It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U* UFO Database & Analysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

I'm finding myself drifting away from ufology due to the constant flow of BS from the modern UFOtainment salesmen..

Good to see you mate and maybe that's half the point of them doing it.

Heartily agree with you about all the great stories involved in UFO research - especially as many do involve factors like radar confirmation, ground trace evidence, E.M. effects, physiological effects, animal reaction etc.

Enjoyed watching that Illinois video again - cops describe the object travelling at a extremely high rate of speed (with one officer stating the object covered an area of 6 miles in 2 to 3 seconds) so not too sure about the Venus debunk promoted by Phil Klass.

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Getting Good Quality Data is where it needs to begin...

Yes indeed mate and even though they deny it (despite documents to the contrary) looks like NORAD is the main repository for CIRVIS Military pilot UFO reports.

Thought Paul Dean made some very interesting comments in this vid about OPREP-3.

edit on 15-4-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

...If accepting that it is the phenomenon that is in control of sightings / contact and at least a degree of intelligent design (if not to a level that includes intimate understanding of the individuals concerned) then is it too far fetched to theorise that there aren't a load of clear photos because the phenomenon isn't allowing it ?

Should all UFO cases should be classed as a single 'phenomenon'? We know many are misidentifications anyway. But even genuine unknowns could have many different explanations.

I also don't really subscribe to the idea of a magical phenomenon that can prevent people taking clear photos of UFOS. It sounds more like an attempt to keep things mysterious and ultimately unsolvable. Which is something I believe some people prefer. Because the endless speculation is more fun than getting to the truth!!

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Should all UFO cases should be classed as a single 'phenomenon'? We know many are misidentifications anyway. But even genuine unknowns could have many different explanations.

I also don't really subscribe to the idea of a magical phenomenon that can prevent people taking clear photos of UFOS.

No doubt there isn't a single explanation for UFO sightings - aside from the known misidentifications there are potential as yet undiscovered natural possibilities as well as supernatural. Granted also genuine "physical" UFO's could have multiple sources but my view is that those which involve some kind of contact (from just a weird feeling / thought implant through to CE3+) share various consistencies.

Respect your opinion but can't see how you can be open to the possibility of some UFO's not being misidentifications of known / natural cause yet would then not allow the mechanism behind them to have what we would consider "magical" powers ?

I know from my own experiences that an as yet not understood "phenomenon" does have "magical" abilities and that those that I have seen demonstrated far exceed the ability to limit the appearance of a UFO to a circumstance where there is no-one with the ability to record on film.

As with (was it the brother ?) in the Walton case there are numerous people who have had multiple experiences who are of the belief that if they tried to record a sighting it wouldn't happen. I haven't done any research on the matter but I am assuming events must have occurred for them to come to that view.

I mean there is physical trace evidence of some extreme contact cases and with multiple witnesses yet no film record. Just with FT's there must be hundreds of reports of clear sightings and not all lasting only seconds yet no film. I don't believe that is all down to bad luck. If you have complete mastery of a situation then everything within it can be controlled.

<< 1   >>

join