It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corbett Report Banned From YouTube After 14 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Color me shocked. Have been an on-again/off-again fan of James for a long time. Always appreciated the way he delivered his material. While a Lot of what he posted was alarming, his demeanor was always calm and his observations evenly delivered.

Linkster I posted Episode 398 of The Corbett Report podcast, “Science Says,” around 10 PM Japanese Standard Time on Friday, April 9th, 2021, and then went to bed. Sometime shortly after midnight, the main Corbett Report channel was removed from YouTube.

And, just like that, 14 years of work–some 1700+ videos, 569,000+ subscribers and 90 million+ video views–was erased from the digital ether. . . . Well, the GooTube portion of that digital ether, anyway.

Given that I’ve been promoting YouTube alternatives since at least 2009, and given that I have made video after video after video after video after video warning my audience that I would be banned from GooTube, and given that I even delivered a presentation last year noting that The Library of Alexandria is on Fire, it’s safe to say that this news did not catch me off guard. Learning about the banning after waking up on Saturday morning, my only thought was, “Well, that took longer than I expected.”

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

They're not even being coy with their censorship now.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That is what is scary...

Surprised a thread wasn't started, but last week Youtube censored a forum Ron Desantis put on with doctors from Stanford and other prominent schools talking about Covid.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That is what is scary...

Surprised a thread wasn't started, but last week Youtube censored a forum Ron Desantis put on with doctors from Stanford and other prominent schools talking about Covid.

Sadly, if a thread was started every time social media banned or censored based upon political ideology, ATS would run out of bandwidth.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I hope he moves over to theta.

The pooptube is going down!

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Made a thread on this not long ago.

Sad day, Corbett's one of the more decently referenced alternative journalists out there.

a reply to: Edumakated

Surprised a thread wasn't started last week

It was...
edit on 13/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This started several years ago on YouTube. When they screwed up their monetization and pushed out little guys it was the start of the end.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Cause this is a corbett thread and relevant.

Stupidly put youtube link here forgetting premise of thread. New owners seriously, we need a general video embed that's not youtube specific.

Oh..right...his channel's gone lol...

www.corbettreport.com...

Corbett's party with other youtubers, probably part of why he got banned, who were banned from youtube for political wrongthink.
edit on 13/4/2021 by dug88 because: Forgot stupidly this whole thread was about the fact corbett's gondies from youtube.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

At least he seen it coming for a long time and had a backup plan. He's on several other platforms but granted most people only know of him via youtube or is it now Theytube. Seeing they can censor & deplatform a sitting US president what do you think they can do to anyone at anytime for any reason?!

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Attributed to Joseph Goebbels:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

All of the State's powers include its lapdog media and social media platforms. Google, Fascistbook, the Twits are all essentially fascist Nazi propaganda machines.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: JAGStorm

New owners seriously, we need a general video embed that's not youtube specific.[

I agree. Or at least several options for embedding from various platforms.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Provide solid information with links and you will get banned.
We all knew it was coming since the truth is not allowed.
Sadly, people won't exercise their own power to shut down these fascists.
Youtube is a choice, go to Corbettreport.com for the original with no youtube influence.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Have you been to 'Brand New Tube'?
I only discovered it yesterday.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The problem is, the Corbett report got too comfortable, too relaxed.

They didn't believe in the seriousness of Progressive Big Tech Censorship, now they were given a heavy dose straight up in the form of wiping 14 years of private, hard work in an instant, without a care in the world.

Welcome to the Ban.

This is why Alternatives will succeed, even though some have existed for a long time, the need to supplant never existed, but now?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yea, it's going to take awhile for alternatives to catch on. Especially when we have a congress that is either bought and paid for by corporations or multinationals have taken over and run our congress. Take your pic.

Watch Twitter put Jason Whitlock, a black man, in chains over speaking the truth.

This is what real fascism looks like folks.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The backfire effect will eventually mean that places like YouTube will simply become known as fake news.

This may not be correct in every case but generally speaking, if you ban the ones trying to tell the truth you end up with an echo chamber of liars.

Judging by the quantity of ads I'm seeing compared to a year or so ago they must be getting desperate for income. Too many ads and dwindling numbers of creators from varied sources tells me they are destroying themselves with a failing business model.

I know a lot of people think you tube videos are unreliable but soon we'll all know they are completely unreliable.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What we need is a pootube exodus, give them what they deserve.
Anyone here have enough social media influence to get the ball rolling?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Generally when YouTube removes content or an account they send an email stating what the issue is and what videos are causing the issue. So what reason was Corbett provided?

I'm not familiar with his channel, but I know in a lot of these cases where people claim they're being censored, it turns out they've been using copyrighted material without consent.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Based off history, there isn't a single content creator with enough clout to cause a mass exit.

At this point in time, YouTube's biggest rival is Twitch. When Twitch's most popular streamer at the time, Ninja, jumped ship to Mixer pretty much no one followed him and within months Mixer was bought by Facebook and shut down.

People get comfortable with the platform they're used to and they won't leave regardless of if they're favorite content is on a different platform.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
With the current administration in power, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit have nothing to worry about, they can censor or de-platform anyone they want. Most of us on here know the companies above should lose section 203 protection. We know that won't happen with so many members of congress bought and paid for.

Before someone says "just make your own platform". i.imgur.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join