It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready for higher grocery bills for the rest of the year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I don't shop there enough to notice, but I have noticed what seems to be to large a % of shelf space devoted to non-essentials.
Seasonal crap, candy.

The one I shop at used to have a small section for those kinds of things, too, now it's practically a whole aisle with that junk. I guess that's why non-essentials like shortening got kicked out. More people are buying 6-foot blow-up baby pools than food. The whole dynamics of what used to be normal in the world are getting turned on end. It's going to bring about calamity, sooner or later.

I don't buy or use shortening, but if you could get it at Aldi before, surely there must be an alternative within a stone's throw. ANY Hispanic/Latino/Southern section in a store will have it.

You are missing the point. While every "Hispanic/Latino/Southern section in a store will have it," EVERY store USED to have it ALL the time. Don't you remember this? The fact that a store, any store, doesn't have it now is what I'm pointing out. It never was that way before. To me, it's like paraphrasing what a certain man said in Germany during World War II:
First they took shortening out of the store, but I didn't buy it, so it didn't matter.
Then they took out flour and sugar, but I didn't use it, so it didn't matter.
Then they took out yarns permanently and there was no products left to buy at all. I should have spoken up sooner.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about you, just pointing out that everything bad always starts small, so we need to recognize the little things like this and try to do something about it before it's too late.

it's not a conspiracy, it's evidently a legitimate shortage because stupid Americans cowered for a year instead of harvesting.

And so you know I'm NOT full of crap, here's Meijer:

www.meijer.com...

Do you have a link to back up your claims that it's not a conspiracy? And there are no Meijers or Family Fares near here. So, don't get your panties in a wad. If it was "seasonal," how come, during the same exact season I shopped there at Aldis, right across the street Kroger's had shortening? Are you telling me that Kroger's was in a different time zone or something and therefore it was a different season just across the street? We've all seen how things start. One place at a time and then it spreads. That is reality. Are you in touch with it? No, shortening is not "seasonal." Just like Don't Tread On Me said above, shortening is essential for some people, not "seasonal."

I mean, wake up, people!

If this is what you fly off the handle about, suit yourself. Even you admit it's across the street at a Kroger, yet you have to stones to fly off the handle at the mere suggestion that...GASP!...you literally go across the street to that store. You;'re not gaslighting your way out of this one, you did not explicitly state ANYTHING restricting the comments following your claim to adhere only to seasonal claims.

I don't give a crud what your fixation with Aldi is or why, but your behavior handling a backburner idea suggestion is unbecoming as hell.

I'm not flying off the handle, merely reporting that I saw something I've never seen before. I don't know how you would think that's "flying of the handle?"

How do you think I knew it was at the store right across the street, unless I went to the store right across the street? And since you knew I went across the street to the store that had some, and I needed some, what makes you think I didn't buy some at said store that same instant I was inside of said store? Then to suggest I could have bought some there days after I already had wasn't very helpful, was it? And don't say you didn't know that I had bought some there, because whether or not I bought some elsewhere wasn't what I was talking about, now was it? It was plain and simple what I was talking about. For the first time, a store I shopped at no longer had any shortening. Is that too hard to understand or do the words need to be simpler for you?

I'm not gaslighting, or whatever you want to call it, my way out of anything. I said what I said, and you obviously couldn't care less that suddenly some food items that anybody could always buy everywhere, are suddenly being limited. But yet you have the time to waste to make a federal case out of it by suggesting things not even related to what I was talking about, then that's on you. You're not going to get out of it by pretending you missed my point by continually changing the subject.

Look. If you're not concerned over something that I am concerned about, don't try to say I'm "gaslighting" just because I'm concerned and you're not. To say I'm "flying off the handle" because I'm concerned about something that never happened before is just unbecoming as heck. So, please don't waste my time any further. If I find it's a concerning issue, what's it to you?

You said "I don't give a crud what your fixation with Aldi is or why." The fact that you said you don't give a crud about what I found out at Aldis kind of says it all about you. This requires nothing more out of you, because at this time, I feel you're a pretty unfriendly person. To say anything else would only prove it.
edit on 20-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: corrected a typo.

edit on 20-4-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected another typo I had missed.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'll say now (umm insider info) I was told by a mass meat manufacturer beef and chicken prices are fixing to soar through the roof. Supply and demand with covid causing manufacturing issues. Don't take my word as gold, but that's what I was told.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes, but it's what people voted for.

I'm pretty certain that nobody actually voted for crops to be damaged by extremely weather events and the rest of the stuff happened under Trump's presidency Biden hasn't been in office for long enough to have a substantive effect.

It won't be Biden ecomony till maybe 2023. Same as it was still Obama economy till two years in to Trump's administration.

You are right, no one voted for extreme weather events which will hurt food prices. However, this is just one (1) factor involved in higher prices. Trump had negotiated better deals with foreign countries, and now this administration signed a lot of those away on day one.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

a reply to: AaarghZombies

People voted for endless lockdowns and masking to stay safe, and that contributes to this.

If you vote for higher energy prices in any form, you voted for this.

If you vote for higher taxes in any form, you voted for this.

Hold on the lockdowns and mask wearing began and continued last year under Trump, are you having a go at Trump voters? They also happened around the world, do you think people across the world voted for them?

Your argument here is literally retarded and to think you got a whole bunch of stars for it. This site has gone downhill.

Can you please grow up and not call people names? Didn't your mama ever teach you not to do that? Oh, and you're saying that President Trump forced all those Democratic governors to do those mean things? Please seek counseling for your condition.

I said the argument was retarded not the person! But then you go on to tell me to seek counselling for my condition. Is that supposed to be a non offensive wayto insult me or what?
I’m not saying Trump forced democratic governors to do anything, just like he didn’t force other countries to do anything. Or did you miss the fact other countries did the exact same measures? Do you even realise a world exists outside of America?
That’s why who you voted for doesn’t matter, the NWO is here and they decide the rules. You should have realised this when they killed JFK.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Bluntone22

Folks voted for the politicians who killed their own local economies, too. In fact, those local and state level leaders almost certainly did actually receive the majority of votes and won their positions from a popular vote rather than through voter fraud and ballot counting manipulation, so this collapse definitely does seem to be what people voted for.

Do you truly believe folks would vote for the destruction of the economy and the loss of jobs, they would vote to be poorer and disenfranchised? Or do think it more likely they were lied to my the media and politicians?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yes, but it's what people voted for.

Its not so much that people voted FOR Joe Biden, its more so they voted AGAINST the piece of flotsam that now refers to himself simply as "45" - but he did have words, the best words so I cannot for the life figure out WHY a MAJORITY of Americans wanted a stable genius like him OUT. Weird, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join