It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortages: Bicycles and Boats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wolf.

Well, I WAS interested, until I looked at the prices. Holy #, talk about sticker shock.

I'll get another Oster nuker, $200 or thereabouts I can justify kissing away on a very low-use appliance. No way at $800, ouch.

Well, you certainly wouldn’t be interested in the Tesla cooktop then...
www.ajmadison.com... XEAQYBiABEgI92vD_BwE

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well, I WAS interested, until I looked at the prices. Holy #, talk about sticker shock.

As a former chef an Easy Bake oven won't cut it for me, been there, done that.

About all ours is used for is nuking leftovers. Even coffee doesn't get reheated that way (reheated on the stove) Considering that, yeah, China can have my money, I just can't justify higher prices on stuff we don't use enough to make it worth it.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot to add. I don't think the whole Suez Canal fiasco helped speed things along. Many manufactured items rely on parts coming from many different countries. All it takes is for a specific part to be missing and there's your stock unfinished and unsellable.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Wolf.

I'll get another Oster nuker, $200 or thereabouts I can justify kissing away on a very low-use appliance. No way at $800, ouch.

Well, you certainly wouldn’t be interested in the Tesla cooktop then...
www.ajmadison.com... XEAQYBiABEgI92vD_BwE

Yeah, probably not, lol. That costs more than most "sanely priced" fridges < chuckles >

It really makes you wonder what the actual manufacturing costs are before profit mark-ups, huh? (edit: I mean in general at any other time, not the Rona-based price spikes)
edit on 4/9/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah, you're talking about a microwave. I was talking about the range/stove.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I was eyeballing the Wolf Wok burner. Looks really cool, but think I will get something like that for the outdoor kitchen.

Don’t cringe, but for indoors we have an electric cooktop..... I know, I know the horror.
Unfortunately right now I don’t have the time/energy for a full kitchen remodel, so I was looking for the best
Electric cooktop to plop in place of what is there. Now you probably understand the UGLY Viking comment. I will convert everything to gas but dealing with so many other issues right now, it’s just not on the top of my list.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yep, my bad, I should have be very clear about that. I like (and prefer) a good appliance as much as anyone else, but I have my limits. Microwaves are a wiggle room one, it never needs to be fancy or expensive for us, just...very basic and el cheapo

I've noticed few of them in stores, definitely, but I chalked it up to the tax refunds & Daddy Joe money being spent all at once the past few months as it rolls in. If microwave supply is short for supply chain reasons also, I guess I'll just have to settle for waiting it out for now.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You're killing me.

Get a Wolf induction cooker then, it's actually better than gas in some respects.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You're killing me.

Get a Wolf induction cooker then, it's actually better than gas in some respects.

I’m almost there, I need to make a decision this week.
I do like the sleekness of the induction units.
.......but then I won’t be able to use some of my favorite pots/pans...
Uggggg.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Add camper trailers to that list, not yet a shortage as such but the lots are thinning out, especially the smaller ones under 26' or so.
My wife does private and commercial insurance, this is what people are buying in droves... including our family!

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Add camper trailers to that list, not yet a shortage as such but the lots are thinning out, especially the smaller ones under 26' or so.
My wife does private and commercial insurance, this is what people are buying in droves... including our family!

Perhaps the increased sales are not for recreation, but as insurance in case one loses their home. I know I toyed with the idea of living in a camper, especially as being evicted is a real possibility for my wife and I. The problem is I can't even afford the unavailable bikes, let alone a camper... not even a little red wagon.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Agreed! The small ones are for an extended/temp bug out I believe, it was just one factor in our purchase.

Kingsport 26' was about 17k, i used my holiday pay, savings and Covid check to get it. Thanks Buyden

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I’m almost there, I need to make a decision this week.
I do like the sleekness of the induction units.
.......but then I won’t be able to use some of my favorite pots/pans...
Uggggg.

What do you have that won't work?

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Korean Stone Bowl
It's an earthenware vessel. We cook a lot of soups in it.

It's not necessarily a deal breaker, but it's still kinda a pain if I can't use everything I normally use on it.
(oddly enough, it works great on electric cooktops, but it's meant for fire, won't work with induction)

edit on 9-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Dur, nvm.

edit on 9-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero

I don’t know about boats or bicycles, but appliances are an absolute nightmare right now.
I need a new cooktop and I might be resorting to EBay or FB marketplace soon....

Just wait for the 5G rollout to be completed and the inevitable smart appliances to follow will explode on the market. Might even be required. The tech will be awesome, at the cost of any remaining privacy.

I haven't noticed a bicycle shortage in IL yet, just a big lack of people using them. I still can't get use to seeing bike riders in masks. I'm super jealous of their high level virtue. Just ban oxygen already, it could potentially be dangerous.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As I posted elsewhere, my new furniture, that I ordered 2 weeks ago, is due in, in SEPTEMBER.

So fun, when you save and save, to get something decent, and can't have it for 6 months. And they told us, it is only going to get worse for a while, and more expensive, due to wood prices.

Hubby dang well better get the floor done by then!

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

I don’t know about boats or bicycles, but appliances are an absolute nightmare right now.
I need a new cooktop and I might be resorting to EBay or FB marketplace soon....

Just wait for the 5G rollout to be completed and the inevitable smart appliances to follow will explode on the market. Might even be required. The tech will be awesome, at the cost of any remaining privacy.

My new stove has WiFi. You can control the stove, kind of, from a smart phone. Same with my garage door openers. I can open or close them from five states away. I'm so thrilled to be able to control my stove in Seattle from Colorado. Can't wait to use this useful feature.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

My new stove has WiFi. You can control the stove, kind of, from a smart phone. Same with my garage door openers. I can open or close them from five states away. I'm so thrilled to be able to control my stove in Seattle from Colorado. Can't wait to use this useful feature.

Some of this will be more useful to hackers than to us.

Sorry to drift off topic OP.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I haven't really looked at this, but I haven't seen anybody complaining about shortages of any thing in Portugal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join