It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs gone mad....again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

These cases are close. In the original Floyd arrest, the coppers didn't check the $20 note first, but went straight in, guns drawn. So they had nothing to charge him with at the time except the word of some clerk on MAYBE a fake note. Why didnt they check that out first? Being a drug dealer and high, allegedly, is a non-starter cuz that is not what he was originally being detained for.

If you got pulled over and had a gun pointed at you for reasons only the cops knew, you would be pissed and ask questions too!

These are all training issues IMO. and lack of discipline and an inept system of thwarting bad behavior.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Good spot TJ. It isnt a law I can find....but it aint illegal neither. I looked on several Virginia lawyer sites and all said this is OK to do. So if it isnt illegal, that means its legal, which means there is a statute somewhere.

But I aint paying a lawyer to ask a question.

edit on 11-4-2021 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Another day, another pair of roided up, power hungry thugs abusing civilians rights. There are hundreds of these vids about and one can understand why one would NOT want to get out of the vehicle. I mean , a traffic violation (no plates, visible) turns into this? Really???

Now they are gonna get sued for $1 million, which will only add to the $300 MILLION that gets paid out annually because of lawsuits against undertrained, overweight, roided up thugs who ignore the law on simple traffic stops.
abcnews.go.com...

I rarely comment on the police threads here because they become very vitriolic but there are two comments here made by these cops that just jump out to me.

One:
Lt Nazario: “I’m honestly afraid to get out of the car,”

Officer Gutierrez: “Yeah, you should be.”

Two: When Officer Gutierrez tells Lt Nazario that he is “fixing to ride the lightning”. That’s a line from the movie The Green Mile, no if’s, but’s or nothing. It just is.

The cops behavior here is really unprofessional and disgusting. They deserve to be fired and Lt Nazario deserve his payday for a clear violation of his rights. I think Lt Nazario is alive today due to those body cameras and because he was recording as well.

edit on 11-4-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes, I am not anti-cop at all. But I am sick of seeing stuff like this go unpunished. And unfortunately, it leads to people painting a broad picture of ALL cops.

Im just saying there need to be federal standards of training and conduct to stop this. I think other cops may be scared to stop this behavior.

a reply to: Bunch

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Yes, I am not anti-cop at all. But I am sick of seeing stuff like this go unpunished. And unfortunately, it leads to people painting a broad picture of ALL cops.

Im just saying there need to be federal standards of training and conduct to stop this. I think other cops may be scared to stop this behavior.

a reply to: Bunch

I believe the same. I believe that their is not one single cop that wakes up telling themselves “hmmm... today is a good day to kill a black/brown dude”. Many of these cases are split second decisions. I have family and friends that are cops and I want them to comeback home every day to their husbands, wives and children. But this particular case is a rare exception to me. The language these officers were using is very suspect IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

So when you said you looked up the law what you meant is that you read some lawyer opinions that supported your own opinion and then pretended you had looked up the law, but now you can’t be arsed to actually find the law. Glad that’s cleared up.

“I was looking for a place to pull over” is not an affirmative defense to eluding law enforcement or disregarding a signal by law enforcement in Virginia. Lawyers can advise whatever they want, that doesn’t make it statutory. Law enforcement typically advises that people pull over when signaled to do so and if the cop wants you to move somewhere else, he’ll let you know.

Generally when one is going to start claiming laws and rights, it’s a good idea to actually know the laws and rights in question. An attorneys advice on a blog doesn’t create a right for anybody.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

“I was looking for a place to pull over” is not an affirmative defense to eluding law enforcement or disregarding a signal by law enforcement in Virginia. Lawyers can advise whatever they want, that doesn’t make it statutory. Law enforcement typically advises that people pull over when signaled to do so and if the cop wants you to move somewhere else, he’ll let you know.

They expect you to pull over in the first available safe location.

1) Pull over in a safe, well-lit area, preferably where you won’t disrupt the flow of traffic. Then turn on your interior light—if it’s a nighttime bust—to keep the cop’s suspicions at bay. If you spend too much time creeping along until you find this perfect pull-over locale, you could agitate the law enforcement officer

www.dmv.org...

This video didn't show him before the vehicle was parked, so....

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I think he’s trying to say cops will beat up , intimidate, and pretty well kill whoever they want . They don’t care who you are .
Usually when bad things happen to Americans contstanly I figure someone must want it that way . The people who own America and control everything want it that way .

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ahh, a pro thug guy. No, what I said was I looked up Virginia laws, couldn't find anything saying it was illegal, and found SEVERAL law sites advising to go to a well lit, or populated area. Ergo, there is precedent for not pulling over immediately. Dude pulled over 1 minute and 40 seconds later after reducing his speed.

He wasnt pulling an OJ here. And if you are such a knowledgeable guy then perhaps you can enlighten us as to what went RIGHT with this stop? Legally that is. Is it OK to up a tag violation to a felony detention with no probable cause?

This is probably why Virginia has tightened its rules against stop and search abuses.

www.wsls.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Aren't most LEO's former G.I.'s? Trained to kick down doors, round everybody up, and interrogate to find the offender(s), or make them as needed?
They are not our friends, the majority. They are trained to kill by the military and wind up at home treating each encounter as combative.
"When all you got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail", some smart guy said.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Absolutely disgusting behavior by the cops.

They are most definitely under trained

Under trained, and under brained.

A lot of cops are ok, and far too many, are about as far from ok as you can get.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I come from a family of cops: 3 Uncles and 5 cousins. I'm the black sheep.

In any event, my cousin Rob whom I respect & admire very much is a NJ State Trooper. According to him, in a lot of these podunk town police forces, the cops are both cocky and insecure...a very dangerous combination.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

DMV.org is a privately run website with no affiliation to any state, federal, or local government and is no more relevant to the claim than the lawyers who’s blogs were cited as being the grounds for the “right” to pull over where you feel like it.

Neither the Virginia code or Virginia DMV agree with you but keep citing blogs, they’re really convincing.

edit on 11-4-2021 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ahh, a pro thug guy.

I can point out your incorrect claim while not being pro-thug. Perhaps in your world it’s easier when you only have two options, but I don’t need the false dilemma fallacy crutch.

No, what I said was I looked up Virginia laws, couldn't find anything saying it was illegal, and found SEVERAL law sites advising to go to a well lit, or populated area.

That’s not what you said at all. Not until I asked you to provide the law you looked up about the “right” you claim drivers have to pull over when and where they feel like it, anyway. Then you went from looking up the law to reading blogs and basing your claim on them. Which I merely pointed out. Put more bluntly, I agreed with you that you didn’t actually find a law like you originally claimed to have looked up, but were just repeating what you’d read on blogs. I’m not sure why you’re trying to argue about it now. We agree that’s exactly what you did.

Ergo, there is precedent for not pulling over immediately.

Cite it then. I mean I can find a city website that advises to pull over immediately in a safe place. Using your logic, there’s obviously precedent that continuing to drive for another minute or two isn’t permitted.

And if you are such a knowledgeable guy

You’re sweet, bless your heart.

perhaps you can enlighten us as to what went RIGHT with this stop? Legally that is. Is it OK to up a tag violation to a felony detention with no probable cause?

Just because I asked you which law you were referring to that gives drivers the right to pull over at a time and place of their choosing doesn’t mean I think the stop was A-Okay. Again we’re back to point #1, I don’t have the false dilemma crutch you seem to. If you really want to learn about felony stops and failure to stops, you can probably do the citizen’s academy at your local agency.

This is probably why Virginia has tightened its rules against stop and search abuses.

No plate displayed isn’t on the list but yea, maybe.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

DMV.org is a privately run website with no affiliation to any state, federal, or local government and is no more relevant to the claim than the lawyers who’s blogs were cited as being the grounds for the “right” to pull over where you feel like it.

Neither the Virginia code or Virginia DMV agree with you but keep citing blogs, they’re really convincing.

I made no claim of any type of government affiliation.

DMV.org is more credible than the source you provided.
oops. I forgot. You didn't actually provide any source.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Can i ask you this. How many years of training does it take to be a cop. A uniform everyday street cop?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   

No, I didn’t provide a source. Because the person I engaged with hasn’t provided a source. Why should I provide one when he or she won’t? Just because you came in trying to save the day with another blog doesn’t obligate me to provide any source for anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

If you want to have a private conversation, then use a private messenger. This is an open discussion forum. If you think I'm wrong, then prove it by showing me, not by simply telling me I'm wrong. If you don't want me involved in your special conversation, then don't reply back to me. You don't have to be a dick about it.

Unsurprisingly, we're not the only ones who felt that these cops were in the wrong.

Caron Nazario: Virginia police officer who pepper-sprayed an Army officer during a traffic stop has been fired

One of the police officers accused of using excessive force in a Virginia traffic stop has been fired following an investigation, the town manager said late Sunday.

"At the conclusion of this investigation, it was determined that Windsor Police Department policy was not followed. This resulted in disciplinary action, and department-wide requirements for additional training were implemented beginning in January and continue up to the present. Since that time, Officer Gutierrez was also terminated from his employment," a statement released by the town Sunday said.

edit on 4/12/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
Lt Nazario: “I’m honestly afraid to get out of the car,”

Officer Gutierrez: “Yeah, you should be.”

Two: When Officer Gutierrez tells Lt Nazario that he is “fixing to ride the lightning”. That’s a line from the movie The Green Mile, no if’s, but’s or nothing. It just is.

Not sure what additional training Windsor PD could provide to tune out this mentality? Sometimes a POS is just a POS.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Probably a lot, but I wouldn't want to paint all of them that way. That isn't fair to the good ones. And officer Blimpy did not look like an ex military dude.

a reply to: ToddB

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join