It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ways Contact With Extraterrestrials Will Save Our Civilization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's possible.
Alternatively, they might be escaping from the apex predators who have arrived to take over their planet.

I sometimes wonder if our space program might suddenly accelerate to incredible levels if we absolutely knew we were doomed.
Seems that the expense is what keeps us here.
If the cost became irrelevant we might all end up having our own millennium falcons to go and find a new home.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

#1 We have no way of knowing any or some alien(s) if they exist will be benevolent.

There is a school of thought that says if they've traveled this far then they've probably past many planets with food and resources so they're probably explorers , personally I thing until we can defend ourselves we should be very quiet.

Of course they could already have found us and have a base deep in the ocean in which case it's safe to assume there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

It's possible.
Alternatively, they might be escaping from the apex predators who have arrived to take over their planet.

I sometimes wonder if our space program might suddenly accelerate to incredible levels if we absolutely knew we were doomed.
If the cost became irrelevant we might all end up having our own millennium falcons to go and find a new home.

That thought halfway crossed my mind, well not the alien predator, but what if TPTB knew a planetwide event was coming down the pike. Like the Japanese billionaire renting a spot on the Lunar orbiter.

As much as I would like every one of us to get a Millenium Falcon pretty sure there will quite a few of us aren't going to be invited on board. They might give us a book how to live in caves

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

#6 (and the actual reality) Wiping us out via turning us into food or turning us into ashes.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's true. I doubt we would all be invited.

Being an old sci-fi novel fan when I was younger, it seemed odd that so many people assume that the aliens would be advanced explorer types with kind hearts. Going out to "save" all and sundry they may encounter.

They may have had to blow their last ounce of energy and resources just to save themselves. It could be a last ditch attempt at survival.
They may not be in a state to save anyone else.
Their knowledge would certainly be different but not necessarily much greater than ours.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

or use us as a host for their parasitic worm gods.

(pretty sure that was a Stargate thing)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Wasn't that animorphs?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I can imagine them arriving in a crappy, dirty spaceship cobbled together out of junk and spare parts.
Their reason for leaving could be that they'd ruined their own planet and want to know if they could stay on our sofa for a few weeks and borrow a bit of cash just til they've got themselves sorted out.

I can't imagine they didn't get to where they are by not being the Apex predator on their planet...Think about that for a minute in do we really want them to know where we are?

No, no! They've transcended all of that toxic, apex nonsense. They sit around munching shrooms, and drinking shroom tea and smoke herb in drum circles and their space ships are powered by good vibes.

They have tantric orgies every night and no one gets jealous of who's screwing who.

They want to come share their message of good vibes and nuclear disarmament in exchange for more shrooms and green.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

#6 (and the actual reality) Wiping us out via turning us into food or turning us into ashes.

If there's two intelligent species there's bound to be more. So....

If we're really lucky, a more benevolent one finds us first, helps protects us and even allies with us.

If we're somewhat unlucky, we become a Syria in a galactic proxy war. Might not be particularly nice here, but they'd know enough to keep us alive.

And if we're really unlucky, #6. Hope it'd get over with quickly.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Takes our souls out of the containers and traps them in dimensional prisons as a fuel source.

Yeah, I'm thinking that each number has a total opposite possibility that are equally likely. Since they haven't apparently taken any direct action to "help us," I can only assume that they either want us to destroy ourselves or (probably) don't really give a rat's ass about us either way.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
1. A Genesis Machine would bring a lot more meaning to the "Beginning of The End".

2. Present Hall pass, or be vaporized.

3. If there is, we are all, even the humans, SCREWED!

4. Where to begin.

5. Work for it?!?

edit on 15-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

That thought halfway crossed my mind, well not the alien predator, but what if TPTB knew a planetwide event was coming down the pike. Like the Japanese billionaire renting a spot on the Lunar orbiter.

As much as I would like every one of us to get a Millenium Falcon pretty sure there will quite a few of us aren't going to be invited on board. They might give us a book how to live in caves

. . . and wouldn't it be embarrassing if the "big event" that was kept in secrecy with money thrown at it endlessly did not turn out as expected.

What if global civilization survived mostly intact?

What if civilization realized they were played for suckers and left for dead . . . .

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Unless they have been here all along, as speculated elsewhere on ATS, I don't see them giving a # about what happens to the population.
edit on 16-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268

. . . and wouldn't it be embarrassing if the "big event" that was kept in secrecy with money thrown at it endlessly did not turn out as expected.

What if global civilization survived mostly intact?

What if civilization realized they were played for suckers and left for dead . . . .

Whatever it is it and when and/if it happens it won't be nice and neat. Honestly can't imagine any intelligent alien civilization just inviting 7.9 billion to their home plant or system, for anything but ulterior motives. Hell, I can't imagine them wanting to screw with assisting our population here on earth.

Cause the question is do we have anything redeeming to offer an advanced alien civilization? Much much easier to completely ignore, isolate and/or wipe out. They could covet the planet but just need to remove the human mold that is attached to the surface.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Unless they have been here all along, as speculated elsewhere on ATS, I don't see them giving a # about what happens to the population.

I quite agree with both points.

There may be some "aliens" from elsewhere or elsewhen. The "been here all along" is my suspicion too.

Altruistic Star Trek concepts wouldn't be my first thoughts either. Most thinking is human centric, one would have to put oneself in the "alien's" position.

One thought here is to see humanity as a threat if we got off the planet. The movie Avatar is an example of corporate greed escaping to the stars.

Another thought I have is biological warfare is probably a cheap and effective method of wiping out an advanced organic species. All one needs is some tissue samples. In the movie War of the Worlds the Martians are killed by germs leaving the technology intact. Another corporate dream come true.

Bio warfare also means one does not have to try and compete on a technological basis with a civilization thousands of years ahead in technology. Frankly I am surprised that very little is ever spoken or written about the implications of this.

The two points above would explain why "aliens" keep their distance from us and simply observe, for the time being that is.

edit on 16-4-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's possible.

True, but my point is that all aliens will most likely be the Apex predator of their home world, and earth not only is nice, but we taste like bacon as they look for a new home and everyone likes bacon...win win for them.

edit on 16-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

No, no! They've transcended all of that toxic, apex nonsense. They sit around munching shrooms, and drinking shroom tea and smoke herb in drum circles and their space ships are powered by good vibes.

They have tantric orgies every night and no one gets jealous of who's screwing who.

They want to come share their message of good vibes and nuclear disarmament in exchange for more shrooms and green.

That is what we are hoping for but evolution kind of says otherwise. The bad part is unless we were seeded by some super advance race then aliens will be like nothing on earth, so there will not be that kindred attitude if we were somewhat alike. I'm sure we would be so different that even a cow would look closer to us and we all know what we do with cows...

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That is what we are hoping for but evolution kind of says otherwise. The bad part is unless we were seeded by some super advance race then aliens will be like nothing on earth, so there will not be that kindred attitude if we were somewhat alike.

Well, it is said, for example, that the "greys" are organic based biological computer avatars for alien consciousness. It would make sense to build stand alone biological interfaces to bridge the gap between two very different types of beings.

And I wonder, how would information be shared among organic computers?

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

. . . would be one possible way.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Would ask them to clean up Fukushima with a simple scanner or something. Also being part of the galactic trade would be extremely beneficial . I would worry about decimating industries currently in place though. Imagine if they had a scanner that cured cancer all the doctors pharmaceutical companies etc. would be completely useless. We would have to reimagine the economy if energy was infinite or close to infinite. With infinite energy we could potentially have more food than we would ever need.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

That entire post was sarcasm.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join