It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mRNA Vaccines Permanently Alter DNA? Recent Science Suggests They Might.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

No, they can't, Doug Corrigan (despite having an awesome 1st name) is pushing pseudoscience.

If that link isn't enough then you could try this link or even this one.

Sorry but the only place that the vaccine is going to change your DNA is in your most dark, twisted fantasies.

Who falls for this nonsense?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I Am Legend was a pretty cool movie.

I like this thread!

The book was better, it was Vampires not those bruised zombie looking things.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

And Corrigan isn't the only one.

But Corrigan is wrong, it changes nothing in your DNA.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

don't feed the troll

I know - you're absolutely right. But my favorite movie, The Ten Commandments, was just on last week and it's hard to work in lines from that movie into normal conversations. I couldn't pass this chance up.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Seems like every article that is sounding the alarm on this is citing the paper linked by ThatDamnDuckAgain:
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

They start off by saying that PCR tests are coming back positive after someone has recovered from CV-19. They then offer a theory that this is because the RNA from the virus has been encoded into the DNA.

It is just a theory to try and explain the positive PCR tests.

Lets start off by looking at what a PCR test is, and yes it is wiki:

Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a method widely used to rapidly make millions to billions of copies of a specific DNA sample, allowing scientists to take a very small sample of DNA and amplify it to a large enough amount to study in detail.

Seems simple enough, take a small sample, amplify and test and some come back positive for the covid rna.

What the authors of that paper, and many others by the looks of it, seem to have overlooked is that the adaptive immune system - Wiki has memory cells which work to remember past infections, it pretty much has to store some of the virus' genetic code to identify it in the future.

This mechanism allows a small number of genetic segments to generate a vast number of different antigen receptors, which are then uniquely expressed on each individual lymphocyte. Since the gene rearrangement leads to an irreversible change in the DNA of each cell, all progeny (offspring) of that cell inherit genes that encode the same receptor specificity, including the memory B cells and memory T cells that are the keys to long-lived specific immunity.

There is nothing surprising about PCR tests coming back positive for an infection that someone has already had. These cells store this genetic info, but they are specific cells and this mechanism isn't shared, as far as I know, by other cells in the body.

Now let me slide this shinny hat on for a moment: these positive tests are the ones used to drive not only this altering our dna angle but also the theory that people can become re-infected.

The former is very ct/anti-vax friendly, they want to jab everyone to turn us into illuminati zombies when they switch on the 5g.

The latter is NWO friendly, even if you had it you can get it again. We must remain shut down.

But, really, in both narratives they are excluding the bit about these cells that actually store bits of genetic code naturally and them causing positive pcr tests is a given.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Finally, a rational take on it. Thank you!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
The findings of the Harvard and MIT researchers are bs, "debunked" by you, djz3ro, from ATS, in a single sentence.

Inside our genomic DNA, over time course of time and evolution, so called endogenous retroviruses have been hardwired into it. Let's ignore the obvious AHA! moment for a second that should have popped up in your head if you knew anything about the topic.

These ERVs, carry instructions for reverse transcriptase. This mechanism does several things, it handles the telomeres at the end of chromosomes (how old you can get depends on this) but it also takes single stranded RNA and converts it into double stranded DNA. An enzyme called DNA integrase is then able to integrate the DNA into the nucleus of the cell.

We just don't know all covergence factors as of now. Nobody can tell yet what conditions have to be met, but also no one can guarantee, except you it seems, that these conditions are never met.

Deny ignorance, right?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
seems like the harvard doctors are just figuring out what us "conspiracy theorists" have been saying the whole time.

When will people wake up? Next life perhaps.

Wait till they find out about the shape changing space lizards living in the hollow earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Put simply, Doug Corrigan is a quack with a record for pushing pseudo-science. He's a new age anti-vaxxer who can't be trusted on this topic.

Go on, Google his book. I'm not going to tell you the title, I'm going to let that bit be a surprise.

Even the article that the OP has linked to openly admits that his conclusions fly in the face of all known science.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

You're correct in the sense that he has some sketchy stuff flying. His wife developing hormon cures for strawberry weeks...hm.

But reverse transcription isn't pseudo-science. It's well know that retro viruses can do this. The mechanisms are there for RNA to DNA encoding, inside the cells. It just takes the right conditions that RNA already in the cell will be encoded and the mechanism for integrating it into the nucleus is also there.

MIT and Harvard won't rule it out, but you can apparently? Educate us.

You can't ad hominem facts, sorry.

Add: And I know that SARS-CoV-2 isn't retrovirus if that would have been your argument, you don't understand the processes involved.
edit on 10.4.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   

That doesn't explain the neg pos neg tests in short order that I had in May and June.

According to your theory that left out the cycle number and if it stayed constant throughout or not... I and many other would be positiv forever.

Or it's a false-positive, or both negatives are false-negatives.

So either the tests are unreliable or you are not correct in your asumption that it's so simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
That would depend on what cells made it into the sample.

If the SARS-CoV-2 RNA was encoded into your DNA, shouldn't all those tests have come back positive every time?

Maybe the tests are unreliable, which actually works against the theory proposed in the paper this is all based upon as well.
edit on 10-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
DNA is dynamic, it goes through constant change, during your lifetime. You can alter your DNA by working out www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   

That would depend on what cells made it into the sample.

Then the tests are worthless, just a thumb measuring device, as the developer of the PCR itself has voiced often enough.

If the SARS-CoV-2 RNA was encoded into your DNA, shouldn't all those tests come back positive every time?

I don't have all the studies open anymore but nowhere did I read that it would happen all the time with every cell. I only want to point out the former and that the transcriptase as well as DNA integrase mechanisms are there, possible, even though the SARS-CoV-2 virus itself doesn't have the capability like retro virus has, to directly transcript RNA into DNA.

Neither you, me or someone at MIT or Harvard can rule it out. And my concern is less the virus itself but the vaccination mRNA that could be DNA integrated after reverse transcriptase by said mechanisms. With a lot of bad luck, but we can not exclude it, if it's integrated into the DNA and the cell divides, there are going to be an ever increasing number of cells with those spikes for training the immune system.

Question to yourself because I don't have an answer either.

Our body is completely renewed about every 24 month. What do you think would happen if say after 120 months, those cells slowly become the majority? And these are the long term effects I constantly bicker about.

Because neither you, me or anybody else can safely guestimate the future on that. It's experimental gene therapy, the mRNA ones. I guess we will only know in a few years and of course I hope all my suspicions turn out to be false.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Then the tests are worthless, just a thumb measuring device, as the developer of the PCR itself has voiced often enough.

Something to take into account.

Neither you, me or someone at MIT or Harvard can rule it out.

But, that paper is just a loose theory as to why the positive tests might be showing up.

And my concern is less the virus itself but the vaccination mRNA that could be DNA integrated after reverse transcriptase by said mechanisms.

The paper cited is about the virus, not any of the vaccines.

With a lot of bad luck, but we can not exclude it, if it's integrated into the DNA and the cell divides, there are going to be an ever increasing number of cells with those spikes for training the immune system.

But, that is exactly how the immune system works, it just happens to be in certain types of cells.

Question to yourself because I don't have an answer either.

Our body is completely renewed about every 24 month. What do you think would happen if say after 120 months, those cells slowly become the majority? And these are the long term effects I constantly bicker about.

Because neither you, me or anybody else can safely guestimate the future on that. It's experimental gene therapy, the mRNA ones. I guess we will only know in a few years and of course I hope all my suspicions turn out to be false.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that we are both, along with the majority on ATS, probably even some so called experts, out of our league but, outside the possibility of some autoimmune disorders, this storing/integrating of genetic info in these specialized cells is what has been happening always. More than likely even in other beings with a similar immune systems.

edit on 10-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

But, that is exactly how the immune system works, it just happens to be in certain types of cells.

Yes I got that confused, thank you for pointing it out. I was of the opinion the cell type wouldn't matter to the virus or vaccination.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that we are both, along with the majority on ATS, probably even some so called experts, out of our league but, outside the possibility of some autoimmune disorders, this storing/integrating of genetic info in these specialized cells is what has been happening always. More than likely even in other beings with a similar immune systems.

I agree, we're far far out of our league here. However isn't the difference that with the vaccination you supply your own cells with the spikes that normally would be found by antibodies on the virus itself?

The thing is neither the pharma industry nor you or any other person can nor will guarantee me that there aren't longterm effects down the road. Quiet the contrary, they won't even accept responsibility if people suffer.

It is not because it's a vaccination, my concerns are about the literally experimental new vaccine that we are told there are no long term effects even though we can't know this.

Consider you are a kid in these times, you have no idea about the technical stuff, you sure want your parents to make an informed decision and not just nodding in agreement to the things the media tells them. Especially with a new fairly untested "vaccination" that they have been telling us from the beginning it's going to be safe even though no on want's to write it on paper and sign it.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricAnt

Don’t confuse altering gene expression with altering DNA. The sequence shouldn’t change but there are structural changes that open up or close DNA (euchromatin/heterochromatin), plus several other modifications with histone cores and external structures that can attract or block transcription factors and activators.

As far as it (the vaccine or virus) changing our DNA, maybe it could happen in antigen presenting cells or adaptive immune cells undergoing clonal expansion. I don’t know the impact but it shouldn’t cause long term expression of viral antigen or even prions. This is highly regulated, if something aberrant incorporated with a significantly negative change, DNA repair will arrest the cell, tell it to repair the damaged or abnormal gene, then destroy itself if it cannot. Retroviruses are so notorious for this because they incorporate in non sensitive regions, differently in each cell, and it helps them reproduce. Not sure about a coronavirus though.

As far as transposable elements incorporating which happens in our cells every day, those genes are usually silenced in a very condensed form of chromatin that does not allow activators and transcription factors to access that DNA and transcribe it into pre-mRNA. Other factors such as splicing and alternative splicing events, can further regulate that aspect as it is altered to an mRNA transcript for ribosomes.

Once that is finished ribosomes will translate into protein through further regulatory actions like labeling. The cytoplasm has regulatory factors that confirm functional or non functional, even dangerous protein if it is destined for use there. Then the endoplasmic reticulum performs another QC check and that abnormal protein will usually be held in the ER and degraded, at least until the cell is overwhelmed with the unfolded protein response in cases of severe inflammation, oxidative stress, or other conditions. Even then, if it is released, it has to be properly labeled to a specific site for release or use in the cell. Tons of regulatory mechanisms to get through to get that abnormal DNA to an expressed and active protein.

Is all of what their saying impossible, no, it’s just extremely unlikely but still interesting to see the potential.

ETA: Did they mention how the mRNA from the vaccine is getting into the nucleus? A major obstacle is somehow getting the cell to label the transcript or something to transport through the nuclear membrane and then get the thing to somehow incorporate. Which it currently cannot do unless it’s being altered in the cell somehow.
edit on 10-4-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

The PCR tests are unreliable and have been almost from the start. All they are designed to do is amplify fragments of viral RNA. They cannot tell you if there is an active disease process ongoing. That's why you have stories of mangos testing positive.

Take a sample and run it through enough cycles and you can find fragments of viral RNA almost anywhere, but it takes more than simply a fragment of a virus to make you actually ill. And even if you have been ill/exposed, your body can shed fragments of RNA for months after any active process as a natural thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

See my comment on how that member did leave out the wacky PCR cycle treshhold between 35 and 45.
We talk about an amplification of around 2^35 - 2^45 (!). Some studies indicate that a cycle treshhold greater than 30 means there isn't any significant viral load that would matter to the host.

According to your theory that left out the cycle number and if it stayed constant throughout or not... I and many other would be positiv forever.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Transcription is when mRNA is made from the DNA code. Reverse-transcription is when a new DNA sequence is integrated into the genome from an mRNA strand. What they are saying in the article is that the mRNA vaccine, which is an mRNA strand that codes for the covid spike protein, is being integrated into our genome.

The plan was for this not to happen. It was supposed to just be an mRNA strand vaccine that triggered the production of the spike proteins and then the therefore the covid antibodies

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Vaccines: listen to the rednecks who didn't finish 5th grade.

Is it ironic that this statement is textbook bigotry?
edit on 10-4-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join