It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn woman gets COVID 3 weeks after Johnson & Johnson vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: fiverx313

What are the long term effects going to be??

Does anyone know?? Nope. Because there was no testing done, and whatever testing may have been done, is still too recent.

So, my answer is, and will remain so, no jab, stab, or shot.

and i 100% support your choice. but someone's got to go first, and after the reading i've done on the research, testing, and mechanisms of the vaccine, i feel comfortable to be in the inaugural class. i don't begrudge anyone who wants to wait and watch until they feel comfortable with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: Klassified

you keep hearing one-off stories like this but if you compare the rate of people who are vaccinated and still get infected, it's really low compared to the total rate of vaccinations... and none of the vaccines are claimed to 100% you getting covid, even the best is only 95% (and the flu vaccine is usually only 50% or less)... so i'm not sure what's so puzzling here?

Yes! The rate of injury compared to those not injured by the vaccines is really low, right? Good point!

And 99+% of people who get covid-19 will not even be harmed by it either! They will get right over it.

So glad you pointed out the logic!

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Millions of people have been vaccinated. Statistically some of them will get covid.

Statistically, at least one person will commit a mass shooting within a year of getting the vaccine, but that doesn't mean that the vaccine makes you a mass murderer.

I’m glad you mentioned statistics! 99.98% of people (CDC numbers) who get covid-19 will get over it. So, maybe most people don’t even need these “vaccines” at all.

For that to be true the US poulaton would have to be at least 2.5 billion

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Yes! The rate of injury compared to those not injured by the vaccines is really low, right? Good point!

And 99+% of people who get covid-19 will not even be harmed by it either! They will get right over it.

So glad you pointed out the logic!

i see what you're saying, but... i still think the vaccine is a better choice for me and probably for most people. there's a few reasons i feel that way.

one, is that i caught covid once already and while it didn't kill me, it did leave me with 5+ months of chronic fatigue and a degree of permanent hearing loss in one ear. i don't want to repeat that. and some people have chronic effects that have yet to go away. we understand very little so far of the different ways this virus can mess people up.

two, is that i have friends and family who are more vulnerable to severe covid, and i don't want to be a vector to carry it to them or to anyone else in my community who is vulnerable, or to anyone in my community who decides not to get vaccinated. i'm protecting people by doing this.

three, is that i'm looking forward to getting back to normal... and the more of us who get vaccinated, the more normal that normal can be, for more people.

as for percentages... the number of verified vaccine injuries is vanishingly low, especially compared to the number of people who have died from covid or been left with chronic conditions. so... you can play with numbers but i think it's pretty clear how they fall out, here.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

you keep hearing one-off stories like this but if you compare the rate of people who are vaccinated and still get infected, it's really low compared to the total rate of vaccinations... and none of the vaccines are claimed to 100% you getting covid, even the best is only 95% (and the flu vaccine is usually only 50% or less)... so i'm not sure what's so puzzling here?

You are 100% wrong. The experts and "science" never claimed the experimental drugs being presented as "vaccines" prevent you from becoming infected with COVID. In fact, they outright say that these drugs will only lesson the likelihood you will die or be hospitalized, that's it. You drank the cool aid.
edit on 11-4-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
You are 100% wrong. The experts and "science" never claimed the experimental drugs being presented as "vaccines" prevent you from becoming infected with COVID. In fact, they outright say that these drugs will lesson the likelihood you will die or be hospitalized, that's it. You drank the cool aid.

the numbers are based on the testing that's been done, and the testing has shown, so far, that the vaccines do give you a much better chance of not catching covid at all. them's just facts, jack.

not that i'm mad about if i get it it'll be less severe, that's a big plus of the flu vaccine too.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You are 100% wrong. The experts and "science" never claimed the experimental drugs being presented as "vaccines" prevent you from becoming infected with COVID. In fact, they outright say that these drugs will lesson the likelihood you will die or be hospitalized, that's it. You drank the cool aid.

the numbers are based on the testing that's been done, and the testing has shown, so far, that the vaccines do give you a much better chance of not catching covid at all. them's just facts, jack.

not that i'm mad about if i get it it'll be less severe, that's a big plus of the flu vaccine too.

You are wrong, the claim is simply that the symptoms will be less severe. You are still drinking the cool aid. The experimental drugs DO NOT PREVENT COVID INFECTION.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You are wrong, the claim is simply that the symptoms will be less severe. You are still drinking the cool aid. The experimental drugs DO NOT PREVENT COVID INFECTION.

well, that's contrary to all the science i've read about it so... agree to disagree, i guess.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Would you be so kind and post a link so I can read it please?

edit on 11-4-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

i don't really have one specific overall link about it, just a cumulative summation of everything i've been reading about how the vaccines work and the testing on them, but maybe this will be a starting place for you to look for what you want.

COVID-19 vaccines prevent 90 percent of all infections, CDC study says

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Alas, we do not get to pick and choose which version of the vaccine we get these days, so I was given Pfizer.

Actually I think you can...

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The experimental drugs DO NOT PREVENT COVID INFECTION.

That is a strong statement to make... They all are not experimental, some are closer old fashion methods like cowpox to trigger T cells to be made and not messenger RNA.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

well, that's contrary to all the science i've read about it so... agree to disagree, i guess.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...
"More important is whether the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death. At this time, all three vaccines are highly efficacious at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19."

Remember, these shots are NOT vaccines. When they are talking in general about vaccines, they are not talking about these experimental drugs. These shots are not vaccines.

www.cdc.gov...
"COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick." Notice they say "getting sick", they do not say "protect you from becoming infected". By "getting sick" they are simply saying you are likely not to get symptoms if you get infected. They are fooling you, cool aid drinkers don't actually want to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The experimental drugs DO NOT PREVENT COVID INFECTION.

That is a strong statement to make... They all are not experimental, some are closer old fashion methods like cowpox to trigger T cells to be made and not messenger RNA.

www.google.com... i=e0VzYOPiBOXJ7gLQ_4SgDQ&oq=are+the+covid+vaccines+experimental%3F&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgjELADECc6CQgAELADEAgQHjoICAAQsAMQhgM6BAgjECc6BQgAEJECOggI ABCxAxCDAToOCC4QsQMQgwEQxwEQowI6BQgAELEDOggILhDHARCjAjoECAAQQzoHCAAQhwIQFDoCCAA6BQguELEDOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoKCAAQsQMQgwEQQzoCCC46BwgAELEDEEM6BQgAEMkDOg 0IABCHAhCxAxCDARAUULEZWN5jYPBlaAFwAHgAgAGgAYgBiSSSAQQwLjM3mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBBcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwijjMW37vbvAhXlpFsKHdA_AdQQ4dUDCAw& uact=5

www.fda.gov...

www.fda.gov...
"An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures, including vaccines, during public health emergencies, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives."

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ketsuko

Alas, we do not get to pick and choose which version of the vaccine we get these days, so I was given Pfizer.

Actually I think you can...

I wasn't given the choice. They send what they send to the site giving the shots. You don't
get to sit in the chair and then be presented with a choice of all three. You have to know in advance what shot the site will have. If you do that, then you can pick and choose among sites, yes.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"More important is whether the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death. At this time, all three vaccines are highly efficacious at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19."

Remember, these shots are NOT vaccines. When they are talking in general about vaccines, they are not talking about these experimental drugs. These shots are not vaccines.

www.cdc.gov...
"COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick." Notice they say "getting sick", they do not say "protect you from becoming infected". By "getting sick" they are simply saying you are likely not to get symptoms if you get infected. They are fooling you, cool aid drinkers don't actually want to know the truth.

First line in your link.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized use of vaccines for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19

John Hopkins thinks they are Vaccines.

COVID-19 Vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick.

CDC thinks they are vaccines.

edit on 11-4-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

you are rather selectively quoting from that hopkins link, for instance the sentence you left out immediately before your quote section:

"How will a vaccine prevent COVID-19?

The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 has spikes of protein on each viral particle. These spikes help the viruses attach to cells and cause disease. Some of the coronavirus vaccines in development are designed to help the body “recognize” these spike proteins and fight the coronavirus that has them.

An effective vaccine will protect someone who receives it by lowering the chance of getting COVID-19 if the person encounters the coronavirus."

...not to mention the hopkins links calls them vaccines throughout...

as for the CDC... "COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19."

CDC

i think you are playing semantic games, trying to read other meanings into words. what is the difference between getting sick and getting infected, if you do not show symptoms and do not pass that infection to anyone else, really?

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

www.cdc.gov...

First line in your link.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized use of vaccines for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19

John Hopkins thinks they are Vaccines.

Vaccinesare effective at protecting you from getting sick.

CDC thinks they are vaccines.

Approved under "emergency use", which means they approved "unapproved medical products" under EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION. They are not FDA approved medicines. Do you like grape or cherry cool aid?

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

you are rather selectively quoting from that hopkins link, for instance the sentence you left out immediately before your quote section:

"How will a vaccine prevent COVID-19?

The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 has spikes of protein on each viral particle. These spikes help the viruses attach to cells and cause disease. Some of the coronavirus vaccines in development are designed to help the body “recognize” these spike proteins and fight the coronavirus that has them.

An effective vaccine will protect someone who receives it by lowering the chance of getting COVID-19 if the person encounters the coronavirus."

...not to mention the hopkins links calls them vaccines throughout...

as for the CDC... "COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19."

CDC

i think you are playing semantic games, trying to read other meanings into words. what is the difference between getting sick and getting infected, if you do not show symptoms and do not pass that infection to anyone else, really?

"An effective vaccine", they are speaking in general terms, these are not vaccines. Even without the vaccine, many (some say most) people who are infected are asymptomatic, which means they do not have symptoms but are infected with COVID. This same thing applies even if you are vaccinated.
edit on 11-4-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join