It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anything in you life evoked the thought of a paranormal explanation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Has anything ever happened to you that evoked an idea of something Paranormal?

Harry Caray was the Radio and TV Announcer and sang the 7th inning stretch (Take me out to the Ball Game) for the Chicago Cubs. It felt like he was always there for the Cubs as long as I remember. Harry set an example as one of the Cubs biggest fans - it wasn't just a job. Harry died in 1998 - 18 years before the Cubs won the World Series.

October 2016
Listening to the Final Game of the World Series on the radio
Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians
The 9th inning ends and the score is tied
And it starts raining

And I thought:

"It's the end of the 9th in the final game of the World Series and the Cubs HAVEN'T LOST?

That's not rain. Those are Harry Caray's tears."

_____

I had a Cat for about 14 years named Gizmo. She was definitely my Cat. She hated just about everyone else. She was my Good Girl and a very pretty Tabby. Unfortunately Gizmo died about 13 years ago.

If something falls in the house and there's no apparent explanation, I say that it's

" Great Gizmo's Ghost!"

_____

So what are your happenings that evoked a sense of Paranormal?
edit on 9-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

1/2 of all things are para-normal. Some of us, are sensitive to those things. Understand that some do not speak of it as it is a gift (some say, curse)...from God.

When normal ...well, isnt...its either-or: Normal...or Above normal...*

*Real secret is there is no "normal". Whose to decide?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
when i was a kid my brother and i were playing in the sandbox. we had a jungle gym with gymnast rings in it. For some reason i looked up at one of the rings and without anything hitting or touching it, it swung around the support beam and wrapped all the way up. My brother and i freaked out and ran.

Later in life I was living in a different house. My brother and i came home from a party when we were about 16 and 17. It was about 1 am. My parents were sleeping. for some reason there was piano music playing in the house. I walked around trying to find out where it was coming from. walked around the entire house, opened my parents door, couldn't figure out where the piano music was coming from. As soon as I opened the door to my room the piano music stopped. a couple days later i found out the person who lived there before was my friends high school football coach and his grandma lived in my room and played the piano there all the time.

Also been astral projecting for 18 years now and that pretty much takes the cake. I can become a ghost. it's super fun.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

One if the weirder things i've personally experienced. Had a coyote skull i found in the woods as a kid, kept it up on top of a book shelf on the top shelf behind some things, one day it decided to jump over the things and land perfectly upright between me and my girlfriend when we were sutting on the couch. I took it into the forest somewhere and buried it after that.

Also, multiple friends, my girlfriend and my sister all said they seen some strange figure in the bathroom at the same house, and there was some shadowy figure that used to sit on the living room chair at night that would stare from shadowy blankness when you'd get up to piss at night...that was fairly creepy i suppose...i dunno

Then there's the tulameen valley, my dad and aunt seen a haunted ghost car there like 50 years ago then a few tears ago a guy i worked with told me a story about a ghost car he seen camoing in the tulameen valley.

Or, the weird ghosts in the forest me and a bunch of other people have seen on Mt. Elphinstone near the graveyard where they buried the Chinese people who died building a railroad in the early 20th century or something.
edit on 10/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

When i was about 5, it was time to go to bed. Mum turned the kitchen light off and was leading me to my bedroom.

While we were walking, i saw my dad walk through the living room, into the kitchen, and through the fridge.

My dad was driving his truck 200km away.

His twin brother had just died not long before in a car accident.

The image of him walking through the room is burned into my mind 37 years later.

The creepiest bit is as he was walking past me, he turned to face me and winked.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   

" Great Gizmo's Ghost!"

Superlative iteration

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
In 2003, my then-girlfriend and I were in Chicago, Illinois to attend a Simply Red concert at the House Of Blues. We had a hotel within walking distance of the venue, so the afternoon before the show, we were walking around Chicago just to see the sights. We passed this one building and both remarked how all of a sudden it was chilly. We didn't know what to make of the experience. Three or four years later, after we had broken up but remained friends, there was an hour-long block of two shows on about 2 o'clock in the morning, one was a new version of The Twilight Zone and the second half hour was some paranormal show. I usually just watched The Twilight Zone and then turned off the tv. But for some reason that night, I watched the second show. One of the segments was about that same building my girlfriend and I had passed in Chicago back in 2003. It turns out there had been a ferry accident and it had incurred hundreds of deaths. The bodies had been temporarily placed inside the building that had given us chills. I still don't know what to make of it. When the show went off, my phone rang and it was my ex-girlfriend and she asked me, "Did you just see that!?" I said, "Yes!" We had both seen the show at the same time. I can't explain any of it, but there is something existing outside the normal.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Shortly after my uncle and foster dad died, I was messing around with his computer as I was encouraged to. I open a few word documents and start reading. There's a hyperlink on the bottom page and I click it.

A black box opens up, several other windows open up, little dots and triangles start to appear on a white background, merge and pop out, collapse, I was fascinated. I even posted some of them here and asked for help but no one had an idea. I don't blame anyone, my english was much worse.

I look at the black box and see it lists my sis name, my uncles name and my name. I type my name and get asked for a password. I try some until a childhood nickname of mine fitted. Some more things happen on the screen, all computers in the house start to turn on, I hear several login sounds "dim-dum". Creepy.

Something is "ready" in the black box and it asks me to hit enter. I do it and then theres a loud bang and almost all lights in the house go out. I was chatting with someone during this on my phone and I nearly freaked out. The light in the room worked still so I did not know yet that the rest of the house was without electricity. I opened the computer because it was smelling badly and burned myself on the cooling girdles. Then I see rest of the house is dark. Together with penfriend, we checked out the fuse box because I had no idea, penfriend neither because this is Europe and he's on a different continent, different stuff.

I reset the fuse with a latex glove from the kitchen but only two thirds of the lights would work. At this moment I see a shimmering blue light coming out of the barn aprox. 20m across the lawn, through the windows. And it moved, it wasn't static, little dot shadows would move around.

At that point I the scare set in. I ran upstairs to look for my daughter, she was sleeping but I locked the door just to be sure she won't wander around or if it's an invasion, she's relative secure. Then I went to my gunsafe to get my FS92 and flashlight.

This is where I today see, it was stupid. I should have sat into my daughters room and aim at the door. Anyways I was determined to check out the barn. On the way out my phone falls down and breaks on the stairs in the middle of the night. Screen broken. I thought it's a home invasion or someone was after the Skylines in the barn. I was really stupid that night. I went into the barn with flashlight off and then it dawned on me.

It was a creepy look though. With the computers in the house turning on, this thing turned on, too. It was two cabins with computer stuff inside, one I know today is called mainframe because it's not like a normal computer and the other cabin was a computer too but with lot's of what I know today are graphic cards for gaming.

Yes I know it's not supernatural but at that moment I wasn't sure if it's that or a home invasion. The next day an electrician had to come and fix two big, arm length sized fuse in the transformer housing. The computer was toast though.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I passed High School.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
back in 1953, living in Michigan, the foster-mother and myself aged 4-5 yo
went mushroom hunting to bring 'Gifts' to an elderly family relative who lived in a Lithhuanian community in a metro Ohio city

see: Amanita muscaria - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the fly agaric or fly amanita, is a basidiomycete of the genus Amanita. It is also a muscimol mushroom. Native throughout the temperate and boreal regions of the Northern Hemisphere, Amanita muscaria has been unintentionally introduced to many countries in the Southern Hemisphere, generally as a symbiont with pine and birch plantations, and is now a tru…
Taxonomy and namingDescriptionDistribution and habitatToxicityFly trapIn religionCulinary use
The name of the mushroom in many European languages is thought to derive from its use as an insecticide when sprinkled in milk. This practice has been recorded from Germanic- and Slavic-speaking parts of Europe, as well as the Vosges region and pockets elsewhere in France, and Romania. Albertus Magnus was the first to record it in his work De vegetabilibus some time before 1256, …
Wikipedia · Text under CC-BY-SA license

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as it turned out, it was this youngster who found the target mushrooms, to present to the old relative, who lived all alone in the big city

i was cautioned repeatedly to not eat or touch the mushrooms to my mouth....the red & white, Christmas Mushrooms

i understood, much later in life that I had a resonant spirit which was favorable to me finding trippy 'shrooms for an old man from a foreign land (lithuania).... my heritage was involved with local, lithuanian dark-arts / witchcraft and sorcery, my DNA, genome was ferried to the USA to protect that bloodline from being terminated from existence

i cannot recall the thoughts of that long ago event, but pride in finding the basket full of 'shrooms was not the greatest thought of that 5 yo mind --- i can assure you of that.... being aware of having a unique Gift, being in-tune with nature, having an affinity with psychic realms was in my very distanced natural disposition, yes even at a very young age
edit on th30161805493610422021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Half year ago I Was devestated to have my dog put down. Been seeing the number 11.11 ever since

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Whenever anything happened in our house that had no explanation my dad would blame "The Poltergeist".
It might have been just that he'd misplaced his keys or one of us four kids had moved, lost or broken something but didn't want to admit it.
I took him literally and just assumed that everyone had a poltergeist and that it was completely normal.
We weren't scared of it or anything and sometimes, when bored, we would go all over the house looking for the poltergeist.
It was never given a name but always referred to as "The Poltergeist" .

Sometimes when I was really young I would go to sleep leaving the lights on then wake up in pitch black darkness. I would ask if it was the poltergeist that had pulled the switch but my dad said no. That was Lytsov the Russian spy!

I've always had a fascination for supernatural stories and paranormal mysteries but, alas, my life has been pretty normal and very much explainable....... So far.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My 9 yr old niece constantly talks to people who have passed on. It is creepy. She has full conversations.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My mother around 20 years ago had this white cat that passed unexpectedly. Literally just dropped dead. 2 days after that I stopped by there to have dinner and had a strange experience. I looked over and actually saw that cat walking around in her living room for a few seconds.

Something else strange about the experience was I had cataract surgery several years previously. Only on the right eye. And while the cat had appeared to me the artificial lens in my right eye was buzzing. Very strange.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Have you been to Excalibur?
Same chilly feeling....

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have had these thigs happen to me all my life.

When I was I will guess around five years old. My family was heading back to the house from somewhere. I warned my father to not hit the dog in the road. He fussed at me about there not being a dog in the road. Down the road and a few turns later there was a dog in the road that he missed thanks to that warning.

After my wife moved in with me I started to notice the shadow of a cat on the cat trees and such. Some times I will feel a cat rub on my leg when there is no cat near me. I guess it's one that passed shortly before she moved in.

Also last year I had to put down my dog. I had come in the door on a sunny afternoon. I was wearing sunglasses as I walked into the dimly lit house. I had seen a shadow of a dog run to the door to greet me. I have seen and heard him around many times after this.

There are more. These are just a couple of examples. It's not just animals I have seen. When it's people they're out of the side of my eye. When I look at them they disappear.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Back in 1994, when I used to like a flutter at the bookies, I had a vivid dream on a Friday night of sitting in a totally black room at a table with my Grandpa (he'd died 15 years earlier) he and I were both Manchester City fans (the only 2 in the family, all the others were Man United fans)

Manchester City were due to play Tottenham Hotspurs on the Saturday, in the dream my Grandpa was holding two cards up with the numbers 5 and 2 and laughing, back in 1994 City were a joke of a club and Spurs were massive favorites to win, he told me to put a bet on and not tell anyone (not sure why)

On the Saturday I was in the bookies putting a couple of bets on the horses, as I was leaving I recalled the dream and asked the tote girl what odds she would give me in City beating Spurs 5-2, she gave me 100/1 the most in house bookies would give on a football game at the time, I put the princely sum of £1 on it!

You can google the result but needless to say it came in.

After the event I told my family about it and my brother contacted the SUN newspaper telling them the full story (without my knowledge) and they sent a reporter to my house which resulted in a small article in the daily national paper, apparently I was the only person in the UK to have placed that particular bet.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We had a "shadow person", living in our house (so to speak) for a handful of months one summer. I'd see it out of the corner of my eye, pacing around the next room. It happened more and more often, and less and less noticed from the corner of my eye. One night, it rushed at me from the hallway as I was turning on the kitchen light. It happened so quickly that I couldn't really do anything. Just continued the motion of my hand reaching toward the switch and flipping it on. When the light came on, it was gone.

From then on, we would continue to see it moving around out of the corners of our eyes. The most interesting thing that happened, towards the end of its presence in the house, it played hide and seek with us. It wasn't a very large group. It was just my brother, my friend, and I. Playing hide and seek in the dark. My friend T hid behind the boathouse in some trees, and my brother was over there seeking. I turned my head, so I didn't see them anymore. But I heard someone run into the shed next to the tree fort I was hiding in. Looking across the yard, my brother was still occupied, so I assumed T had ran into the shed to hide. So, I went into the shed when the coast was clear. Nobody was in there. Whatever, maybe I heard one of the dogs or something. Peeking out of the shed, I see my brother and T, opposite end of the yard (1/2 acre). My brother had found T, and I watched them both walk back to the house and go inside.

Taking the opportunity to hide somewhere else, I ran out of the shed towards the back part of the yard. To my left was our above ground pool, to my right was a huge pile of wood for the stove. I ran behind the pool. No sooner had I ducked down and turned, facing the wood pile, T ran up. Except, instead of coming behind the pool, he went behind the woodpile. Also, I noticed he had taken off his black hoodie, and put his red ballcap back on. I poked my head around the pool to see where my brother was, but I couldn't see him anywhere. So I ran behind the woodpile.

Behind the woodpile, was nothing. No T. No anybody. My mind went to "shadow person", since we had in a sense, become acclimated to it being there. I don't know if it was actually trying to play hide and seek with us, or what. But my point is, that we had grown accustomed to its presence. Me especially, being the night owl of the family. Anyway... Nothing behind the woodpile, so I decided I was done. Came out from behind the woodpile and walking towards the house. Guess what I see...?

My brother, and my friend T, both coming out of the house. T still dressed in the black hoodie, with no red ballcap. There is no way that I could have seen T running around, if he was in the house the whole time. Not enough time for him to go from inside the house, to outside the house, to inside again. We stopped playing hide and seek that night. More, just because hide and seek in the dark is just boring with only three people (Four I suppose if you count the shadow person). After this night, it wasn't long before the "shadow person" vanished forever.

It sounds ridiculous, I realize all that. This next part, maybe even moreso. At the time, I was less skeptical and more open minded about things like the paranormal. So, I was trying to communicate with whatever it was. Nothing exciting, I mean I had no idea if it was possible. I started writing notes and leaving them in the room it was always chilling in. Of course, nothing was ever communicated back to me, in any form. There is one last interesting thing..

The last time I ever saw it, the last time any of us ever saw it, or felt it. I had just written a note, and placed it in the room it always chilled in. I put it on the fireplace, and turned to leave the room. Suddenly though, in "my minds eye" I saw a bright flash of white light, and a big white "orb" or "blotch" (think the fuzzy circular shapes you see after rubbing your eyes too hard), which quickly vanished. And that was it. Nobody ever saw it or felt it again. Whatever "it" was. I don't know.

I have no explanations - only the experiences. My mother, and my brother had also seen it. My friend T, I'm pretty sure also witnessed it. However, I can't say I took his word without a grain of salt. He was one of those friends that you couldn't be certain if they were just saying stuff to be part of the group or not.. But whatever, not important to me, since I know what I experienced. Again, I don't assume any explanations. In my head, in the rest of our heads? Maybe. Something more than can be explained? Maybe. All I know is that it was a very interesting summer.

My mom felt it was a guardian angle or the like. I don't know about that. It seemed pretty neutral to me. Its presence made my mom feel comfortable though, so whatever the explanation, it helped her. This was the first summer after my parents had a messy divorce. Not much more to say on that. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I really have no idea. Like I said, all I can say for sure was, I, we, had these experiences.

Somewhere in my post history is a slightly more detailed telling, but I don't have time to find it right now.

Dunno. Cheers!

edit on 4-10-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Covid-19

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I want to add another post to this thread. An anecdote from a good friend.

So my buddy and his entire family are huge Stephen King fans. This will add to the amusement later. One day when I was visiting, they told me their cat, Achilles, hadn't been seen on the property for almost a week. Achilles was an older cat, so the assumption was, he went off to find a peaceful place to pass. Sadly though, they found a cat up the road, dead in the ditch. It was Achilles. This cat had been with them for a long time. There was a nice little funeral and memorial set up for dear Achilles. However...

About three days after they buried Achilles, Achilles was seen wandering around the property again. Alive.

It was confirmed that the cat, was indeed their Achilles.

Turns out, they just happened to find a near identical cat, (that had sadly been hit by a car) and mourned its loss, thinking it was Achilles. BUT- being the huge Stephen King fans that they are, their first thought was, Pet Cemetery!!!

RIP to the unknown cat - and glad Achilles is back.

(Though this was years ago and Achilles was already old so.. Prob RIP Achilles)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join