It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slow creep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: Boadicea

The question is this:

In the battle between good and evil, who has the strategic upper hand from a moralistic point of view? Who has more flexibility, who can adapt more?

What Good is there, when good must commit to Evil, to defeat it, where as what Evil is there, when Evil must commit to Good, to rule it?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

"Question : is a democracy the weakest form of government in existence today?"

Yes, it is, and in its present form in the US it is the crummiest form of government and spawns run-away corruption at every level of government. The US was set up as a Republic with Democratically elected representatives and limited sufferage.

Today, anyone can vote regardless of citizenship status and in many places, one person can cast multiple ballots and ballot harvest and vote dead people. So basically fair elections have become a thing of the past. What you are left with is a Fascist Oligarchy of The Party and the Big Tech Corporations. Gone are checks and balances and that will be completely gone when Biden packs the Supreme Court.

Its a Bannana Republic. Which explains the wall around the Capitol Building in DC.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Another interesting observation he has is that once a society's religion gets perverted that is the endgame. Once the religion collapses the society collapses.

Laws don't ultimately teach manners only coerces them from you, religion is the glue that keeps it together. It spreads a uniform culture.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Freedom is hard and the truth hurts. Think about the coddled, safe space loving, risk averse people of today and you know the answer.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Holy crap dude.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I will check this out.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Spot on.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just had a flashback to Jack Nicholson's character in A Few Good Men.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I always come to the same chilling conclusion.

The question is this:

In the battle between good and evil, who has the strategic upper hand from a moralistic point of view? Who has more flexibility, who can adapt more?

A chilling conclusion here for me is basing the question you ask on ancient polar opposites of good and evil as if all aspects of right and wrong are absolute and grounded in two spiritually opposed hierarchies governed by a Good God and an Evil Satan. To me, that is the chilling conclusion, that after thousands of year, so may of us are still willing to frame the problems we face in that conundrum of good vrs evil. Answering your questions of morally upuper hand, flexibility and adaptability depend upon how we define that ''good and evil''

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I wasn't even referring to Christianity. I wasn't referring to any one specific religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Governments want control over the people. This has gone on all along. Our bill of rights and constitution is what protects us from being turned into puppets, and alchemy is a method of deceiving people to comply with them. We never have been totally free, but lately they are trying to block everyone from being able to say anything against the group trying to take over.

Not enough people are doped up yet in this country to succeed at a group taking over completely, they need more people on antipsychotics and antidepressants to vote for the leaders to allow our freedoms to be taken away....they have been expanding use of these drugs that block choline to deter thinking by people now.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There are things that are universally seen as bad and universally as good.

It's across all cultures and beliefs.

Its what makes us human.

It's what your parents taught you.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If anything, we can always put it to a vote?

Huh, huh...

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Watch how drugs like coc aine become legal again.

edit on 14-4-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sure.

But only if the "right" outcome is voted for.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Cut throat Pirates used to do it all the time, although it was more about ability rather then just sounding good.

Great way to make the elective keep to their word, or it mutiny, just like the last dozen Captains.

Constitutions usually ran into similar problems, but they never worked for illiterates.

edit on 14-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Granted, you did not and I only used it as the prime example of how that concept of good and evil is solidified into absolutes. I guess it was also described by the Greeks, Aristotle, I think. Absolute good and evil with no understanding of the neuances and spectrum of right and wrong. It's difficult to focus on those concepts without specifying concrete examples of how as a concept it has become embedded in our minds.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Question : is a democracy the weakest form of government in existence today?

You do not live in a Democracy, you only think that you do.

Democracy needs the support of it's two pillars, Freedom and Truth.

You are not free and when was the last time a politician told the truth?

Without Truth, Democracy fails, has failed you and now, we stand at the precipice.

Wanna Jump!

P

It's hard to say if the founding fathers ever meant for the United States of America to be a democracy at all. Remember they were all Masons and therefore as a collective at least, part of one of the main if not thee head brotherhood who decided on the goal we see coming to fruition now being what the course was set for in the time of the enlightenment mid 18th century. Ben Franklin even said by having a two party system and always pushing into the spotlight one or two realistocally unimportant issues to the center stage publically...only issues which thiugh unimportant DO always though get strong emotional reaction from everyone whether on this side or that, that οι πολλοί would always be too distracted to realize it is a democracy only in that the average simpleton is convinced by the illusion of choice, even though any side you chose there is only one place both sides converge in the end. Strange he would have said that in front of anyone who would have noted it down for the books if in the very beginning, the people of the nation being born were actually supposed to be in control of their rulers, their rulers subject always to them. Eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join