It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid oppression is going to their heads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you didn't see Jim Jordan questioning Fauchi the other day, it's worth a watch. Sure it's nice to see one of the chosen few get rattled, but the main point Jordan was making was ignored.

he asked a fairly simple question. What metric will be used to allow us to go back to where we were before covid? Fauchi has plenty to say about what is "too high" and what is "unaceptable", but he is incapable of coming to a conclusion about what is acceptable and what the numbers would be if we could stop masking, distancing, and avoiding assembling.

So what is the issue here? Do they not know what numbers would be OK? Perhaps they haven't thought about it. Well, it's time to talk about it.
Yea, we get it, lots of people died. (although that number isn't really quantifiable due to other factors, like the Flu being totally gone, and some deaths being reported as Covid when they weren't.

What will it take? For those who carry water for the left, you seem to be fully invested in the scare mongering, what is your metric?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What will it take? For those who carry water for the left, you seem to be fully invested in the scare mongering, what is your metric?

i'm not carrying anyone's water, friend -- but to me it's one of those things we can't put a hard number on because this is a situation we don't have a prior metric for. we're discovering as we go along.

by the way, did you see ivanka got the jibby-jab? so that's one soul closer to heaven

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Remember clown world inhabitants, Joe BIden clearly stated in the debates multiple times He had a plan to tackle the pandemic and return things to normal. Help is on the way!

No surprise, they don't. LMAO

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

LOL, so you thought I was talking to you? Well, if you identify that way, I can't stop you.
But with regard to your opinion, why can't we say when things can get back to normal?

If the vaccine really works, then at some percentage of the population being vaccinated, we should be at a place that would allow us to relax our guard a bit. On the other hand, if the vaccines are garbage and the results were lied about, then it's anyone's game.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

LOL, so you thought I was talking to you? Well, if you identify that way, I can't stop you.

i hear it pretty much any time i take this position regarding covid so i thought i'd just get that out there

But with regard to your opinion, why can't we say when things can get back to normal?

If the vaccine really works, then at some percentage of the population being vaccinated, we should be at a place that would allow us to relax our guard a bit. On the other hand, if the vaccines are garbage and the results were lied about, then it's anyone's game.

well like i just said... unprecedented situation in terms of a new virus, a high population level, people living massively different lifestyles than the last time we did this kind of thing, new vaccines... we can't look in a crystal ball and say well the vaccine has been this effective in these situations so it will be this effective at this level and therefore X is the magic number when things go back to normal.

we're learning as we go. science, man. it's a trip.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yes you’re carrying their water . You’re parroting all their information for them .

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

Yes you’re carrying their water . You’re parroting all their information for them .

if you think science has a liberal bias.... well

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Your OP is a straw man.

This is a new disease and it’s constantly developing. Thinking that there is some concrete metric that we’ll hit and everything can just magically return back to normal is a complete misunderstanding of what this is.

I doubt you’re stupid, so it’s probably an intentional misunderstanding due to your politics. To quote a recent Republican anti-masker who got covid and is now angry at the people he spent 4 years licking the boots of:

A mask shouldn’t have a political party,” Watts said. “A vaccine shouldn’t have a political party, but we’ve conjured these things to have these connotations.”

Link

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dudeWhat metric will be used to allow us to go back to where we were before covid?

Don't take this personally, but I have a hunch that if he were to provide a metric you would dispute it.

If there is one thing that I've taken away from the whole "conspiracy" scene it's this "No matter how incontrovertible something is, people will dispute it if it doesn't fit with their own personal narrative".

Putting you and Fauchi in a room together would be like putting that guy from Ancient Aliens into a room with a geologist and asking them to look at pictures from the Mars rover. I will leave it up to you to decide which one of you is which.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

doubt you’re stupid, so it’s probably an intentional misunderstanding due to your politics

Dude quit it.
It's all you have done since the day you joined.
Absolutely ridiculous.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i hear it pretty much any time i take this position regarding covid so i thought i'd just get that out there

well like i just said... unprecedented situation in terms of a new virus, a high population level, people living massively different lifestyles than the last time we did this kind of thing, new vaccines... we can't look in a crystal ball and say well the vaccine has been this effective in these situations so it will be this effective at this level and therefore X is the magic number when things go back to normal.

we're learning as we go. science, man. it's a trip.

Based on what you just posted, you are not only carrying the water, you are Fauci himself or a close copy.
Because that is exactly the double talk that comes out of his mouth, which for a man in his position and his so called “experience”, is not good enough.
He should just shut his mouth if he doesn’t know (and he does not know) and not flip flop 2 times a week.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

To a conservative, everything has a liberal bias if it doesn’t match up to their fake worldview. And by fake worldview I mean the lies that politicians and media pundits have drilled into their heads for years.

The idea that they’re a majority in this country, that they’re the “real” Americans. An imaginary culture war. The idea that it’s Democrats and leftists who have made this country go down the drain, that it isn’t the Republican politicians who have whored this country and themselves out.

When you step back and look at the whole picture, it becomes obvious why they are so afraid of everything and trapped inside this bubble of extreme outrage.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Based on what you just posted, you are not only carrying the water, you are Fauci himself or a close copy.
Because that is exactly the double talk that comes out of his mouth, which for a man in his position and his so called “experience”, is not good enough.
He should just shut his mouth if he doesn’t know (and he does not know) and not flip flop 2 times a week.

no double talk. it would be irresponsible to say 'here is a definite metric' when we don't have the data to say that.

there's no way to pull a number out of the air here and be certain about it, and anyone who insists there should be is really displaying a lot of ignorance about the complexity of the situation.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Amount of people recovered + amount fully vaccinated = 70% or more (+don't let anyone in or out of the country)

Celebrate!

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Science no. Scientists, frequently.

Academia, pretty much all of the time.

Stand up and say "Gender is binary", and see how many grants you get after that.

It took decades for science to publicly admit that race wasn't just skin deep. Meanwhile African Americans were dying of heart disease because their bodies processed resources differently from European's bodies. Meaning that they could live the exact same lifestyle and be worse off for it.

Science is still trying to escape the shadow of Eugenics experiments of the 1920s-1940s. So much is taboo.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Have you taken the vaccine or do you plan to take it?

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We have dealt with corona virus before, and the population level has been high for decades and decades and decades.

“People living massively different lifestyles” Yo what are you referring??
edit on 16-4-2021 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah, the usual metric for "herd immunity" according to Fauci was 70-75% and even as low as 60%. So when they have achieved 70-75% vaccinations, that should be "back to normal" point. Why wouldn't he say this now? Because they are not going to allow us to go back to normal, they have control of you pleebs, and they will keep it now.

www.nytimes.com...
"Scientists initially estimated that 60 to 70 percent of the population needed to acquire resistance to the coronavirus to banish it. Now Dr. Anthony Fauci and others are quietly shifting that number upward."

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Yeah, the usual metric for "herd immunity" according to Fauci was 70-75% and even as low as 60%. So when they have achieved 70-75% vaccinations, that should be "back to normal" point. Why wouldn't he say this now? Because they are not going to allow us to go back to normal, they have control of you pleebs, and they will keep it now.

www.nytimes.com...
"Scientists initially estimated that 60 to 70 percent of the population needed to acquire resistance to the coronavirus to banish it. Now Dr. Anthony Fauci and others are quietly shifting that number upward."

Yeah if you watch the video of Jim Jordan destroying him, Fauci wouldn’t even commit to any number now.
Chairman Clyburn was the one that blurted out 90% for whatever reason and he isn’t even as smart as you or me.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB
Amount of people recovered + amount fully vaccinated = 70% or more (+don't let anyone in or out of the country)

Celebrate!

I thought it was two weeks to flatten the curve...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join