It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 200 IQ method to equalize wealth and pay gaps....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why would we want to eliminate pay gaps or wealth gaps?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm thinking your idea is just plain crazy. I was born in the 70's , 100 bucks was equal to close on 500 in today's market. You would tank the us currency and bankrupt the whole country the min that went into effect.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Just no...

You must be one of those richies...Who doesn't like free money...

You must be one of those people that believe there is such a thing as "free" money.

Dogecoin?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I believe that's called hyper inflation and that tends to not go too well for the average person when that happens to their currencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They do care about innovation.... you think low wage people don't benefit from all the improvements from technology and other advances that make their standard living the highest in the world?

How high is too high? How rich is too rich?

So in America do you really think we need a higher standard of living than what we got now? You need 2 gig WiFi and not just 1? Its like a person saying they need 500 HP in their car when 150 would be just find. At what point do you just go into excessiveness. Why are we a consumer based society? Do we need to be one?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

You are effectively promoting hyperinflation, which has caused nothing but human misery everywhere on the planet, across history.

This is known historical fact.

Read a book sometime....

Its hyperinflation done right. What would it matter to you if a loaf of bread cost you 1 dollar or 100 dollars if the Goverment gives you that 100 dollars. The key is to keep printing and passing money to those of us in need to keep our buying power the same... The key here is the buying power and not the value of the money. Who cares about those who make a lot of money I want to raise up all of us who either just do not want to work, or have done so many poor life choices we are stuck in a path of low wage while others not the same have money we can all use.

So they are not just going to pass me their money and that is why we hyperinflate it...

Because I enjoy working hard and would prefer earning my family a steak dinner as opposed to being offered a loaf of bread by the government.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesperA

Thats what happened last time with hyperinflation, it's not about "why do you care if a loaf of bread cost 1 billion or 2 billion", it's about the money you got allocated to you from the government is now useless by the time you want to use them, you can't save money for more than a day, probably less. You basically have to ask the government for a handout while you are in the checkout queueueueueu!

Not if you establish Goverment set pricing, profit would become a moot point.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Why would we want to eliminate pay gaps or wealth gaps?

Why not? Why should you have more than me...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We would first need to agree that there is a reason to equalize pay and wealth in the first place. I don’t see any reason to do so which makes your plan not only unnecessary, but unwise.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I'm thinking your idea is just plain crazy. I was born in the 70's , 100 bucks was equal to close on 500 in today's market. You would tank the us currency and bankrupt the whole country the min that went into effect.

The wealth gap would be gone right? We would no longer be a consumer based society making China rich and powerful... We would evolved into something other than whose primary goal is to get the newest or best of crap we don't even need.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My IQ must be a bit below 200, as am not able to figure-out if we're talking about money, or distributing Smarties ?

Are we all gonna get 100k Smarties ?

Are Smarties a new kind of currency ?

What are the values of the different colours ?

Will M&Ms and Skittles be considered counterfeit ?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You cannot make everyone equal. You also choke off innovation and investment as you effectively remove those incentives as productive people are not rewarded.

I don't get this fascination with wealthy inequality and the assumption that the inequality exist due to some nefarious means. We are not all equal and never will be.

People today who make low wages do not care about innovation and investment, so what is your point? Your iPhone 12 isn't good enough you need an iPhone 13 or 20?

you think low wage people don't benefit from all the improvements from technology and other advances that make their standard living the highest in the world?

I don't think anybody really "benefits" from the technology that is being introduced today. One example is this: The grocery store I shop at, Krogers, and have done so for decades, now only offers "digital coupons" for items. You have to have a cell-phone to be able to get the discount, though. Since I don't have a cell-phone, I don't get the sale price. Being as I'm an old and reliable faithful customer, how does that benefit me over everybody else who has jumped onto the cell-phone bandwagon? Where's the benefit? They always had sales, and literally everybody that wanted to could benefit by them. Nobody was excluded. Now, they are weeding out people that aren't "plugged in." How does that actually benefit anyone? Because you know they have an ulterior motive for everybody to be "plugged in."

Edited to add this afterthought:
And don't try to say this is just a "First World Problem." Their goal is to get everybody down to "Third World" status.
edit on 16-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Edited to add an afterthought.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Zimbabwe Currencies

🦑

The numbers would mean nothing, its the buying power that we could control while wiping out the evil rich in the process, so 100 trillion Zimbabwe bank note is still worth 230 bucks...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You must be one of those people that believe there is such a thing as "free" money.

I can compromise...If you are mentally and/or physically able to work you have to work to get your Goverment subsistence...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Because I enjoy working hard and would prefer earning my family a steak dinner as opposed to being offered a loaf of bread by the government.

That is because you are selfish...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

My IQ must be a bit below 200, as am not able to figure-out if we're talking about money, or distributing Smarties ?

Are we all gonna get 100k Smarties ?

Are Smarties a new kind of currency ?

What are the values of the different colours ?

Will M&Ms and Skittles be considered counterfeit ?

You make a good point... It really doesn't matter what you call it or the number on it... Its all about the buying power of it. It is a lot like reestablishing a barter system.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If all the rich billionaires were all of a sudden made poor then people like Bezos who employs over 1.3 million people at Amazon would have no money to pay his employees and would have to fire 1.3 million people.

Who do you think provides the jobs in this country?
Rich people.

Who do you think invests their billions of dollars of their own money to create Innovative companies like Tesla
Or SpaceX? Elon Musk. In your scenario musk would have to
Fire everyone and we would have no electric cars and definitely no hope of going to Mars because NASA has become a cesspool of contractor malfeasance and corruption.
It takes hundreds of millions of dollars to invest in Research
And development.

Who do you think pays 80% of ALL FEDERAL Income tax to the US government? Millionaires and Billionaires.
We already have the most progressive tax system in the world but yet we have to borrow 70% of our budget so I don’t see that capital for investment coming from the government.

This is like basic Freshman year ECON 101.

You should watch some Milton Freidman videos
On YouTube. He is an award winning Nobel prize winning economist. It will all make sense when you listen to him and not the garbage media.

edit on 16-4-2021 by Brassmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So now that everyone see this as a bad idea, how many of you cashed your stimulus checks, voted the idiots into office, mouth is all watering for the next one, next one and the next one... Where would you like to stop 20 Trillion, 200 Trillion? So tell me again why my idea is so bad?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
If all the rich billionaires were all of a sudden made poor then people like Bezos who employs over 1.3 million people at Amazon would have no money to pay his employees and would have to fire 1.3 million people.

Who do you think provides the jobs in this country?
Rich people.

They would keep working and make more...Bezos would be worth very little and the number of packages that need shipped would also be greatly reduced. Since the Goverment is paying the difference then we can put 1.3 million people picking up trash a long our Highways, you do like clean roads don't you?

In your scenario musk would have to
Fire everyone and we would have no electric cars.
It takes hundreds of millions of dollars to invest in Research
And development.

Why? The Goverment would offset what they get from Tesla, so you make 70k from working at Tesla then the Government adds 30k to it....

Who do you think pays 80% of ALL FEDERAL Income tax to the US government? Millionaires and Billionaires.
We already have the most progressive tax system in the world but yet we have to borrow 70% of our budget so I don’t see that capital for investment coming from the government.

Taxes would not really need to be paid...

You should watch some Milton Freidman videos
On YouTube. He is an award winning Nobel prize winning economist. It will all make sense when you listen to him and not

I would, but he doesn't have a 200 IQ and that is the OP...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

They do care about innovation.... you think low wage people don't benefit from all the improvements from technology and other advances that make their standard living the highest in the world?

How high is too high? How rich is too rich?

So in America do you really think we need a higher standard of living than what we got now? You need 2 gig WiFi and not just 1? Its like a person saying they need 500 HP in their car when 150 would be just find. At what point do you just go into excessiveness. Why are we a consumer based society? Do we need to be one?

This is the beauty of a free society and free markets. It has nothing to do with need. It has to do with want. If someone can afford a 600hp car, a 5000 sqft home, or whatever else they want to blow their wad on, they are within their rights to do so and a company will exist to fulfill that need. The people (consumers) paying for the Porsche are keeping Porsche employee's employed so they can also go spend money on stuff they don't need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join