It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs gone mad....again.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Another day, another pair of roided up, power hungry thugs abusing civilians rights. There are hundreds of these vids about and one can understand why one would NOT want to get out of the vehicle. I mean , a traffic violation (no plates, visible) turns into this? Really???

Now they are gonna get sued for $1 million, which will only add to the $300 MILLION that gets paid out annually because of lawsuits against undertrained, overweight, roided up thugs who ignore the law on simple traffic stops.
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 11-4-2021 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Absolutely disgusting behavior by the cops.

They are most definitely under trained

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I am all about states rights over the Feds, but in this case, there needs to be a uniform standard of behavior for this sort of thing, and for gods sake get rid of Internal Affairs and replace it with an external complaints department at the state level, completely outside the law enforcement influence.

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

When i saw the word " Windsor " before the vid loaded, i thought this was about police action outside Windsor Castle, where members of the public had turned up to leave flowers for The Duke Of Edinburgh.

Happy to see it wasn't. Doesn't make what actually happened in the vid any better though.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

That is disgusting and deplorable behavior by those 2 so called officers.

Well this is gonna be an easy lawsuit for that soldier to win.

The type of behavior displayed by the 2 pigs does not go at all with to serve and protect.

They were there to harass and I intimidate.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Clearly targeted the guy. They could read the provisorial licence plate, they were just searching for an excuse to exert power over others.

He should have pulled over the first chance had, supposedly he was driving a mile down the road after the police lights came on.

But I don't blame him for picking a spot where surveilance cameras are to be expected. Other than this, I don't see any wrongdoing by the SUV driver.
edit on 11.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
LOL, that would have been some bad optics!

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I looked up Viriginia law and drivers are well within their right to slow down, which he did, and find a well lit place to park.
I think most officers would respect this.

Not Tom and Jerry though. And it looked like and OG teaching a NG how its done, so no chance of breaking the thug chain there.

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Reading the transcript, they said if he ratted them out, they would ruin his career. I mean thats some Gestapo stuff right there.

That is, until one of them — identified in the lawsuit as Gutierrez — replies, “What’s going on? You’re fixin’ to ride the lightning, son.”

“This is a colloquial expression for an execution, originating from glib reference to execution by the electric chair,” the lawsuit states.

When Nazario says he’s “honestly afraid” to exit the vehicle, Gutierrez’s body cam records the officer replying, “Yeah, you should be.”

Really? Sounds like a threat to murder someone.

Post arrest there is this gem.....
The incident concludes with Gutierrez saying to Nazario, “If you want to fight and argue … you have that right as a citizen, if that’s what you want, we’ll charge you … If you want to just chill, let this go, and no charges filed, we’ll take the handcuffs off, we’ll get you a bottle of water … and sit here until you feel comfortable driving.”

According to Crocker’s report, Nazario was told he could be charged with improper display of license plates, obstruction of justice with force, misdemeanor elude and assault on a law enforcement officer or avoid charges due to his being active-duty military.

“I did not want to see Nazario’s career be ruined by poor judgement (sic),” Crocker writes. “Nazario chose not be charged.”

Witness Intimidation???

a reply to: Themaskedbeast

edit on 11-4-2021 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Then he did nothing wrong. In my country we need to stop at the next possible, safe spot, if they don't announce a different location over the speakers or display, that's what I had in mind for this situation, too.

What a safe spot really is, is up to individual definition. For me, the emergency lane on the autobahn is NOT a safe spot to park a car, but I have seen police stopping others there while passing.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Movie script :
Lieutenant goes back to base and shows his fellow military buds the video from the news. A Company of armed military go an pull the idiots out of the police station during their morning coffee and briefing. The chief of police and his cohorts are locked into their jail cells....no shots were fired and no animals were hurt during the filming.

The military puts a C.S. canister/grenade in their police vehicle while the two so called police officers are locked inside by their own handcuffs.

They are left inside and if they try to roll the windows down a rifle butt is applied to their hands or foreheads.. This goes on until the C.S. gas is almost dissipated.

When they are finally pulled puking and crying from their vehicle the lieutenant stands over them and says, " Next time you will not get off so easily; so you better be afraid ".

Just a movie with no semblance to reality..
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So most here defended the cop who put his knee on Floyds neck for over nine minutes, and now, all of a sudden, it's sinking in that it's not going to be just the "low lifes" that get this treatment from the cops.

Thank God some of you are finally seeing it. It's too bad so many "drug addicts" and "criminals" had to die. Like the guy who was jaywalking, or the twelve year old who was playing with a plastic cap gun, or the woman who was sleeping in her own bed, or the kid who got shot by an overzealous "neighborhood watch" guy. Or that guy with the "gun", but was just a cell phone. Or the guy who told the officer he had a LEGAL gun in the car and was shot when he reached for his registration. Shot in front of his girlfriend. Or the guy who was shot pleading for his life in a hallway, after someone mistakenly reported he had guns. That video was horrible. And so on and so on.

I just don't understand why all that wasn't enough. Perhaps it was the "type" of people that were being murdered by cops?

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So most here defended the cop who put his knee on Floyds neck for over nine minutes, and now, all of a sudden, it's sinking in that it's not going to be just the "low lifes" that get this treatment from the cops.

Thank God some of you are finally seeing it. It's too bad so many "drug addicts" and "criminals" had to die. Like the guy who was jaywalking, or the twelve year old who was playing with a plastic cap gun, or the woman who was sleeping in her own bed, or the kid who got shot by an overzealous "neighborhood watch" guy. Or that guy with the "gun", but was just a cell phone. Or the guy who told the officer he had a LEGAL gun in the car and was shot when he reached for his registration. Shot in front of his girlfriend. Or the guy who was shot pleading for his life in a hallway, after someone mistakenly reported he had guns. That video was horrible. And so on and so on.

I just don't understand why all that wasn't enough. Perhaps it was the "type" of people that were being murdered by cops?

RAYCIST!!! LOL!

not predictable at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Its really getting rough out there. I 100% support the police but I also believe that they are 100% under trained and in many cases not supported bu the cities that they work for which is a really crappy feeling going to work everyday. It is a slippery slope right now because in some of these cities the amount of police spots vacant are huge and need to be filled and you have no time to train anyone correctly.

I mentioned it in another threads several months ago but why do we require lawyers who defend the law to go to school for several years but the cops on the street maybe have 2 years with some having very little actual on the job training? Who can these cities get to police the streets when police officers are catching up and receiving new training?

I think police need to have a minimum of 4 years schooling with one year on the street training before they are on their own. I also think because of this training requirement they need to get paid more as well. The police in many cities are required to wear many hats and is a very tough job that frankly many don't want but yet take every opportunity to bitch about how it is being conducted. The road to a solution is much tougher than a lot of people think.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Floyds death is manslaughter. Open and shut.

Like I posted on another thread, these peeps see the dregs of society every single day for years and become so immune to it that they see everyone as the same.

And it isn't a race thing....they be some white trash getting thumped as well, it just doesnt fit the MSM narrative of the day. It's a poor thing. Cuz well, we can all be sure most of the crime is happening in poor areas for obvious reasons.

But how to fix it? Only let cop A work the crap beat for a year or so? Who knows....but we need a national standard for police conduct. And guess what...this is a Dem thing, but they aint gonna touch it cuz they need poor peeps to be poor and dumb.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not racist...wealthist.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

WTH are you even talking about?

How in the WORLD can you compare the police interaction with Floyd (known drug dealer, high on fentanyl, passing out counterfeit money, and then resisting arrest) to this incident (Army officer who seems compliant, non-aggressive and shows no signs in the parts of the video we've been shown of hostile or resistant behavior).

Couldn't be more apples and oranges between the two cases, other than skin color of the subject.

For every 5 anecdotes you post for poor police conduct, hundreds of stories can be provided of police showing proper restraint and deescalation in the face of violent people resisting arrest. These are facts. Statistically events like this are rare.

I can't defend the police's actions in this video, it SEEMS like the subject does all the right things?? (compliant, hands up, verbally interacting in a calm manner). If there are no mitigating circumstances, the subject seems to have just cause for a law suit, and these officers, particularly the older chubby one, need to be disciplined and maybe just taken off the force.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Another day, another pair of roided up, power hungry thugs abusing civilians rights.

For the record, the officers I see depicted in the video are not juiced-up IMO. The first one seems like a greenhorn fresh out of school and probably pretty inexperienced. The second older officer is definitely doping, if you consider Big Macs a performance enhancing drug.

Yeah, steroid use is not conducive to putting an officer in the proper state of mind to deescalate and avoid confrontation, but .... these guys aren't users from what I see.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Then ole William Conrad needs to get some anger management training. Dude calls it a felony stop.....for a license plate infraction ffs.

It looks like Fatso is teaching Opie how to be a dirty cop. Fatso needs fired and Opie needs some re-training.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I looked up Viriginia law and drivers are well within their right to slow down, which he did, and find a well lit place to park.

Which law is that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join