It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs gone mad....again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

I wonder what the training is? My guess is that its an annual power point added to the hundreds of annual training poerpoint to check a box.

Ergo, no real training at all...and probably resentment. Which makes it worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: BrokenCircles

DMV.org is a privately run website with no affiliation to any state, federal, or local government and is no more relevant to the claim than the lawyers who’s blogs were cited as being the grounds for the “right” to pull over where you feel like it.

Neither the Virginia code or Virginia DMV agree with you but keep citing blogs, they’re really convincing.

Yes, what he posted IS more convincing. No one said "pull over wherever you feel like". They said "at the nearest safe location". Quit escalating...

It's also just common sense.

edit on 4/12/2021 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Lol. Did you think he was going to pin him to the electric chair like the Green Mile or do you think by chance he was going to get tased for not getting out as he'd been told to do for 10 minutes?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: baggy7981

I wonder what the training is? My guess is that its an annual power point added to the hundreds of annual training poerpoint to check a box.

Ergo, no real training at all...and probably resentment. Which makes it worse.

If a target was painted on your back for the past decade, how would you feel? Cops across the country have millions of interactions a day, yet you guys think most of them are pieces of crap because you get a bad outcome with a fraction of the story. Your beef with police is no different than the beef alt-lefties have with guns.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If a target was painted on your back for the past decade,

It might be hard for you to do it, but perhaps ponder that..maybe this is how the driver felt..food for thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You calling me Alt-Left!!!! MMMkay, thats just a bit of non-sensical name-calling. And wildly false. (And sounds a bit like a lefty-tactic).

My OP highlighted a specific incident, but also highlighted the afore-mentioned, but not commented on, statement that there was $300 million paid out last year in excessive force lawsuits, which surely means a failure in training.

I mean look at the latest headline, some chick pulls her gun thinking its a tazer???? If thats not BS, then it surely highlights a failure in training and standards...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You are laughing out loud at a cop with a gun, not a taser, drawn ...saying that phrase to a dude in uniform whose only fault was a tag violation? For real?

What about the "you should be" remark when dude says he is scared to get out?

I mean there is defending cops, and then there is this.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

If you want to have a private conversation, then use a private messenger. This is an open discussion forum.

Oh boy, really swinging for the fences now aren’t you? You’re welcome to nip at my heels all you like, my point remains. You inserted yourself into the discussion and then demanded I provide you with evidence because you posted a blog. Cool dude

If you don't want me involved in your special conversation, then don't reply back to me.

Hey man, it’s an open discussion forum. If you don’t want me to reply to you, don’t engage with me.

You don't have to be a dick about it.

If you don’t like the manner in which I reply to you, you don’t have to engage with me. It’s an open discussion forum though, so I guess your choices are engage and get what you get or don’t, and don’t.

Unsurprisingly, we're not the only ones who felt that these cops were in the wrong.

No kidding? Wow.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Pulling over when you get lit up is common sense. Continuing to drive down the road for almost two minutes isn’t common sense, nor is it a “legal right” to do so regardless of how many blogs get posted about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Pulling over when you get lit up is common sense. Continuing to drive down the road for almost two minutes isn’t common sense, nor is it a “legal right” to do so regardless of how many blogs get posted about it.

I've never argued it is a "legal right".

It's just common sense.

Pulling over the very second you get lit up is always common sense? No, it isn't, actually.

Pulling over when it is safe to do so, is common sense.

Especially when it's quite obvious the guy isn't running.

I've never read a blog on the matter, I don't have to. Again, common sense.

Your opinion counts as much as any one else's. Which is to say, not at all.

According to the law, it is different everywhere, thankfully Judge's have common sense.

People are allowed to consider their OWN safety too. In spite of what the government told you.

edit on 4/13/2021 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

There's most assuredly a middle ground there.

Drive too far, and it's going to escalate a situation, almost assuredly.

Last time I got lit up, I didn't pull over immediately, as Alabama doesn't seem to believe in shoulder along the state highways... So I turned on my right hand turn signal, and slowed down, and found a nice wide driveway to pull into. Both for my safety, and the officers, and the next cars coming down the road--which at 3 or 4 am in Alabama can actually be quite a few...

But I wouldn't have gone much further. Fortunately, the officer understood exactly what I'd done, and why I'd done it. Totally professional young man.

I wouldn't drive more than a few hundred yards, personally. Also make sure that you're being obvious about pulling over.

Other than that, I got nothin'

Those officers were out of line.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Any person with a shred of common sense would be able to tell the diff between someone fleeing and someone looking for a place to pull over. Dude pulled into an effing lit forecourt ffs.

This is a training problem, and an OG teaching the new guy bad habits.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ahh, so there is a specific timeline one should pull over? Is that a law you can reference?

Think you been watching TJ too much. We was not a good mentor.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

These cases are close. In the original Floyd arrest, the coppers didn't check the $20 note first, but went straight in, guns drawn. So they had nothing to charge him with at the time except the word of some clerk on MAYBE a fake note. Why didnt they check that out first? Being a drug dealer and high, allegedly, is a non-starter cuz that is not what he was originally being detained for.

If you got pulled over and had a gun pointed at you for reasons only the cops knew, you would be pissed and ask questions too!

These are all training issues IMO. and lack of discipline and an inept system of thwarting bad behavior.

Can confirm, I was livid.

15 years ago I was walking my friend out to her car from my apartment. As I started heading a back, a cruiser came hauling ass in my direction, stopped 50 yards short, pointed the light at me, door swings open and he’s pointing a gun at me ordering me on the ground. I had just moved to Florida from a small town in Maine and had my anus not puckered so tightly, I would have shat myself severely. Turns out a guy wearing the same clothes I was had flashed a kid. Once I found out what was going on (after 45 minutes of questioning and multiple cops) I got PISSED. I demanded to know why a gun was drawn on me for this but was told to take it up with the police department. One cop was actually really cool and I talked to him about guitars the entire time, he just said “Some of these guys are little over the top”.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

If a target was painted on your back for the past decade,

It might be hard for you to do it, but perhaps ponder that..maybe this is how the driver felt..food for thought.

Of course that's how the driver felt. The media has painted a target on the backs of police by overexaggerating certain scenarios, which in turn made black people think all cops were out to get them.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You calling me Alt-Left!!!! MMMkay, thats just a bit of non-sensical name-calling. And wildly false. (And sounds a bit like a lefty-tactic).

My OP highlighted a specific incident, but also highlighted the afore-mentioned, but not commented on, statement that there was $300 million paid out last year in excessive force lawsuits, which surely means a failure in training.

I mean look at the latest headline, some chick pulls her gun thinking its a tazer???? If thats not BS, then it surely highlights a failure in training and standards...

WHAT? No. EW! I'd never call you an alt-lefty! I don't understand your disdain for police, but you're definitely not an alt-lefty, or even a halfway lefty. I was saying the beef with police is like the alt-lefties beef with guns, not that you're an alt-lefty.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You are laughing out loud at a cop with a gun, not a taser, drawn ...saying that phrase to a dude in uniform whose only fault was a tag violation? For real?

What about the "you should be" remark when dude says he is scared to get out?

I mean there is defending cops, and then there is this.

Had he pulled over when the lights came on, he'd have been on his way as soon as the cops saw his tag and told him to make it visible so he didn't get pulled over again. He drove for a mile and a half. That's suspicious, especially without a visible tag. He wouldn't put his hands out for police to see, after he pulled over. That's suspicious. Then he finally set his phone camera on the dash, kinda showed his hands and then acted like he'd just gotten pulled over.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Cops don't expect you to pull over on a bridge or low shoulder where your life or the life of the officer is in danger, but when you have a shoulder or level grass to pull over on, you're expected to pull over.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I've been told the same thing. Got pulled over for my inspection sticker and didn't realize my insurance had lapsed, plus I didn't have my ID on me. The cop told me to go home and get my ID and an inspection sticker and get my insurance up to date because the next guy who pulls me over is likely to be an asshole. It's even more of a reason to comply, in my opinion. Don't piss off the asshole with authority.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Whew! OK then! I don't have disdain for ALL police. Just the ones highlighted in the vid and ones like em. One cannot in good faith paint an entire profession on a couple thugs.

I am just saying that one has to realize that there is a problem that could be fixed here. Buford T. Justice is funny on film, but not in real life.

Kinda like in the military, the thugs need to be weeded out lest it stains the entire service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join