It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your own words, please tell why MLK Jr was wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
That's how I judge people. I don't care if you're Black, White, Straight, Gay. Trans or whatever.
If you act like an asshole, I will treat you like one.

My motto is : Everyone deserves kindness and respect....until you prove you don't deserve it.

Exactly. I watch all these sports conferences push messages to unite and all that other virtue signaling BS about fighting racism, then they show old clips of black and white teammates high fiving and hugging or chest bumping after good plays or big wins in order to show the players what they need to do to push for unity. The people pushing this retardedness are just as ass backwards as the retardedness itself.

So basically, hey players, you see how y'all were all standing beside each other and hugging, high fiving, chest bumping, etc., every year since blacks were allowed to play from 60 years ago to present? Yeah, ok, well white people are racist so what y'all really need to be doing is hugging, high fiving, and chest bumping so we can end all of this racism!
edit on 7-4-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Dr. King wasn’t off the mark. Your misunderstanding of racism, is. Whether that’s intentional or you truly just don’t understand, that’s on you.

Well, now's your chance to tell us all about racism.

I grew up in the middle of government forced integration. I heard people say things like "You shouldn't be mean to [black folk]... they can't help being dumber than whites." I fought with my family over the first black kid I invited to a birthday party... they were afraid of repercussions from neighbors because we might be seen as "ignoring the nature of things." Do I misunderstand racism?

I was taught that racism was a belief and subsequent actions based on that belief that others of a specific race were inferior to me. Dr. King's words echoed that definition. Did we misunderstand racism?

Please, tell us all about racism. Help us understand.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He's a democrat. He gets to tell us that we're the problem and doesn't need to explain it. I thought you knew how this worked.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you are going to make a determination of a person based on skin color rather than character, achievements, then you are a racist.

It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If you are going to make a determination of a person based on skin color rather than character, achievements, then you are a racist.

It's really that simple.

Imagine how bad it's going to be if we ever get to the point that a president chooses a VP based on the color of their skin. That's when you'll know the shart has hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's really that simple.

Imagine how bad it's going to be if we ever get to the point that a president chooses a VP based on the color of their skin. That's when you'll know the shart has hit the fan.

That arguably happened in the last election.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just bring Malcom X views on Conservatives an Liberals, an see how quick they say he is wrong.

In his pov, the Tories are Wolves, while the Demos are akin to Foxes. Said you know what the wolf wants, an it aint hiding it, but you wouldn't know what the Fox wants till it bites.

Also said, any black man following a white liberal or just liberal are Chumps too.

The whole race thing is perpetual at best, an has no actual basis to real world discrimination what so ever. Like how Hate Speech is too broad an general, an usually only get decided by the big wigs.

Hating Monday will be a crime an the sentence is "Death" if that a case, due to the literal usage of hate, word for word is being used.

Put a smile on, cause Monday is coming.
edit on 7-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

HE wasn't wrong at all. But God love him, his dream didn't happen. His sincere vision of a people uniting via sheer human dignity and honor towards what he knew everyone must surely grasp... LOOKS DON'T MATTER. Rather, the intentions of the conscious soul within that meat-suit!

He called for Peaceful protests. Dignified, resolute, brave people of good intent to stand and be counted; share the dream and help make it happen. And it WAS blossoming.

Government made a MLK Day to "honor" him. But they do him no honor by leading the charge to divide the people by race.
*Cue Conspiracy Theory he "had to be taken out"* Must they watch out for anybody who is charismatic enough to amass a powerful movement not of their own making-- Even if said movement makes the world a better place?

I'm sorry someone killed you- whoever it was. But your dream died with you, and that's the real tragedy. Pretty sure you'd agree with me, sir.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I wanted to actually try and get an explanation. He and I are obviously not using the same dictionary.

At least now he has no cause to ever complain about misunderstanding racism again. This is his big chance to explain it to us misunderstanding cretins. He can take or ignore the opportunity I just gave. If the former, we'll get a glimpse inside his mindset; if the latter, he can never complain about racism again and be taken seriously.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
End of the day racism is not illegal. Hard for people to accept but despite all the media coverage, riots the KKK is still around and perfectly legal. What is not legal is destroying property without permission and harming someone physically or financially due to their race. Those are crimes. Disliking a race of people is a personal choice. Having a dream all kids play together is no different than having a dream they do not all play together. Breaking windows, burning businesses, blocking traffic are crimes. Hating black people or any other race is not a crime.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

www.cbsnews.com...

It's obvious that his words aren't just ignored, but are actively shunned in the actions of the large portion of Main Stream Media, and a section of our government. We hire based on skin color, we promote based on skin color, we choose to elevate some, due to only skin color.

A system that uses accomplishments, historical record, and proven work ethic to promote has been deemed "racist".

But when you look at Dr. Kings words, that is the opposite of what he fought and ultimately died for. Sure he is still held high in our society, with streets in almost every town named after him, Statues in prominent places for him, even a national holiday in his honor, and yet, when looking at the whole of his work, and the reality of society today, it can't be more clear that he was wrong......or we are now.

I was raised in a white area. I had very little contact with people of color growing up. I was taught to treat everyone equal, my father was/is very firm in his belief that we are all the same. Once I joined the military, I learned that indeed what I was taught was true. We were all the same, on the same team, working for the same goal. Now, in the future, the year 2021, we are regressing at a pace not understood by most.

So while I'm supposed to feel guilty for being white, I'd like to hear from the one's who promote this new way of looking at ourselves, why was Dr. King so far off the mark? How did his message make it out, knowing that it is so wrong. And lastly, when can we get on with removing his statues, and renaming the streets?

Kings words sounded great on paper and for the time given the overt discrimination that was going on. I think we were making great strides in 70s / 80s but the civil rights movement was hijacked and turned into a political cudgel. You think about how quickly we went from segregation to blacks being elected mayors, put on police forces, business, etc. It was quite amazing to be frank.

However, at some point, the civil rights movement was taken over and discovered racial strife could be exploited politically.

Malcolm X warned about it. Heck, even Booker T Washington knew what was up 100 years earlier in 1911 when we noted:

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's good to see you posting again.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

www.cbsnews.com...

It's obvious that his words aren't just ignored, but are actively shunned in the actions of the large portion of Main Stream Media, and a section of our government. We hire based on skin color, we promote based on skin color, we choose to elevate some, due to only skin color.

A system that uses accomplishments, historical record, and proven work ethic to promote has been deemed "racist".

But when you look at Dr. Kings words, that is the opposite of what he fought and ultimately died for. Sure he is still held high in our society, with streets in almost every town named after him, Statues in prominent places for him, even a national holiday in his honor, and yet, when looking at the whole of his work, and the reality of society today, it can't be more clear that he was wrong......or we are now.

I was raised in a white area. I had very little contact with people of color growing up. I was taught to treat everyone equal, my father was/is very firm in his belief that we are all the same. Once I joined the military, I learned that indeed what I was taught was true. We were all the same, on the same team, working for the same goal. Now, in the future, the year 2021, we are regressing at a pace not understood by most.

So while I'm supposed to feel guilty for being white, I'd like to hear from the one's who promote this new way of looking at ourselves, why was Dr. King so far off the mark? How did his message make it out, knowing that it is so wrong. And lastly, when can we get on with removing his statues, and renaming the streets?

Wow man I can't believe you have never heard of racial profiling before, that is one example of exactly what Dr King was fighting for and you think he's off the mark?? How are you the expert on blackness when you grew up in a white only neighborhood/upbringing?!?

I'm guessing you are republican, look at your political party...you sure do hire based on color!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Wow man I can't believe you have never heard of racial profiling before

As you then go on to racially profile the other commenter..

I'm guessing you are republican, look at your political party...you sure do hire based on color!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The arguments against "color-blindness" are few, but race hustlers have devised arguments to dismiss it. One I've heard is that color-blindness is a form of privilege, specifically white privilege. Asserted Without any irony, it is racist because it allows a white person to ignore systemic racism.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

is racist because it allows a white person to ignore systemic racism.

Systemic racism...

Like math, music, statues, the English language and Dr. Seuss?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Please explain how kamala got her job as vp.

You have it exactly backwards republicans dont hire based on color democrats however do. Look at all the crap the dems push about having a person of color in the board rooms of businesses.

Whether the person is qualified for the job is irrelevant as long as they are a person of color.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It seems to me that the age range of (very roughly) 25-45, with the peak of the bell curve at ~35yo, were witnessing the birth of something truly special.

Then instant global communications came along which were built explicitly to foster prolonged engagement with the platforms (see: addiction).

This created a situation where any individual event could be injected into peoples consciousness based solely on constant reinforcement. This completely messes with the perception of scale, among other things.

So, if someone wanted to create the perception that "racism has never been worse," its easy enough to find single stories and then repeat them over and over again. Which stories are selected is based on real-time feedback from data collection. Which receive the most emotional engagements and clicks?

Absolutely fantastic situation for political and corporate manipulation, but not so much for society as a whole..

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
End of the day racism is not illegal. Hard for people to accept but despite all the media coverage, riots the KKK is still around and perfectly legal. What is not legal is destroying property without permission and harming someone physically or financially due to their race. Those are crimes. Disliking a race of people is a personal choice. Having a dream all kids play together is no different than having a dream they do not all play together. Breaking windows, burning businesses, blocking traffic are crimes. Hating black people or any other race is not a crime.

you are correct. Racism is not a crime. But it is taught.
And when you look at society as a whole, you learn that good people, smart people, stupid people, bad people, and all kinds in between exist regardless of the color of their skin. it's almost as if, skin pigment has nothing to do with what kind of person is in that body.

You aren't breaking the law to hate others for the way they look. But if that's how you view the world, you aren't being honest with yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join