It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to extend deadline on US troops' withdrawal from Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Give me a break. 20 friggin years there, more than 2.5 trillion dollars of tax payer money spent, and yet we're not ready to leave there as planned? What of load of BS, and it's as clear as day. We're not getting out, nope, not while the military industrial complex and elitist pawns like Biden are in.

As the May 1 deadline for the withdrawal of the United States military forces from Afghanistan looms on the horizon for President Joe Biden, the 78-year-old leader's decision on the matter has started to become clearer with his intention to postpone the process now seemingly inevitable.

Biden has inched so close to the deadline that his indecision amounts almost to a decision to put off, at least for a number of months, a pullout of the remaining 2,500 troops and continue supporting the Afghan military at the risk of a Taliban backlash.

Removing all of the troops and their equipment in the next three weeks, along with coalition partners who can't get out on their own, would be difficult logistically, as Biden himself suggested in late March.

Source

No surprise right, but still frustrating as hell. Factories continue closing down en mass in the Mid-west, foodbanks are overflowing in the South-West, Americans are struggling, and yet the fat cats continue to get away with their war games. When will it end?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Still glad I didn't vote for the war-mongering moron.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

RE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

February 1, 2021: President Biden didn't like the idea that President Trump wanted to save American lives, by pulling American troops out of Afghanistan. So he announced on this date that he was going to keep U.S. Troops in harm's way in that country. (

Remember when VP Biden called our brave soldiers "Stupid Bastards" in 2015?

He's never been able to keep his honest feelings (or much of anything else) secret.

edit on 4/8/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What, you expected otherwise??

Our boys and girls will not be coming home anytime soon from those accursed mountains.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Can't they just grow poppies here?
It'd probably be cheaper.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That'd be a problem. Because someone like me would lob a molotov into the fields at first opportunity.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, someone’s got to protect those poppy fields from the Taliban I guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Trump was the war monger... while trying to cut the levels of troops and get us out of that mess...

Yet Biden keeps us over there and crickets...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Can't they just grow poppies here?
It'd probably be cheaper.

Seriously there isn't probably to it, it would be infinitely cheaper. Was reading somewhere just the cost of 2500-5000 troops in Afghanistan is astronomical. No, imagine how much it's gonna be when we send another 20 years' worth of soldiers.

Hell even if it was legal and we paid for all the addicts' drug treatments it would likely be a lot cheaper.

That said pretty sure the MIC doesn't want to leave any time soon....cha-ching I bet their Uncle Sam checks arrive on time.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People said in ‘07 the so-called “War on Terror” would last a hundred years. Look on the bright side, 1/5th of the way through.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Trump was the war monger... while trying to cut the levels of troops and get us out of that mess...

Yet Biden keeps us over there and crickets...

The Neocons have returned.

The only normal we'll be returning to is the agenda that was interrupted by Trump.

I wonder if it will be UN troops or cartel funded mercenary armies that try us....

I guess we'll see..🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Bush set a exit date , Obama stalled , and now Biden.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yeah, this is what happens when you don't vote for the candidate who was in the process of leaving Afghanistan entirely despite his critics and opponent yelling and screaming against it. Perhaps you'll learn this lesson before you wage a campaign against such a candidate/incumbent in the future over idiotic horsecrap and imaginary accusations against him or her (though I have as much a chance of sprouting wings and flying around the room as we have of seeing you make such a brave change and revolt against your keepers,)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Don't blame me.

I voted for Trump.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, this is what happens when you don't vote for the candidate who was in the process of leaving Afghanistan entirely despite his critics and opponent yelling and screaming against it.

He claimed he was gonna... but he didn’t.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Do you think your crush Commie-La would pull out?
She spent years on her back screaming “Don’t pull out!!”

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, this is what happens when you don't vote for the candidate who was in the process of leaving Afghanistan entirely despite his critics and opponent yelling and screaming against it. Perhaps you'll learn this lesson before you wage a campaign against such a candidate/incumbent in the future over idiotic horsecrap and imaginary accusations against him or her (though I have as much a chance of sprouting wings and flying around the room as we have of seeing you make such a brave change and revolt against your keepers,)

Multiplied by 1000!
of all the people to moan about Biden-Southern Guardian ,the irony is so strong I nearly had a fit.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
He's just making sure a Democratic Democracy is intact and will remain intact.

That's all 😎

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Do you agree it doesnt matter which party you vote for now? I think you are usually blue right?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
“If that’s what I’m supposed to do, Nance. Whatever you want me to do.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join