It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn woman gets COVID 3 weeks after Johnson & Johnson vaccine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ketsuko
No doubt this is true. I experienced an immune response all weekend. The big question is if the immune response is targeted enough or overbroad and will do collateral damage that was unanticipated.

i'm glad you're feeling better now. my immune response to the second shot was a bit stronger, too. fun times!

My second Moderna shot had me in bed for a day with aches, like I'd been in a car accident.

And to answer those who continually ask why, even after being vaccinated, you should wear a mask, it's to protect those who are still vulnerable. I #ing hate masks but you don't know if you are carrying the virus and who is still suseptible. It's called being a decent, courteous person.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Do you carry a gun to protect people from robbers?

Do you carry a fire extinguisher to protect people from arson attacks?

Just asking.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just asking.

^^^^^^^FALSE EQUIVALENCY ALERT^^^^^^^

A better analogy would be do you make sure you have your gun carried safely or do you avoid throwing a fire extinguisher over the side of tall building.

You know acting like a responsible person who doesn't want to inadvertently harm others.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Obviously you don’t care about the safety of others.

Lolz

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Obviously you don’t care about the safety of others.

Lolz

Obviously you don't care about making inaccurate statements.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB
My second Moderna shot had me in bed for a day with aches, like I'd been in a car accident.

And to answer those who continually ask why, even after being vaccinated, you should wear a mask, it's to protect those who are still vulnerable. I #ing hate masks but you don't know if you are carrying the virus and who is still suseptible. It's called being a decent, courteous person.

it was about like that for me with my 2nd moderna... i actually felt the fatigue and headache set in four hours after it this time, was down with fatigue and aches the next day, and it took like three days for the arm swelling to go down. yay for a robust immune response, i guess?

and i'll still be masking in public enclosed spaces and around people who have not been vaccinated. not enough people are vaccinated yet to damp down community spread, and there's still a small chance of catching it or carrying it when vaccinated. it's a small enough thing to do.

definitely looking forward to visiting with my fully immunized family this weekend, though -- it's been too long

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Just asking.

I have a gun and a fire extinguisher in my truck.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just asking.

Good.

Is it your responsibility to take care of everyone who doesn't have a gun or a fire extinguisher?

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To quote FDR:

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"

They've been terrified into submission under the false belief government is there to save us.

The virtue signalling and shaming of others is just a reflection of their own shame at being so afraid, can't be easy surrendering your rights to freedom and liberty.

If only people could see the wood through all the trees.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

This entire mask and social distancing thing has gotten so out of hand that people are actually losing their minds and are panicking over the thought of not wearing a mask.

The sheepish nature of people now just astounds me.

There is no logic, no science, no rational reason for any of this unless you listen and obey politicians and scientists who want to be politicians.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Preaching to the choir my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Just asking.

Good.

Is it your responsibility to take care of everyone who doesn't have a gun or a fire extinguisher?

Not my responsibility, but glad to help when I can.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Grenade

This entire mask and social distancing thing has gotten so out of hand that people are actually losing their minds and are panicking over the thought of not wearing a mask.

The sheepish nature of people now just astounds me.

There is no logic, no science, no rational reason for any of this unless you listen and obey politicians and scientists who want to be politicians.

I agree with you, but if someone is uncomfortable who I am dealing with because I don't want to wear my mask, I mask up to make sure that my fellow man is feeling good.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If someone is uncomfortable with me not wearing a mask then they can go away.

I am forced to wear a mask to enter stores so I can buy food and booze.
I am forced to wear a mask at work because that is policy, though my office is a "No mask" zone and I get frequent visitors.

I resent being forced to wear a mask but since I like food and money I am being forced to comply with authoritarian edicts made by nazi-ass-waffles.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I resent being forced to wear a mask but since I like food and money I am being forced to comply with authoritarian edicts made by nazi-ass-waffles.

Hope you don't mind DB, I had to borrow that for a bit.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Klassified

The thing I don't get is...

On one hand you've got covid risks,

Which for the young and even not so young, and healthy, you're more than likely gonna be fine.

On the other hand you've got....the mystery box.

Will it help? Will it hurt? Will it do absolutely nothing effectively because you're a youngish relatively healthy person and covid wasn't a big deal anyway? Is there long term effects that are worse than covid? For those that do suffer negative side effects, would those people have suffered from covid not if they hadn't got the vaccine?

Taking the vaccine is taking the mystery box, which, if you're in serious danger from covid, might be better than not taking the mystery box. Otherwise, why in the hell would you take the mystery box?

Man, so much this.

In my opinion, for me to take a vaccine, it should be 3 things -

1) Safe
2) Effective
3) Necessary

Is it safe? Who knows. Maybe? Maybe not?

Is it effective. Doesn't sound like it. Not as effective as any other vaccines ever made which, you know, actually stop you getting the disease you have been vaccinated against.

Is it necessary? This ones the kicker for me. I'm a young bloke. Even if 1 & 2 were 100%, we knew it was 100% safe and effective, I still wouldn't want it because it's completely unnecessary for me to have it. If it was that good, I'd rather it go to someone who actually needed it.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

It was never any secret that the vaccines don't prevent you catching covid, just from getting seriously ill and dying.

The vaccine programme is designed to relive pressure on ICU units and to lower the death toll.

It's worrying how many people don't realise this. This post is a classic example!

Do we just blame it on vaccine propaganda or is it just down to sheer ignorance and a failure to read information properly?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

It was never any secret that the vaccines don't prevent you catching covid, just from getting seriously ill and dying.

The vaccine programme is designed to relive pressure on ICU units and to lower the death toll.

It's worrying how many people don't realise this. This post is a classic example!

Do we just blame it on vaccine propaganda or is it just down to sheer ignorance and a failure to read information properly?

Admittedly, the OP did not get the point across as well as I had hoped. I was and am aware of how the vaccines are marketed, though there was some ambiguity surrounding them, as well as misinformation. All intentional in my opinion.
My post to Ketsuko was a further elaboration on the point of the OP. Link.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Sheepish nature indeed! Herd stupidity, if you will.

Yesterday I had lunch with a woman friend I've known for decades, in Florida. She wore a mask (she has to wear a mask at work, and I know she hates it, going on a year now in Florida).

When she sat down I gave her hell over wearing the disgusting thing, and she said she was wearing to so as to not insult other people.

I informed her she was acting like a sheep, and drinking the Fauci Koolaid, repeating propaganda talking points like a brainwashed fool.

She told me she knew I was right, and did not wear the mask to leave the restaurant.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join