It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director Declares Racism A 'Serious Public Health Threat'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sickle Cell Disease affects black people almost exclusively. Is that racist now too?

Better question: how stupid do you have to be to believe a disease is racist?

Best question: What kind of test do you have to fail to become director of the CDC?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: ketsuko

Would you link to the site where that is posted? I am beyond shocked. I didn't think that level of hypocrisy would be here for at least another year or so.

It was on the Smithsonian site earlier this year when their African American Museum put up the website to foster a conversation about race in American post George Floyd. The outcry it caused prompted them to remove it. So it is no longer there, but the mere fact that they thought it was appropriate shows you how deeply Critical Race Theory (where this all starts) has gone into some of our most respected institutions.

Museum apologizes for chart.

A Smithsonian museum apologized for a chart listing hard work and rational thought as traits of white culture.

The National Museum of African American History and Culture said in a statement Friday that it was wrong to include the graphic in an online portal about race and racism in America.

“It is important for us as a country to talk about race. We thank those who shared concerns about our ‘Talking About Race” online portal. We need these types of frank and respectful interchanges as we as a country grapple with how we talk about race and its impact on our lives,” the statement said. “We erred in including the chart. We have removed it, and we apologize.”

You'll note that they did not apologize for what was in the chart, only for including it.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow. Much respect and thanks for posting that. I never doubted you. Imagine a group who thought that positive traits of human ambition and dedicated study equated to a racial/cultural demographic.

I have had the blessing of knowing amazingly brilliant people throughout most of my life. I think I have been attracted to them like iron filings to a magnet. They have been of all genders and skin color. Most of them were quiet, and very kind, and often somewhat inward. Some of them were just the opposite -- explosive and brash and demonstrative. I am friends still with about half of them and we talk about stuff that interests .... nerds.

I think it is going to take a breakdown of tribalism to heal many of the countries suffering from racial discord. I think those governments don't want it to heal. I think we will all have to take the helm and heal ourselves, and it will take a lot of talking and fighting and disagreement and all the friction that takes place between siblings. It will take Will to beat the governmental narrative that claims we haven't the skill to get along, therefore they must rule us for our own good.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Sickle Cell Disease affects black people almost exclusively. Is that racist now too?

The disease isn’t, but your attempt to justify racial discrimination by connecting it with human genetic variation is utterly racist.

Even better question: how stupid do you have to be to believe that’s what the CDC director is saying?

Best question: What kind of test do you have to fail to become director of the CDC?

The test of whether you will bow to the hatred of drooling, genetically defective white supremacist guttersnipes.

edit on 11/4/21 by Astyanax because: 'morons' doesn't even begin to describe it.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The disease isn’t, but your attempt to justify racial discrimination by connecting it with human genetic variation is utterly racist.

Even better question: how stupid do you have to be to believe that’s what the CDC director is saying?

The test of whether you will bow to the hatred of drooling, genetically defective white supremacist guttersnipes.

Who are the White supremacists that are demanding we bow to them? Be specific
edit on 11-4-2021 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I am not attempting to justify anything. I am simply commenting on the stupidity of blaming racism every time something happens to a minority. The race card has been so overplayed the boy who cried wolf could be shredded by a pack of wolves in the middle of town square and no one would believe it.

Again, just pointing out the stupidity of it all. Maybe its not racism. Maybe its the massive block parties in the black neighborhoods that spread the disease in their community. I am sure you heard about the parties because of all the shootings that happened. But I bet those bullets are racist too...

No. The real test is how many brain dead sheep can be dragged in, hook line and sinker on dry land, to regurgitate the same lame vapid rhetoric about white supremacism and while displaying their own blatant racism and feigned superiority and completely missing the irony of it all.
edit on 11-4-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can anyone name me one person or group of people or law that makes racism a public health threat?
Can anyone name me one disease or illness that makes racism a public health threat?

Wow, where to start...

You mean all the neighborhoods I have had to be afraid to drive through, even though there's no reason to be afraid driving through my neighborhood? Oh wait, that's not ME being Racist. That's because of people be Racist AGAINST me.

What else?

Black LIES Matter. World Wide Rioting, Looting, Arson, and Murder masquerading as Peaceful Protest. Well, no, that's more Racist AGAINST me, too.

Racism has been a Public Health Threat since I was a kid. This is nothing new. Just better organized,
edit on 11-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Welcome back from your April Foolishness retreat. I assumed you ingested either too many jellybeans, peeps or hostess twinkee's over Easter and ended up worshiping the porcelain bowl god.

NO ONE talks about our Native American Indians and Covid-19

Strange that Covid-19 is all about one group. It also seems to thrive in unsanitary living conditions or simply a lack of clean running water.

COVID Deadlier for Native Americans Than Other Groups

Feb. 5, 2021 -- A new analysis of mortality statistics shows the coronavirus pandemic is far deadlier for Native Americans than other groups in the United States. One in every 475 Native Americans has died from COVID-19, according to the data APM Research Lab’s Color of Coronavirus project shared with The Guardian newspaper. In comparison, one in every 825 white Americans, one in every 645 Black Americans, one in every 665 Pacific Islander Americans, one in every 835 Latino Americans, and one in every 1,320 Asian Americans has died. Native Americans have had 211 deaths per 100,000 people, the study shows.

edit on 11-4-2021 by Waterglass because: add

There's much much more:

For Native Americans, COVID-19 is ‘the worst of both worlds at the same time’

Plus this:

Native and Indigenous people disproportionately affected by COVID-19
edit on 11-4-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
At least the Biden Administration is making decisions that prove its not racist.

$152 million sent to help black people suffering in Ethiopia this week.

www.usaid.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

No worries.

Honestly, I don't think any of us would have believed it if we hadn't seen it ourselves.

This sort of thing was what we would have thought of as bad, really bad parody not so many years ago. It should be blatantly obvious how very racist it is, but so very many people don't think so, and that's a dangerous place to be.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All this racism stuff is about destroying the middle class. In America it happens to be mostly white, so it's the best tool. They need the top and bottom. The middle is unpredictable and not as dependent. Did anyone here read Marx, Engels, or Nietzsche even, Please do. This plan has been laid out in detail for over 200 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Inequality is the serious public health threat.
Racism is just one of its many causes.
Minorities are just some of its many victims.

When folk decide to take a podium and decry racism as the great evil, they unwittingly do the 0.1% - the super wealthy that hoard everything in the world - a great service. It keeps the masses occupied with a polemic against one another. As long as they fight one another over symptoms they are not fighting against the cause - the 0.1%

Only when those masses can see through this fog of self deception - see that it is directed by the smoke and mirrors machine of politics and media - will they see behind the curtain. The real polemic is and always has been the inequality of wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join