art thing really, dark for sure though. Nergal doesn't believe in heaven or hell.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Woo yeah - We Are Family.
I've got Satan's sister and me!

A very sad South Park Satan: "Admit it Saddam, every time we make love you think of someone else".

The witty Saddam comeback: "Satan sweetie, your butt is big and red. Who else do you suppose I think it's gonna be? Liza Minnelli"?

I bet Dr. Faust never thought of that one.
edit on 18-4-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It says

"Come and join the world's most infamous satanic prostitute."

Right on the Patreon page

That's kinda satanic, right?

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Pleased to meet you. Before that new guy, Ron something?

edit on 4/18/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here's some actual Satanic music. The frontman and creative force of the band was a theistic Satanist who ended up killing himself due to his beliefs.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So, sort of self-limiting it would seem.

And not really pop music.

edit on 4/18/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join