It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you like to fidget with?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I have a couple of worry stones along with many other gemstones. I don't fidget, but I do love the feel and look of these stones and they make me happy. There is much beauty from our Earth.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Stones
I carry aventurin stone in my right pocket, I go through one in about a year and a half. My aunty gave me one for insomnia as a teen. They become transparent and brittle. Second one I keep under my pillow. Often if I had a bad night, I would notice in the morning that the stone fell down from the bed. It could be because of lot's of turning though.

Then I got a black schungit on a leather cord from an old lady, she gave it for protection against electromagnetic radiation. Not sure how it's supposed to work but I wear it in exchange with a rose-quart disk. Since I don't like silver or gold chains around my neck, I go with those. If there are benefits, I take them with me, if not, I still have pretty "jewelry"

Aventurin
Schungit
Rose quart

Fidgeting
Anybody knows these foldable measuring sticks?

If you have one with 10 parts like in the picture:

1) Divide in the middle and fold to 90°.
2) The top section, you divide it again in the middle and fold to 180°.
3) From that section, you pick the last single part and fold 90° away to the front.

Looks like a crossbow with one end sticking out to the front. Now take that last single part at the tip and pull it back towards you. Clamp down with your finger. You can use the scale to change the trajectory of whatever you fire.

You can make "surprise ambushes" with little paper balls if you fold a wire into an edgy 8. Then put it half way into the handle, so it acts like a retention lever for the thing to fire.

My sis would invade my room and steal things, this is how I knew she was in the room. Don't put heavy objects on it, the thing has more power you think. Metal clamps go through or into glas bottles on short distances.

edit on 11.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typos

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Imagine the following: they declared fidgeting (?) a symptom of ADHD.

That's an obvious coping mechanism. More like a reaction to a pressure of the environment.
What's that disease called where every display of weakness gets punished? I have world...

It's a coping mechanism you use to feel a little elevation.
I derailed that for you. You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I agree, tinkering with PCs and other devices really makes you focus.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Stones and gems are wonderful because they are so tactile and beautiful to look at!

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That's very interesting, I've never heard of aventurin stones... I'll have a look at your links, thanks.

I think if there's any truth to the healing or protective powers of stones/gems, it can't hurt to have them. As you said, even if they don't do anything, at least they are nice to look at.

I have a folding measuring stick like in your picture. I always have a terrible time folding it back up, but your suggestion for making a crossbow style weapon sounds like fun... I must try it out!

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I always have a terrible time folding it back up

Just fold the thing in half and then repeat until it's closed
Each turn you double the amount of sections you fold.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Cheers. From the little I know about ADHD, I would think anything that can help focus attention would be a good thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Thanks, I usually get it in the end, but I'll keep this technique in mind. It's probably because I don't use it that often. I prefer a normal springy measuring tape.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: markovian

I love fidgeting with knives. I've been practicing with balisongs for over thirty years; even ambidextrously with two knives in sync. However, no matter how good I get, it's a slow death by a thousand cuts!

Try it with a doubble edged extra large blade ... there actualy hard to find infact even a sharpened normal one is hard to find thease days

I'm going with lost finger lawsuits

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I'd love a proper double-edged butterfly knife. The closest thing I have is a Spyderco Spyderfly, which is very rare because it was pulled from production and recalled from owners, apparently over a lawsuit; not for lost fingers, but production or components shipped illegally or something to that effect.

Theoretically, I could sharpen the other side and make it double-edged, but it would destroy its value. I'm holding on to it... never used and with its original box, hoping to sell it for a small fortune.

I don't mind parting with it because it is a bitch to flip, the handle shape is just too awkward.

edit on 11-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join