It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP DMX

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We lost another great. Truly a music super star with a unique voice and rhyme flow. Unlike many musicians, DMX's troubles with drugs and addiction was widely known and it finally caught up with him. Dead at 50.
So ironic one of his best songs is Slippin (I'm falling and I can't get up) where he raps about his rough life and demons and shows himself ODing ambulance.

We are going to miss you dog.

For those of you that don't follow hip hop, DMX was one of the top musicians of any genre in the late 90s. He had two platinum albums in one year. Did several movies with Jet Li.

He had a very unique gruff voice and an instantly recognizable rhyme style. He was also known for being extremely emotional musically. Few artist pour their heart out like he did in songs. He frequently rapped about his relationship with God and fighting the demons and temptations and struggling to stay on a good path. His struggles with addiction / frequent arrests were always in the public eye.
edit on 9-4-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
At least he was a much better person than Ol' Dookie Face Princey Phillip of the inbred clans.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yea I was wondering if he was gonna make it or not. They said he had no brain activity.

RIP!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

Yea I was wondering if he was gonna make it or not. They said he had no brain activity.

RIP!!!!

I knew it was a wrap when they said he didn't have oxygen for 30 minutes... ain't no coming back from that.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ya pretty much a vegetable at that point.
He was only a little older than I am I couldnt imagine doing hard drugs at his age.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good Rapper. I always respected that he had the balls to talk out against the record industry and the evil behind it. How the devil himself tried to convert DMX.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Good Rapper. I always respected that he had the balls to talk out against the record industry and the evil behind it. How the devil himself tried to convert DMX.

Classic song. Damien. He raps from two perspectives. Himself and meeting a friend, Damien (the devil) and how he temps him with fame and fortune for his soul.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Had to do it

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"yall gonna make me lose my mind....."

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Never really listen to his music but that movie he was in , belly.
That is one of my favorite movies.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Great interview with him talking about his best songs and the creative process. He was the only artist to have their first two albums debut at #1 and have 2 platinum albums in one year.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was am acquaintance of his, I’m in recovery 13 years. He lives nearby, I offered him help, he just wasn’t ready. God gives man talents and man squanders them. RIP

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I've seen claims that a family member is saying they haven't been given any information that he was on drugs at the time. They also claim he'd recently been vaccinated.

Family always wants to believe it wasn't an OD or suicide and he had struggled with addiction, but I'd be interested in seeing a toxicology report. I'd lean toward an OD, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
At least he was a much better person than Ol' Dookie Face Princey Phillip of the inbred clans.

class post.

shows so much character.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

class post.

shows so much character.

Hello n00b.

I'm Lysergic, if you were offended, good.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

class post.

shows so much character.

Hello n00b.

I'm Lysergic, if you were offended, good.

Leader here? You're not lysergic, you're cyanide.

edit on 9-4-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I've seen claims that a family member is saying they haven't been given any information that he was on drugs at the time. They also claim he'd recently been vaccinated.

Family always wants to believe it wasn't an OD or suicide and he had struggled with addiction, but I'd be interested in seeing a toxicology report. I'd lean toward an OD, but who knows.

Yeah, I saw a story saying that... I was going to post a thread with a Covid vaccine killing folks angle but didn't have time. Similar to how Hank Aaron passed.

I'd be surprised if DMX was clean... He was looking a lot better, but he's always been a functional addict.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Never really listen to his music but that movie he was in , belly.
That is one of my favorite movies.

Belly is a classic. As soon as I heard no brain activity I knew he was gone. A person don’t come back from that.

RIP

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

It's MA'AM cyanide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join