It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible case on abortion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The OP made the point that the Old Testament was not edited by Christians/Catholics, that it's exactly how it was written by the Hebrews, the way it's presented today in the King James Bible. This is actually part of the Talmud, which are the oral traditions of the Torah, or the way the law was interpreted and applied.

There's more to the Torah than the King James Pentateuch. Not every Jewish book is in the Christian Bible, yet they both claim to worship and speak for the same God.

edit on 18-4-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And the OP is about the Bible, not the Torah. You cannot make a case on the Christian tradition of abortion with Jewish holy writ that does not appear in the Christian holy book.

That would be like going to a Jewish group and attempting to sway them with the four books of the Gospel and telling them it's all the same God so why are they so offended when you quote Christ?

Better yet ... go do it in a Mosque.

Not only that ... but I will point out to you that your directions are on dismembering a human body inside another human being ... but it's not alive or human.
edit on 18-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Since I am vegetarian and eat eggs but not chickens you and I don't see things the same. I spayed the wild cats in the are and neutered the males because the pain of unwanted babies disturbs me.

I am not God and I can't say what is right or wrong unless we have a distinct message from the bible saying so. I won't judge the millions of reasons and decisions people make and I feel the anger and hate I see with people pretending it is "for" God is disturbing in the extreme.

Cast all of the stones you want I am just giving my own opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And the OP is about the Bible, not the Torah. You cannot make a case on the Christian tradition of abortion with Jewish holy writ that does not appear in the Christian holy book.

The OP refers to and cites the books of the Old Testament and Hebrew law, as proof of his thesis that the biblical God condemns abortion, beginning with the book of Genesis and the Hebrew creation story, wandering through the Psalms, Ezekiel, and Malachi.

Christianity is rooted in the Hebrew Bible, its laws, it's traditions, its archetypes and prophecies. You can't cite the Old Testament, and refer to the Hebrew God, who is also your God, so you say, and then ignore the traditions and priestly interpretations of how to apply and enforce their God's law, of the people to whom their God gave it.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Since I am vegetarian and eat eggs but not chickens you and I don't see things the same. I spayed the wild cats in the are and neutered the males because the pain of unwanted babies disturbs me.

Talk about casting stones ...

Btw, are those eggs fertilized? If not, they don't have a distinct chicken growing inside them. That argument does not fly. Now if you are arguing from a vegan v. vegetarian POV, then you are still exploiting the animal either way, but as that argument is not this one, it's a moot point.

I am not God and I can't say what is right or wrong unless we have a distinct message from the bible saying so. I won't judge the millions of reasons and decisions people make and I feel the anger and hate I see with people pretending it is "for" God is disturbing in the extreme.

I am sorry if you think defending a baby, especially one who cannot speak for itself, is hateful to you. As a mother, I saw the ultrasounds, felt the movement, and see the results now 10 years on. That was no "clump of cells" ... ever. He moved when the ultrasound tech poked him and bounced him around and had recognizable human features like a face and fingers. He even practiced breathing, and he darn sure kicked ... like a horse.

Even your own arguments in defense - how is it not better to never be born than to live a life unloved? - rests on the intrinsic personhood of the unborn. You recognize that it's a human being that is being negated, not some clump of cells. No one ever says anything similar about the arm being amputated or the tumor being excised. We only say these things about the children being aborted as if to console ourselves and make it seem better in our eyes, and that stems from the recognition of the monstrous thing we're doing - killing one for the convenience of the other - because you and I both know most abortions are not about saving anyone's life. They're because someone couldn't control their urges and a pregnancy occurred and now it's the baby that pays with its life.

Cast all of the stones you want I am just giving my own opinion.

If I wanted to cast stones, I'd attack you directly which, to my knowledge, I have not done.

edit on 18-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That argument does not fly.

I know you want it to be but I am not arguing with you.

If I wanted to cast stones, I'd attack you directly which, to my knowledge, I have not done.

I wasn't talking about me.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
EXACTLY! And this above all grieves the Holy Spirit

a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

TextRight. God had no problem killing unborn children in his great flood. God had no problems killing the unborn of the ungodly tribes that didn't acquiesce to his people's invasions, or burning a pregnant adulteress or whore alive, or stoning a fornicating couple, regardless of any concern that the woman may have been with child, or forcing a woman to marry her rapist, for that matter. If a husband had a hunch his wife's pregnancy wasn't his progeny, there was an abortive remedy for that too.

You sound angry that God destroyed the world with water. Now are you just as angry when He destroys this world with fire? God gave the people 120 years to get their house in order and He has given us thousands of years to do the same. Everything in this universe will vanish one day and the message is still the same.

God did not kill the born and unborn at any time. Man did all of this by his free desires. IF people had never sinned then there would not be death. Think that one over. Man created death and the flood brought death.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thou shalt not Murder. The words for "Murder" and "Kill" are different. Murder is the unjustified killing of an innocent person. A person has human DNA. New code is written at conception. Anyone who kills any innocent human life after conception is guilty of murder of a child regardless of state of development. What should be the penalty for murder of a child? What about an abortion clinic baby assassin? What about a mother who hires an assassin to murder her child? What about a father who pays for the assassination of his child? The penalty for this should be... Worse than "being thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck".

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

You sound angry that God destroyed the world with water.

Of course the biblical story of Noah and his ark and a world wide flood is a fairy tale. I'm no more mad at biblical characters in that story than I am mad at Cinderella's step mother and two step sisters.

Now are you just as angry when He destroys this world with fire?

And, this is some weird fantasy some see as some kind of future justice.

God did not kill the born and unborn at any time.

Well, according to your Bible, your God did, and "he" ordered his followers to kill for him, including pregnant women and unborn children.

IF people had never sinned then there would not be death.

Well, that sounds like some design flaw in your God's favorite creation.
edit on 7-8-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You'd think the almighty maker, would have made it a little more harder to have children? Where in actuality the sins of the father do affect the child, even though it should not.

What about woman laying with a woman like they were a man? Some parts of Islam said it ain't gay, while a bunch of stoners should be smashing their skulls into a rock, cause they probably all slept with the same woman.
edit on 8-8-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Whats funny about that affair, is that it was Sarah's idea too, even though she was warned, only to have her kick out the Hand Maiden.

It very re-occuring theme about Woman bringing about the destruction of man, where not even Solomons wisdom an Samson strength would prevail. Especially with Eve screwing over the whole human race an what not.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Imagine one day the earth will just poof out of existence and so does the whole universe. There you are along side everybody else engulfed in light, trembling, heads bowed by the holy glory of a holy and only holy God who will call all who have not Christ to give account for their lives. From Adam until that Moment.

IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE STANDING NEXT TO A CHURCH STEEPLE WHEN IT IS STRUCK BY LIGHTENING, FEAR WILL ENGULF YOU WHOLE BEING A FEAR LIKE NO OTHER A FEAR NO MAN HAS EVER KNOWN BUT WILL FEAR. Ever notice how fearful a close by lightening strike makes you feel. The fear of God is much more powerful than that.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It's more of a reboot than an entirely new system, from my understanding.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

If suddenly, in a blink of an eye, you and I were standing on Crystal ground in front of the Holy Righteous God we would drop as dead at his feet.

It is a fear no one knows of anymore. The fear of God, learn it, love it, live it.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Perhaps this thread too is becoming topical again.

<< 1  2   >>

join