It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever and visions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is something I periodically keep thinking about since it happened. One day when I was making soap, the fragrances, and stress of meeting a deadline I suspect, were giving me a headache. Eventually, I started getting feverish and I felt like crap!
I went to bed, almost immediately started having visions of a first person view of running in the forest. I say first person, because I didn't feel like it was me seeing it, like it was me seeing someone else's view. I was interested to see where it would lead, up hills and through the forest. I felt like it was my area before it was widely settled. I came to a clearing, and there was a woman outside a cabin or something like that, she looked like she was doing outside chores, though i didn't see any animals there by the house at least. She looked at me like she was curious why I was there. Then a man came out of the house, and looked at me also, curious and a little concerned. They both looked a little sad, or worried.
Nothing came of all this, but I think I saw a vision of the past maybe. I know fever can cause you to hallucinate, but this just seemed like other vision type things I've experienced (only a handful of times) or like a dream sort of.
The next morning I felt fine. I was not sick, so I have no idea why I had a fever in the first place. Anyway, I just wanted to share this. This was back in October.
The funny thing is, I've been researching a local family who used to have a farm on the property where I live now. I've been researching obsessively lately, and I keep getting hits. Whereas, when I tried researching it a couple years ago, I just hit a dead end. Now it seems like I keep getting lucky and finding out a lot of things.
I just kind of wonder if I somehow tapped into something when I had my vision.
Any thoughts? Anyone experience something similar?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot to mention this part of what I was wondering. Fevers are said to cause hallucinations, implying they aren't real. What if some hallucinations are caused by the fever, but real visions can be caused by fever also? I just really feel that this was an actual vision of the past. And I really do think I might have seen someone from the family I've been researching. I only found 2 photos, but the people in my vision weren't them. Plus, I found the photos recently. I hadn't seen any up to this point.
edit on 8-4-2021 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I find this type of stuff very interesting. I've read accounts of people who've "stepped into" the past and actually interacted with the 'residents' of the past. In your case, the people you saw were apparently seeing you too.
Other people have reported seeing the past like they were watching a movie. They had no interactions, they were just able to observe. Fascinating stuff!

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yeah, it's weird when they see me. I'll be honest, I have a very active imagination, but sometimes these things just seem more real.
There have been other times when they see me. Once, I was observing a few people in a restaurant talking to each other in a little group in a hallway. I was amused that I could watch them, then one spotted me and they all looked at me with angry faces! I went away after that!

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Probably should get a covid-19 test.
Hope all is well..

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Back in 2000 I had the flu really bad. I was talking to people I saw in the walls. My wife took me to the hospital, and my fever was over 105.

It defiantly was hallucinations, but seemed real to my fever warped mind at the time.

Yours sounds way more detailed than what I had. Maybe it was something more.

I did have a dream about my deceased father the first Christmas eve after he passed. It was very detailed, and I can remember every bit. I was down and depressed before Christmas, but woke up Christmas morning feeling refreshed and happy after that dream. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

My dad was having some dementia symptoms at one point towards the end of his life, but it was due to infection in his system. He didn't stay that way once the infection healed. While he was experiencing that, he was hallucinating too. It was amazing to see how fully he believed the things he was seeing or experiencing. One time when I was visiting him in the hospital, he asked if he was on the news, of course I said no and asked why. He said he got out of the hospital and was found wandering on the highway and they brought him back. He was thoroughly convinced of it. That is only one of many things! It was weird.

He has passed now, and I too have dreamed of him a few times. One of them, I'm sure it was really him visiting or communicating with me because it was actually life changing. It encouraged me to deal with something that I had been not dealing with for pretty much my whole adult life.

Do you think maybe your hallucinations were really people on the other side?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

It crossed my mind, but since I was fine the next morning, I didn't bother. Also, I think somehow it was brought on by the strong fragrances. I don't know if that's a thing or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Usually "hallucinations" are just your brain trying to make sense of a pattern it perceives. A shadow becomes a ghost. A random noise becomes a voice. Etc.

On the other hand, you can see these when your dopamine and serotonin levels are boosted, which might imply that at least some of the things you're seeing as a hallucination are actually quite real but not usually recognized.

Each is reality perceived through a distorted lens, just in different ways and at different levels.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That's interesting how you broke that down. Very well said.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

was it 'fever' or was it a state of brainwaves... see this : www.bing.com...

5 Types Of Brain Waves.

1. Beta (14-40Hz) — The Waking Consciousness & Reasoning Wave. Beta brain waves are associated with normal waking consciousness and a heightened state ...
2. Alpha (7.5-14Hz) — The Deep Relaxation Wave.
3. Theta (4-7.5Hz) — The Light Meditation & Sleeping Wave.
4. Delta (0.5-4Hz) — The Deep Sleep Wave.
5. Gamma (above 40Hz) – The Insight Wave.
This Is How Brain Waves Contribute To The State of Mind

i suggest that the combined stresses and pungent aromas of your fabrication-of-soap process... put your brain and mind in a state of mind to enter a Lucid Dream State... which transformed into a meditative state of 'Astral Projection'

your hallucinations were actual contacts, other-reality visions/ESP contacts with higher realities in a dream state (likely you also experienced 'sleep paralysis')

going quickly into a dream state was a necessary safeguard because of the strength/impact of the revelation to your psyche

~others have probably suffered psychological damage and resulted in a bout of schizophrenia for a similar encounter~

glad to hear your sharing and report and safety

ETA
there are accounts where pious people, deep in prayer, are overcome in religious ecstasy with visions-in-a-trance state

it seems you got caught in a non-religious but overwhelming 'contact' session
edit on th30161859142816432021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I'm looking through some of the links in your post. I'm not very educated on the different brainwaves. At a glance though, I'm not sure where a feverish feeling would come from. I'm going to delve into this some more.
You mention lucid dreaming. I have been lucid dreaming since I was a young child. My first one I can remember was when I was around 4 or 5 years old. As I've aged though, it's not as much as I used to. I've thought about trying to do exercises or whatever to try to do it more now. I have also had dreams and hypnogogic and hypnopompic images that seemed like they were possibly astral projections, but I don't even know how I would be able to know for sure. I also have had sleep paralysis episodes throughout my life, but only a handful of times.
Anyway, thank you for your reply. You've given me much to think about and research. Always a good thing!
edit on 19-4-2021 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
Oh, I forgot to mention this part of what I was wondering. Fevers are said to cause hallucinations, implying they aren't real. What if some hallucinations are caused by the fever, but real visions can be caused by fever also?

Your question reminds me of those extreme vision quests native americans (and other cultures?) would pursue, using heat saunas - I think here they were/are called sweat lodges?

Not exactly a fever, but probably similar...

So, I think the answer to your question is a definite yes.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Oh wow, that's right! That's very interesting. Thanks for your response.

new topics

top topics

join