It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs gone mad....again.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I googled how many years training does it take to become a police officer in the USA and i was shocked to see this return. Not even a year's training, sometimes only a few weeks

Police academies typically last from 18 to 30 weeks, though there are many variations. Police academy - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... › wiki › Police_academy

In the U.S., training to be a police officer, and carry a gun on behalf of the state, ranges from as few as 10 weeks to as much as 36 weeks. It's a far cry from the years of education required in most western European countries and others around the world

edit on 14/4/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I've never argued it is a "legal right".

Others have. Try to keep up if you’re going to participate. Common sense for discussions.

Pulling over the very second you get lit up is always common sense? No, it isn't, actually.

Which is probably why I didn’t say “the very second.” You don’t need to change what I said so you can attack what you wish I’d said. This is common sense.

Especially when it's quite obvious the guy isn't running.

It’s called slow rolling, and it’s why we have failure to stop and failure to heed laws. Somebody sitting in a vehicle has no idea why somebody sitting in another vehicle is doing whatever they’re doing. This is common sense.

I've never read a blog on the matter, I don't have to. Again, common sense.

Neat.

Your opinion counts as much as any one else's. Which is to say, not at all.

I’ve never said otherwise. That’s common sense.

According to the law, it is different everywhere, thankfully Judge's have common sense.

True. The only laws that matter in this instance are the ones in Virginia, though. Which are the ones I’m talking about. This is common sense.

People are allowed to consider their OWN safety too. In spite of what the government told you.

Certainly. And if you want to drive around looking for a spot to park, when a cop is trying to pull you over, out of concern for your safety, it’s a good idea to call 911 and let them know what you’re doing so the cop is less likely to think you’re looking for somewhere to bail or you’re hiding something in your vehicle. Since you’re so concerned for your safety and all, might as well take every step possible to stay safe. This is common sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Who said anything about a timeline? You did. Why do I need to find a citation for something you bring up when you can’t cite anything for your own comments?

You keep talking about my avatar like you think it’s going to hurt my feelings or something
Starting to look like you’re a lot more interested in me and my picture than sticking to thread topic. That’s adorable though, I always appreciate finding one of my secret admirers

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I hate to say this but if you are a minority and you want to get cops in trouble its not hard to instigate an encounter like this.

that being said the town where they worked in is safer for them not being cops, in all these videos you see one cop doing something so egregious it becomes a national sandal none of the other cops go "hey man, relax a second"

this whole situation could have been avoided if EVERYONE involved was just alittle less confrontational.

LASTLY I have seen some police treat active duty military like #, I always assumed it was a complex of some sort.

everyone loves our young men and women in the military, the same cant be said for cops.

the Lt should have called 911 and told them he was pulling into the gas station.

I wonder what the families of those police officers in that video would say, wonder how proud they are to be part of that blue line
edit on 14-4-2021 by penroc3 because: clarification

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ahhh dude I totally get it now. You are playing bad cop, like the OP. Nice one. But no, no at admirer... just shaking my head at a pathetic noner who hasnt really added to the discussion much.

What about the training issue?

What about the $300 million in lawsuits payed out?

You are just here to be a jerk. I get it. I am guilty of that as well sometimes.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

One has to take things on a case by case basis, and in this case justice was kinda served as Buford T. ustice got fired. But I betcha he gets hired the next county over.....

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Floyds death is manslaughter. Open and shut.

Yeah, except... it really isn't. There is plenty of evidence that he died of an overdose, not the knee to the back.

I wonder what you think about the fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt? That was ... what? Suicide?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: MiddleInsite

Floyds death is manslaughter. Open and shut.

Yeah, except... it really isn't. There is plenty of evidence that he died of an overdose, not the knee to the back.

I wonder what you think about the fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt? That was ... what? Suicide?

That was definitely an easier murder or manslaughter case than the ones we normally get, but that cop didn't even have a trial before the case was dismissed.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Certainly. And if you want to drive around looking for a spot to park, when a cop is trying to pull you over, out of concern for your safety, it’s a good idea to call 911 and let them know what you’re doing so the cop is less likely to think you’re looking for somewhere to bail or you’re hiding something in your vehicle. Since you’re so concerned for your safety and all, might as well take every step possible to stay safe. This is common sense.

Extremely good point! I know I have heard to pull over in a well lit/safe area, if you feel unsafe. The phone call would be a good idea. Here though, you might get in trouble for using the phone while driving..well, for sure you would..unless a hands free setup.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ahhh dude I totally get it now. You are playing bad cop, like the OP. Nice one. But no, no at admirer... just shaking my head at a pathetic noner who hasnt really added to the discussion much.

What about the training issue?

What about the $300 million in lawsuits payed out?

You are just here to be a jerk. I get it. I am guilty of that as well sometimes.

Dude!! I'm no fan of the police, but Sham is pretty fair, he explains what is going on from the police perspective..this is helpful! I have never seen much, if any bias from him..just facts.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
End unqualified police immunity, that's how this stops.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

yep.

But that requires people to get off their dead, lazy buttocks and actually do the work required to change things...

I remember attending community planning meetings, open to the public, and there were, counting myself, two people. What makes you think anyone is going to participate in this sort of thing...regardless of its importance.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There's most assuredly a middle ground there.

Drive too far, and it's going to escalate a situation, almost assuredly.

Last time I got lit up, I didn't pull over immediately, as Alabama doesn't seem to believe in shoulder along the state highways... So I turned on my right hand turn signal, and slowed down, and found a nice wide driveway to pull into. Both for my safety, and the officers, and the next cars coming down the road--which at 3 or 4 am in Alabama can actually be quite a few...

Those officers were out of line.

Same with me in I was on a road with no shoulder and I needed to drive down about a mile to get to a point where our cars could be off a road that had big trucks and lumber trucks on it. The cop was not happy even after I explained that I was trying to be safe and I even had my right blinker on and slowed down to 30. I was in a smaller sports car so the cop could see very clearly who I was and what I was doing. He still gave me a 700 dollar ticket for not yielding to an emergency vehicle which the judge threw out once I showed him what I did.

Being white I did what everyone should do. Hands on the 10 and 2 and follow all directions to include telling the cop what I need to do and ask permission, such as I'll need to open my glove box to get the papers, and still the cop was on edge.

Now we have this situation... Driving a blacked out SUV and not stopping for a mile and a half in town is a looooong way to go and not stop. This alone will elevate the situation to one where the cops could pull their guns right from the start. They could not see inside and the driver was not being helpful at all in answering any questions such as is there others in the vehicle, and would not follow any commands such as lets see your hands out the window. At one point he put out one as he was ignoring the cops setting up his live feed channel on his phone.

He could have just pulled over and followed their directions and no guns would have been pulled and he would have been on his way. But that isn't what he did, now is it... He also had a gun in the car...

I think being a wet behind the ear snot nose 2nd Lt he had a statement to make and elevated the situation, maybe even wanting it to go down some path he would get a million hits and who knows maybe sue. I think he was a disgrace to the uniform as how he acted, but that is me.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Another day, another pair of roided up, power hungry thugs abusing civilians rights.

That military lingo reminds me of legalese, which has a very specific meaning for the word 'citizen', for example. Citizens do not have human rights, people that legally identify as citizens have consented to not being able to use human rights..

Sounds to me that 'civilian' is the same thing. Therefore, it's an oxymoron to 'abuse civilians' rights' (I think you need an apostrophe in there somewhere). Also, how do you 'abuse rights'? You can abuse PEOPLE (or human beings, animals, entities), you can VIOLATE rights - but how do you ABUSE someone else's rights? You can abuse POWER, but rights?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join