It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA = French Revolution 2.0?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
(I know, who needs another political thread.)

I'm no expert but it seems to me that what is happening today in the USA is very much like the French Revolution.

leftist intellectuals decide that the existing order is evil and illegitimate and they have the right and privilege to overturn and establish a new order with themselves in charge.

consider:

*absolute intolerance of any disagreement.

*rejection, even hatred, of Christianity. This is a values conflict, and Christianity, identified with traditional Western philosophies, is considered to be part of the problem.

*ideological purity tests.

*forced compliance. France's Directorate would punish people that did nothing wrong for 'lack of zeal'.

does anyone else see this?
what next?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

I'm no expert but it seems to me that what is happening today in the USA is very much like the French Revolution.

leftist intellectuals decide that the existing order is evil and illegitimate and they have the right and privilege to overturn and establish a new order with themselves in charge.

consider:

*rejection, even hatred, of Christianity. This is a values conflict, and Christianity, identified with traditional Western philosophies, is considered to be part of the problem.

*forced compliance. France's Directorate would punish people that did nothing wrong for 'lack of zeal'.

what next?

Or is it the inquisition? Convert or die...be canceled.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Do you think there will be guillotines?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Do you think there will be guillotines?

One can only hope.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Speaking of French revolution, French Elite Caught Violating Lockdown Rules by Attending Secret Restaurants..

They know what they are doing. They are pushing us to the limits. They need us to destroy ourselves and by their policies they will do it. The longer it takes, the more they get to experiment.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

King Louis XVI had " absolute power " over France. He was in power purely by lineage. Hence the revolution for change.

I don't think any US President has had " absolute power " He is voted into or out off office by the people.

Therefore what's happening in The US today is nothing like what happened in France. It's totally different.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think you are right.

These psychological torture games they are playing does work on an individual.

What they didn't factor in was that we aren't alone.

We have families. We have responsibilities. Some of us have faith.

So in essence they can't break us because we are not living for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You could be right but by no means are they intellectuals.
They like to think they are but they are not.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: ElGoobero

consider:

what next?

Or is it the inquisition? Convert or die...be canceled.

Most of the people who died during witxh trials and the inquisitions were Christians. Nothing to do with converting and everything to do with hysteria and suppression of women and science.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Pffft, just a bunch of wussies lamenting their 1st world problems. Aint nobody got the stomach for full fledged anarchy.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Most of the people who died during witch trials and the inquisitions were Christians. Nothing to do with converting and everything to do with hysteria and suppression of women and science.

Oh, FFS, "I'm a woman, please don't burn me alive!!!! Waaaaaa!!!".

Don't practice deviltry and witchcraft.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I remember a time when ATS members were scared of guillotines.

Oh man, there was a thread a few years ago now, someone found some government doc for procuring guillotines.

It was the smoking gun.

Turns out it was paper guillotines.

Ahh the good old days!

Anyway, yeah cool, now ATS members want guillotines.

We’ve come full circle.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Remember! If you float you're a witch and if you sink you're dead. So get in the kitchen and stacketh me some bread, meat, and then more bread!"

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

"Let them eat Kek."

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't practice deviltry and witchcraft.

Oh ok Mr. Mason willdo...

Pot....kettle....something like that...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I wish we did both, so many people I want to turn into newts.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The left wing were the revolutionaries who overthrew the Bourbon Monarchy to create a democratic republic. The right wing fought against them as they support traditional authoritarian powers of monarchy, regimé and the Church.

The term right wing comes from the supporters of the monachy being on the right hand side of god/the monarch Constitutional Monachies and Parliaments. Those who voted against the monarch and for rights and democracy were alligned on the left wing of Parliament.

Pretty sure the US is the only country in the world that doesn't use the naming system and republican/conservative vs liberal, there's no monarch to overthrow in the US and both main parties are right wing so there's no resemblance really.

edit on 7-4-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"Like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children", said journalist Jacques du Pan. As we know, Robespierre would come to meet his own guillotine, and the reign of terror would be the de facto ideology. Napoleon, the revolutionary wars, rise from this mess. So much for human rights.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: dug88

I wish we did both, so many people I want to turn into newts.

Hmm. That could be a way to increase attendance at Stated meetings. And it’d be a weird thing to see on the notice. “For the program this month, we will be practicing some evil sh*t.”

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing to do with justice.
They (French) just like to Revolt! roit!
I have seen how they selebrate news years.
they smash up the big shops.
they dont steal much as they have shutters inside.

its some thing they LET them do to let off steam.
and it now looks like this will be allowed in US.
so get use,t to it and move OUT of city centrers.
big bussnes make money from This too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join