It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Believe - Damaging Corporations Does Not Raise Prices or Reduce Worker Benefits.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: carewemust

Oil won't last forever.

I agree with you 100%. So, let's just use up all the oil in the next year or two and FORCE everyone to go to hydrogen power. That would be the best solution. Then I could have a car big enough for me to fit in comfortably again, because size wouldn't matter anymore. We wouldn't have to force everybody to drive around in cars the size of sardine cans to "save the planet" any longer. Problem solved.

If you'll remember in the Bible when Moses is telling the Pharaoh it will rain fiery hail from the sky? There's a line right in that passage that goes, "Do you know the secret of the hail?" That is talking about hydrogen power - water can burn and provide fuel. Look it up if you don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

They first noticed a slight change in the global climate, and the temperatures were rising.

When they finally came out with their findings, it was still rather up in the air sort of speak as to what exactly was happening:

One thing is certain: in June 1988, when NASA scientist James Hansen told a congressional hearing that the planet was already warming, Exxon remained publicly convinced that the science was still controversial. Furthermore, experts agree that Exxon became a leader in campaigns of confusion. By 1989 the company had helped create the Global Climate Coalition (disbanded in 2002) to question the scientific basis for concern about climate change. It also helped to prevent the U.S. from signing the international treaty on climate known as the Kyoto Protocol in 1998 to control greenhouse gases. Exxon’s tactic not only worked on the U.S. but also stopped other countries, such as China and India, from signing the treaty.

They basically buried their head in the sand, and send out all sorts of mixed messages on what was going on. The climate was changing, and of course it always is. But as humans do best, we want to blame something or someone. And in this era of humanity, we can't blame gods and mother earth anymore it seems.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

They need to invent "green" plastics to stop oil 😄

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Thanks for sharing that. I'm genuinely interested. I still wouldn't say they were the first.

Plus after reading your quote, it says exxon wasnt convinced, not that they were the first to notice it. Honestly, did i read that wrong? They questioned it... Obviously to care for their own interests I'm sure. But i didn't see where they were the first to notice it like you said.

And it's ok to question science. That's how we got to be as advanced as we are today.

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It must be the "little voices" telling them what to do 😎

Little fictitious voices have been steering Joe Biden's every move in recent years.

Last week these voices told him: "If you raise corporate taxes, the little guy will be more prosperous, and enjoy a better standard of living!"

Joe Biden says he's raising taxes to help you and me!: www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join