It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: Japan announces it will dump contaminated water into sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous!

Japan has announced it will release more than 1m tonnes of contaminated water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant into the sea, a decision that has angered neighbouring countries, including China, and local fishers.

Official confirmation of the move, which came more than a decade after the nuclear disaster, will deal a further blow to the fishing industry in Fukushima, which has opposed the measure for years.

The Gaurdian

I can't even imagine the harm this will cause short and long term. This seriously worries me

edit on 13-4-2021 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I remember an old Simpsons episode about a 3 eyed fish
in the pond near the nuclear plant. Hydroponics should be
in our preps NOW!

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power [Tepco], and government officials say tritium, a radioactive material that is not harmful in small amounts, cannot be removed from the water, but other radionuclides can be reduced to levels allowed for release. “The Japanese government has compiled basic policies to release the processed water into the ocean, after ensuring the safety levels of the water … and while the government takes measures to prevent reputational damage,” Suga told reporters. Three stories of hope: 10 years on from Japan's triple disaster Read more Work to release the diluted water will begin in about two years, the government said, with the entire process expected to take decades. “On the premise of strict compliance with regulatory standards that have been established, we select oceanic release,” it said in a statement.

well they're SAYING all the right things but trust levels are not exactly high here...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I remember an old Simpsons episode about a 3 eyed fish
in the pond near the nuclear plant. Hydroponics should be
in our preps NOW!

Ummm...yep...I'm going to be building my geodesic dome greenhouse with both hydroponic and aquaponic systems starting this weekend...I'll grow my own fish and the fish waste will feed the vertical and horizontally stacked veggies...all without any soil...

Closed system that I plan to keep going throughout the winter months as well...I'll make a thread and post pics of the progress and the finish...

Edit: Sorry for the totally off topic in a thread that should concern us all...I also agree that dumping the contamination in the ocean is foolish...although I'm sure it's not only Japan and Tepco that are guilty of such...

YouSir
edit on 13-4-2021 by YouSir because: I've got the...powa...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Haven't they been dumping into the ocean the whole time?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sadly, there goes my plans to want to move to Hawaii now... my partner and i were discussing leaving the west coast (Seattle) for Hawaii... unsure how this hurts areas like Hawaii and Guam... Im sure this cant be good for them, considering the contaminated water will flow directly at those islands..

This almost feels like an act of war on Japans part against the rest of the world... Hopefully other nations step in with extreme pressure to stop this...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Already posted...

But I’ll ask here..
How much radioactive material is being dumped?
These articles never give any useful numbers beyond some extreme sounding irrelevant measurements.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
I agree. I thought they were continuing water dumps all the time. If they dump that amount they would be harming their people as the Japanese are one of the highest consumers of sea food.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This is not new. They've been dumping contaminated water into the sea since the wave hit.

They should be moving storage into the exclusion zone. We should be asking why they aren't.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Already Posted Here

Closed

top topics

join