It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Insurrection” Underway In Iowa As BLM Storms The State Capitol Building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Though I would love something to get riled up about, this seems pretty peaceful to me.

So was January 6th, but it turned into an "insurrection" and an "assault on democracy". The protestors here are doing the same thing protestors did on January 6th, but no cop has pulled his weapon and shot them in the face. Also, there are no Trump supporters there pretending to be BLM and trashing the place.

Not aimed at you, just my take on it.
edit on 4/8/2021 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Someone asked I drive downtown to see if its bull# and video the scene. Parking around the capital is generally #ty but i could probably find something close enough in the east village. When did it start and is it worth my time to scope it out?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like it started after lunch time. Probably not much action by now. Any twitter feeds i can see other than that which was linked?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
News story link.

Found this article on a Des Moines news station. Link not guaranteed to stay up long.

Iowa activists protest 'back the blue' legislation

Some are calling the measures racist and dangerous. The legislation increases penalties for assaulting police, rioting and assembling unlawfully.

It also makes blocking streets or highways a misdemeanor and requires those arrested for certain crimes to be held for at least 24 hours.

Republicans say the legislation aims to deter violence.

Racial equity groups like Advocates for Social Justice are taking part in the protest.

Looks awfully tame.
edit on 8-4-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
Looks like it started after lunch time. Probably not much action by now. Any twitter feeds i can see other than that which was linked?

Appreciate the offer to scope it out. It would have been nice to have the verification.

It started around lunch from what I've read. No other links except local links according to carewemust.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
News story link.

Racial equity groups like Advocates for Social Justice are taking part in the protest.

Give me a f'ing break. All police are doing is enforcing the law. Of course the group is against that, because they want to roam freely breaking it! Breaking the law makes you a CRIMINAL, not a "protester."
edit on 8-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So i guess everyone left about 2 hours ago. The girl arrested lives in norwalk and complained she is bullied at school etc. I dont find this hard to believe because norwalk schools are currently engaged in a lawsuit over bullying and some gay kid that could not use the opposite sex bathroom or something and they basically told them that doesnt fly in their district, so now we have blm moving in to strengthen the current litigation under the auspices of racism but there is nothing in the bills driving racial disparity. Im sure somewhere behind the scenes its all connected as part of a larger agenda but I am so done with this political anti-white racism # that I just dont pay much attention anymore.

ETA, my wife is a teacher and went to norwalk schools. Just asked her about it and she confirms there was plenty of bullying stemming back to the 80s and 90s. Nothing has changed there and its still the same old jocks/cheer popularity contest. Basically the school district sucks and thats why she will not teach in that district.
edit on 8-4-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
That's definitely insurrectionists insurrecting insurrenctingly.

Sad Insurgent John Sullivan (Insurgence USA™) is feeling left out.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I based that post off my own research. And from everything I found did not indicate anything close to an insurrection.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

If you say so. I stopped coming to this site because of the "independent fact checkers" and only popped in at the request of someone that knows me.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Hmmm, imagine that. The blm thugs are against a bill that would allow people to protect themselves. Actually that should be a federal bill.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Regardless of reason, very few humans with a shred of empathy will want to see a game of red rover sanction by the government involving Liberals and Truck Drivers.

All lives splatter. That simple fact should be hammered into protestor's heads regularly. If the government did sanction that action, it would solve the problem quickly and efficiently.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Truth.

If our "beloved President" was at all intelligent, he'd realize that, given the numbers, which are staggering when you think on it, of firearms in this country...if they were the problem, there'd be far more killing then there actually is. But he, and his cronies/handlers, are, and surely will continue to be, morons.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Oh, I was quoting the story. That link isn't going to last long.

But Iowa is definitely not Washington state. It's way too tame. And Republican. Constitutional carry becomes legal this summer.

edit on 8-4-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join