It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s where the Asian Hate Crime Surveillance for Everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
a reply to: AaarghZombies

You can easily purchase 100's of cameras easily enough and have them to your door in a couple of days. They do not necessarily all need to be the same cameras. You would choose based on needs of the location.

You would not necessarily need permission if it's city property (lamp posts / telephone poles). You can also tap into existing power.

You don't necessarily need to run additional cabling (4G VPN routers). Hard lines would be preferable, but for the fastest rollout possible...

Installing cameras themselves is a pretty trivial matter so long as there is power available at the install site (I have installed a dozen hardwired cameras in a day on my own). A team of, lets say 30 installers, could conceivably get a couple hundred cameras up and running over the course of a long weekend. The monitoring station(s) would probably be the trickier element to get up.

Bottom line, the tech exists and is reasonably cheap. The cost to government, for a professional company to install, monitor and maintain however is going to be VERY expensive.

200 ring doorbells, maybe. But not 200 all weather cameras of the type that would be needed to survive winter in NYC. They'd need a high IP rating, anti fog, internal heaters and a seperate PSU as they'd draw too much to be power over IP. The weight alone would need a dedicated mount that would, and you'd need to run miles of cable just for the power. Wireless would be even more expensive and the boxes would need to be both weather proof and tamper proof.

They also couldn't be cheap Chinese models as the big Chinese cctv companies like Hikvision are implicated in spying and genocide in some cases.

Now factor in that this is government not private industry so theyd only use approved suppliers and contractors. Its NYC so they'd be getting union rates.

Man, even the planning for this would take months, there would be multiple committees involved. I'm calling this as something that probably started in 2019. NYC simply couldn't do this in a matter of months.

As you've done things like this before, could you price me up 200 IP rated camera, not Chines, installed at heights above 3 meters, by union labor? Add in a heater and anti fog, psu, cables for half, wireless for half. Now add in night vision or IR illumination for half.

<< 1  2   >>

join