It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director Declares Racism A 'Serious Public Health Threat'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They've got to keep the "R" word front and center any way they can. Apparently it still triggers the sheep.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fonts are now racist according to CNN.

CNN is basically arguing that if you use a font that is culturally linked (letters styled in a way that evokes the culture; in this piece they were talking about the "Chop Suey" fonts specifically, but those are by no means the only cultural ones), then it is racist.

So there are you are, fonts many use as an aspect of branding are now to be thought of as racist.

And before you argue that most Chinese restaurants have nothing to do with actual Chinese cuisine, consider the number of them run by Asians, and they still use those fonts to help brand their restaurants. How is that racist? The same goes for kung-fu movies where you might see the fonts used on the posters. Generally a large number of Asians in the production.

Imagine the coming future where we're all reduced to Comic Sans for the sake of equity. Equally awful.
edit on 10-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Our nation has gone full retard.

Never do that mate.

Actually it's probably not your 'nation' as the CDC operates more like a private foundation.

Some people have questioned my concern over both the CDC and John Hopkins University is a PRIVATE organization where the CDC accepts private funding – NOT ONLY GOVERNMENT! The CDC is quasi-government under the Department of Health and Human Services which strangely has sources of funding that are predicated on the fact that it also has a private 501(c)(3) public charity, like the Clinton Foundation.

link

Perhaps it's actually the CDC who are the 'Serious Public Health Threat'.

edit on 10-4-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It will be justification for exhorbitant taxes aimed at the white middle class.

And it will be justification for preferential hiring and promotion practices.

Where my daughter works, they were more or less forced to hire a "diverse" person who doesnt speak a bit of English. They are constantly having to go behind the person to correct the errors and miy poor daughter has seen her workload double.

NOthing ever gets better in the US.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's affirmative action all over again.

My mom lost a job to a woman of color back when it first started. They had to hire her to fill the quota even though she could not type at all - a requirement of the job.

We're coming back to where the only qualifications that matter are your skin color and diversity checks.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Really is only a matter of time before baseballs,cue balls get banned, and that house sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue gets an extreme makeover.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, so very true and the sadest part is that there's no brakes on this train.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

They've got to keep the "R" word front and center any way they can. Apparently it still triggers the sheep.

I wonder if this is part of the problem. The "they" perception. I know (I think) what you mean when you say it. There are entities out there that desperately need to divide us. I don't think that division necessarily falls on skin tone lines. What I mean by that is that people of all color are bothered by this #. Almost ALL of us say, # that noise! I don't hate anybody based upon their color or variations of brown. Who is driving this narrative and why?

Follow the money, and follow the power. There are those -- at least in the U.S. -- that stand to greatly benefit in power by spreading the divide between whites and everyone else. Those same entities have pointed out the bias against the Asians, thus grouping them with 'People of Color'. Whites, other than the hitler youth supremist assholes don't want to suppress anyone. This divide is a false dichotomy. We should be wise and observe who is pushing the divide and shun them.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

But you have to pay attention to it.

Right now, Asians are being lumped in with POC because it fuels the White hate message, but when we're talking about things people do to be successful, Asians get lumped in with Whites, as whites, using white supremacist tactics.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

See, I don't see that. I think that the narrative that there is hate against Asians seeks to lump them with people of color, thus creating a great divide between caucasians and everybody else.

BTW, where is Caucasia? I've been hunting for it in history and on google maps. It appears to be an illusive country or territory.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well if for a virus is to mask up like this:

Then for an issue like race, I bet they want us to mask up like this:

I'm not sure anymore if they want Sharia Law or if they just don't want to see anybody's face. Isn't there a mental issue where seeing other peoples faces is traumatic or something? One has to wonder, one has to wonder.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

See, I don't see that. I think that the narrative that there is hate against Asians seeks to lump them with people of color, thus creating a great divide between caucasians and everybody else.

BTW, where is Caucasia? I've been hunting for it in history and on google maps. It appears to be an illusive country or territory.

Caucasia appears to border Reparationistan.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You see it mostly in the realm of education when we're talking access to schools through testing and the top scores are taken, for example. A lot of times, those schools will be full of mainly kids of Asian descent, east and west, and the popular comment for explanation is that they have adopted white supremacist cultural ways in order to get ahead. So they take away admissions by merit in favor of a quota system because even though the student body is mostly kids of color, it's too Asian and not enough black and Hispanic, so it's still racist even when not even white kids are the majority.

edit on 10-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

lol Cheers.

Honestly, you could replace the word "racism" with a thousand different nouns and it would still make more sense than this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Caucasia appears to border Reparationistan.

Ah. I don't really think that the majority of people of color believe in the mythical country of Reparationistan. I think that most of them accept that much of this is a bunch of bull# that doesn't have much to do with their lives, other than they are expected to play a role. I wouldn't wish an expectation of a role upon anyone.

Live your life. Talk with people. Be available to disagree without rancor. Live your life.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

How many masks must I wear to combat racism?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I haven't lived in the U.S. for 26 years. When I did live there -- the S.F. Bay Area -- the Asian kids worked hard because that was the drive of their culture. Their parents worked hard and sacrificed everything if that was necessary, and their kids did also. If the kids were needed in a restaurant, they would do whatever was asked of them. They were -- for the most part -- excellent students. They did whatever was needed to further the cause of their families.

We could all take up those same ideals and not be sorry for it.

Asians, IMO don't care about identifying with white or people of color. They want to embrace their ambition and further their families. It's just that simple. I am painting with a big brush, but I think the brush is mostly accurate.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

How many masks must I wear to combat racism?

Just one, it comes with a white hood.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes, what you say is true, but those traits you mention? They have been branded as markers of white supremacist culture now, so that even people who are not white who exhibit those traits may now be called "white supremacists", and this is what is happening with Asians.

In other words, it's an excuse to inculcate traits that are not traits geared for success into people.

This was an actual graphic put on its website by the Smithsonian describing so-called markers of white supremacist culture around the George Floyd incident. You'll note that a lot of these traits of white supremacist culture are just general traits of successful people, not of any one racial background. Why are we labeling traits that make you successful as white supremacy now?

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Would you link to the site where that is posted? I am beyond shocked. I didn't think that level of hypocrisy would be here for at least another year or so.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join