It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Believe - Damaging Corporations Does Not Raise Prices or Reduce Worker Benefits.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thursday, April 8, 2021

BIDEN-DEMOCRAT-LIBERAL IDEOLOGY STRANGENESS

The Biden Administration and Liberal leaders have (in my opinion) a non-realistic view of how tax increases affect everyday Americans.

Take for instance the punishments that are being levied on U.S. Gas and Oil producers, with this "subsidy elimination" being the latest..

President Joe Biden’s plan to eliminate subsidies claimed by oil and gas companies and raise levies on corporate polluters would increase government receipts by $35 billion over the coming decade.

The benefits of these subsidies are currently concentrated “within a handful of large firms,” the Treasury said in the Made In America Tax Plan released Wednesday. The report expands on tax proposals in Biden’s $2.25 trillion economic package unveiled last week.

Biden already surprised many executives in the first few months of his presidency by canceling the Keystone XL crude pipeline and restricting drilling on federal land.

This statement from the Biden administration reflects liberal ideology overall, when it comes to the effect increased taxes have on consumers.

“The main impact would be on oil and gas company profits,” the Treasury said in the report. “Research suggests little impact on gasoline or energy prices for U.S. consumers, and little impact on our energy security.”

Source: www.bloomberg.com...

Assumption 1: Democrats see fuel prices increasing as we speak, with other goods soon to follow, yet don't believe reducing profits, while increasing taxes on the manufacturers and suppliers, are why inflation is heating up.

Assumption 2: Democrats feel the public will NOT blame them for the increased cost-of-living, when the 2022 election cycle rolls around.

Are those two assumptions correct? If so, can anyone explain why Democrats hold those beliefs?

It's not Ignorance of how the economy and human nature operates. A 12 year-old knows raising prices is not a good thing.

There must be an entirely different way of thinking being utilized by the Biden Administration and the Democrat-Controlled U.S. Congress.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/8/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, if Biden gets rid of subsidies, the oil and gas industries will just raise prices up to get their money. The working men and women will pay more for everything and most of them make less than two hundred grand a year, even the workers at those industries will lose because their after tax wages will not go as far.

I can see the positive impact of that, you can't afford to go on vacation or buy things that you really don't need, things that supply work for the lower classes. You won't need thirty employees anymore if you are not selling nearly as much....great way of lowering the negative impact on the environment that way since less people will have to drive to work and less destruction of the environment with all the junk going to the dump and reduced mining and recycling costs.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Democrats.....were their lips moving when they said this?😏

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Your "trickle down" view of the effect that comes from increasing corporate taxes makes a ton of REAL WORLD sense.

Democrats know this too. Yet they ignore reality and punish corporations anyway.

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oil and gas will go up regardless.

Almost all auto manufacturers are going EV, and there's a massive push for 'green energy' even by the oil company's themselves, I invest in a oil company that is heavily into green energy. It's the future, whether you like it or not, democrats or not, the corporations have chosen our destiny already.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Democrats.....were their lips moving when they said this?😏

Biden Treasury Secretary (Janet Yellen) said a lot of weird things this week...including the desire to implement a global minimum corporate tax rate.

Corporate Minimum Tax: fortune.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Almost all auto manufacturers are going EV, and there's a massive push for 'green energy' even by the oil company's themselves, I invest in a oil company that is heavily into green energy. It's the future, whether you like it or not, democrats or not, the corporations have chosen our destiny already.

Oil companies think it's in their best financial interest to "go green"? In a nutshell, can you explain why this is the case?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Your "trickle down" view of the effect that comes from increasing corporate taxes makes a ton of REAL WORLD sense.

Democrats know this too. Yet they ignore reality and punish corporations anyway.

Doesn't make sense.

You can see that's the problem. democrats don't live in the real world, they live in some weird bizarro world.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I short form ill give you my conspiratorial view on the green push.

Democrats have for years been trying to gain POWER! Its in their every move. How do you get rid of Republicans? Well... Id say take away their means/donors. One of their biggest donor base is the oil industry. Democrats for years have been pushing the green tech and environment law power grabs. Especially with small unelected positions that can take your property.

So essentially own the power industry and take it away from the right.

I just don't see it being for the environment... Sorry..nope.... Just ask John Kerry when he flies on huge jets all over the world. Then when called on it, says its ok for people like him....POWER

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Doesn't make sense.

You can see that's the problem. democrats don't live in the real world, they live in some weird bizarro world.

They also can't comprehend why there is a glut of Covid-19 vaccine doses in many parts of the country.

Biden moved up the date for vaccine availability from May 1st to April 19th for all adults, to reduce the glut.

But he still can't understand that 35% of American adults do NOT plan on being vaccinated against Covid-19.

Even when it's pointed out that 49% of Americans do not get FLU shots.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Don't Democrats think they are placing their "power grab" plans in jeopardy by making moves that will get them booted out of control of Congress in 18 months?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It must be the "little voices" telling them what to do 😎

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Oil won't last forever. It's a long term haul, plus just like the recent food and agricultural social revolution that has forced grocery retail giants, fast food, etc, to go more 'organic' and healthy, people want "green" energy.

Coal company's have been investing into solar for over a decade now. It's about sustainability, in both economic and environmental terms.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Don't Democrats think they are placing their "power grab" plans in jeopardy by making moves that will get them booted out of control of Congress in 18 months?

How is that exactly supposed to work again?
...them getting booted that is

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oil won't last forever. It's a long term haul, plus just like the recent food and agricultural social revolution that has forced grocery retail giants, fast food, etc, to go more 'organic' and healthy, people want "green" energy.

Coal company's have been investing into solar for over a decade now. It's about sustainability, in both economic and environmental terms.

Is it now? Or is it more of do as I say not as I do?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I just don't see it being for the environment... Sorry..nope.... Just ask John Kerry when he flies on huge jets all over the world. Then when called on it, says its ok for people like him....POWER

Well, if we follow your conspiracy, it makes sense.

Exxon was the first to notice global warming, I guess create the problem and think of the solution, and then present the solution and build around it? Am I following your logic here?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Then Joe Biden is indeed a visionary. All the old "dirty" job-holders will need to learn how to code.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

It all boils down to the economy. I hope we get 10% inflation before the November 2022 election. That will GUARANTEE Democrats lose control of the House and Senate.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, if we follow your conspiracy, it makes sense.

Exxon was the first to notice global warming, I guess create the problem and think of the solution, and then present the solution and build around it? Am I following your logic here?

Global warming? Or climate change? Or cooling? Which is it? I can't keep up.

The climate changes. The Earth changes. I don't doubt that. Have we made a significant dent in the environment. I don't necessarily think so. Considering the Earth changed so much so many times over history without us.

And i have looked around and haven't seen that Exxon is the first to notice global warming.

Besides...how do you "notice" it first? Lol or did they say it is happening first.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

It all boils down to the economy. I hope we get 10% inflation before the November 2022 election. That will GUARANTEE Democrats lose control of the House and Senate.

Elections... Right right... We have the most popular President now you know. Just saying.

Even if election laws and everything are followed correctly I don't have faith in people actually paying attention. Everyone is very tribal it seems these days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join