It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Director Declares Racism A 'Serious Public Health Threat'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Racism is a scourge in American society. It's also a serious public health threat, according to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In a statement released Thursday, Dr. Rochelle Walensky pointed to the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on communities of color, as seen in case numbers, deaths and social consequence.

"Yet, the disparities seen over the past year were not a result of COVID-19," Walensky said. "Instead, the pandemic illuminated inequities that have existed for generations and revealed for all of America a known, but often unaddressed, epidemic impacting public health: racism."

www.npr.org...

To be honest, I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

This may be the most idiotic thing I have ever read.

Can anyone name me one person or group of people or law that makes racism a public health threat?

Can anyone name me one disease or illness that makes racism a public health threat?

I honestly feel like removing half my brain in an attept to understand the outstanding stupidity in this.

Our nation has gone full retard.

We are the "Sharknado" of nations.

I welcome the Queen to please take us back.

BoJo isn't even this f###ing stupid.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bad tongues say they are already working on a vaccination against that.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The Left is already working on a Vax for racism... 'Operation Ludicrous Full Retard'

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How is an opinion or an attitude held by a tiny minority, a public health threat?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The Left is already working on a Vax for racism... 'Operation Ludicrous Full Retard'

That must of taken the place of operation, "I Crapped My Pants".

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just think.

Stupid dumb#s like this are placed in power by Presidents !!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🚬

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is ultimately going to be a free speech issue.

If people are prohibited by government from saying nasty racist things because of a threat to public health, then that is an infringement on the 1st Amendment.

link   
Hey, maybe sometimes one could run with that:

"Sorry boss, I can't come in to work this week, I've got a bad case of racism".

Post some pro-Trump stuff on your Facebook in case the bosses check you're really ill, then sit back and enjoy the reggae tunes.

link   

Well, up here apparently covid's causing a shecession.

I guess we have the sexist covid variant up here. You guys seem to have the racist covid variant.

I think more research is needed on the different kinds of bigotry displayed by covid variants around the world. Let's get some government grants together. A few million dollars should cover what we'll need for this crucial research.
edit on 9/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I'll need a bigger grant, apparently I still have too many brain cells to understand this.

My scotch bill alone will be HUGE!

link   
Think outside the box on this one for a sec.

BLM to many, poses a serious public health threat when they intimidate, riot, loot and pillage communities. Maybe, just maybe (ok, not really) this is the gist of this ludicrous declaration

edit on 9-4-2021 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

link   
NPR. Why am I not surprised they had this story?

To paraphrase Pres. Truman. ..."The U.S. Marine Corps has a propaganda ministry second only to the Soviet Politburo (NPR)".

NPR is Sesame Street, "educational" for adults. That are willing to watch.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

By decree of China emperor Joe Baiden-san you all will now identify as black homosexuals or transgendered if confused. Problem solved I Joey just cured racism.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

4D Chess?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I suppose. We'll need another stimulus bill. $20 billion? That'll give you $10 million for the research, then the rest can go to build a new office development in China, some abortion clinics in Morocco, a few coca plantations in Columbia and a gift for the Saudi Royal family.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'll be short...
NPR
LoL

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I honestly feel like removing half my brain in an attept to understand the outstanding stupidity in this.

You may have to before it’s all over! Frontal lobotomy, bottle in front of me.😁

link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I used NPR as a source so the leftista's couldn't make tiny wee on that aspect of the story.

+2 more 
link   
You might find this interesting DB. This article does a good job of expounding on this very topic.

Starting at an early age, Americans are barraged with statistics and anecdotes, about everything from income to health status, that are always broken down by race to highlight disparities that victimize minorities and define their destiny as one determined by racist circumstance over personal responsibility. This ideology of abject victimhood taught in classrooms, newsrooms, and boardrooms after being bred for an entire generation on left-wing university campuses has now produced a nation dangerously constrained by a toxic obsession with race.

If last year’s radical acceleration of antiracism in the culture war has taught us nothing else, it’s that the colorblind approach was likely the right one. The opposite has shown to be an aggressive form of racism featuring the bigotry of low expectations cloaked in the moral righteousness of social justice.

A Nation Primed To See Racism In Everything Will Think Only About Race

They know exactly what they are doing, and have known for a long time.

ETA: It's well worth reading the whole article.

edit on 4/9/2021 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It'll be the justification for more violence and restriction of freedoms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join