It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAM Builders of the Ancient Monuments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
I'll summarize this horribly put together video (I hate to call it a film or a movie), so that the rest of you don't have to.

The basic premise is, there was some major civilization a long time ago, before the end of the last ice age.

The video goes about examining in often boring detail various archaeological evidence. Arguing that many structures, that have dates associated with them, actually maybe very older, because there are multiple different construction techniques used, which imply an older level of development, that was then built upon by a successive generation later, which did not have the same skill set as the previous generation of construction. All of that actually seems to make sense to me. But, none of that was "new".

Yeah. Basically a review of all the other stuff in Prime "ancient builders" vids.

But then, it went down this deep weird numerology-esue path. Which, it really didn't need to to make the case.

This is where they did their best work.

You must understand that, when you're only using a few constants to define your results, the probability of getting a particular result (especially applying the same formula again and again to different constructs, in most cases.)

It's a very small probability.

She proved her case well to anyone who actually can do that kind of math. (Which unfortunately isn't very many people these days, I guess.)

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

PS: I forgot to mention, that the whole thing is narrated in a female voice, that seems like it is computer generated / text to speech. Which just makes the whole thing seem that much more scammy - as if whoever wrote it, didn't want to be connected to it with their own voice, and nobody else wanted to lend their actual voice to it either.

The other thing you'll notice is that everyone she is talking to is speaking French. Even when she was in South America, the people on camera (including the guy who looked like he was from Peru himself) spoke French. Not Spanish.

I think she just has a think French accent.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The math is hard to explain, though. I think I need to watch that part again, so I can keep track of how many times each calculation was used.

Number stuff is often unconvincing argument, because it is assumed that if you look hard enough you can always find an interesting coincidence.

However, what struck me about it is that she was using the same two or three formulas again and again.

That is what makes it convincing. Basically just using Pi, Phi, golden ratio, and then cutting a circle into 6 parts and using the length of 5 of the 6 slices (I think it was that?)

I would say that last part is the furthest she reached into oddness.

If it was odd triple multiples and stuff, I would be less convinced. But golden ratio calculations had cultural significance in ancient Greece (which they claimed to be getting from ancient Egypt.)

In particular, the fact that scales were being chosen wherein the number of meters would add up to Phi or Pi, or one of these other numbers, raised my eyebrows.

<< 1   >>

join