It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your own words, please tell why MLK Jr was wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

www.cbsnews.com...

It's obvious that his words aren't just ignored, but are actively shunned in the actions of the large portion of Main Stream Media, and a section of our government. We hire based on skin color, we promote based on skin color, we choose to elevate some, due to only skin color.

A system that uses accomplishments, historical record, and proven work ethic to promote has been deemed "racist".

But when you look at Dr. Kings words, that is the opposite of what he fought and ultimately died for. Sure he is still held high in our society, with streets in almost every town named after him, Statues in prominent places for him, even a national holiday in his honor, and yet, when looking at the whole of his work, and the reality of society today, it can't be more clear that he was wrong......or we are now.

I was raised in a white area. I had very little contact with people of color growing up. I was taught to treat everyone equal, my father was/is very firm in his belief that we are all the same. Once I joined the military, I learned that indeed what I was taught was true. We were all the same, on the same team, working for the same goal. Now, in the future, the year 2021, we are regressing at a pace not understood by most.

So while I'm supposed to feel guilty for being white, I'd like to hear from the one's who promote this new way of looking at ourselves, why was Dr. King so far off the mark? How did his message make it out, knowing that it is so wrong. And lastly, when can we get on with removing his statues, and renaming the streets?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That's how I judge people. I don't care if you're Black, White, Straight, Gay. Trans or whatever.
If you act like an asshole, I will treat you like one.

My motto is : Everyone deserves kindness and respect....until you prove you don't deserve it.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Racism in this country was on life support.

We almost had a society that viewed police brutality as government corruption rather than racism.

We almost had a society that viewed the fleecing of the middle class as a bad thing. Now, flattening the middle class is a means to racial "equity."

We almost had a society where we could take a sober look at policy and see what we could change for the sake of true equality under the law.

We let that dream go for pursuing these policies harder than before and even encouraging old racist policies like segregation especially in places like college campuses.

All of this tells me that someone is trying extremely hard to create a race war because it is easier than trying to subjugate America from the outside.

None of this # is an American creation. But it does need American participation.
edit on 4 7 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think the MLK quote that you posted is a contradiction to BLM ideas.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I will say it once again, don't hate people for the color of their skin because once you get to know them there are so many better reasons to hate them.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
MLK was a womanizer and beat his wife. One of his women was trying to get in the back of the ambulance but the police denied her. Thought it would ruin his "character".

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It isn't that he was wrong, it's that there are those in this world who can't afford for him to be right. The moment people of all races come together and realize who the real enemy in this world is, the game is over.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
MLK was a womanizer and beat his wife. One of his women was trying to get in the back of the ambulance but the police denied her. Thought it would ruin his "character".

I love these quips. So nothing he said can be viewed as good or correct. Noted. I sure hope your life has been spotless, lest we be forced to ignore everything you say.

So please explain what about his words were wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

SnF. Patiently waiting for the narrative people to come and "correct" you.

It's a tale as old as time. Rulers always make sure that there is division in order to have an enemy.

Authoritarianism 101.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, one thing's for sure: BLM are definitely NOT carrying MLK's torch. He'd be appalled by them today, and definitely oppose their violent, bullying tactics. His goal was equality, NOT superiority--like BLM peddles.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I love these quips. So nothing he said can be viewed as good or correct. Noted. I sure hope your life has been spotless, lest we be forced to ignore everything you say.

If I was his wife and he was beating me it would not be his words that bothered me.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If I was his wife and he was beating me it would not be his words that bothered me.

so we can use your argument to tear down his statues, rename the streets, and get back to some good old classic racism?

eta:
www.thedailybeast.com...
Perhaps he was a horrible man, or perhaps the FBI was afraid of his power, maybe his character was well below that of others.

But the truth that lives in his words transcends the man himself, the words are something the entire world embraced save for the hardcore KKK racists.
edit on 7-4-2021 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The racists are back in charge so that's why we have racist policies.
edit on 7-4-2021 by DBCowboy because: I drank all of Augustus's beer. . . come at me bro!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Because MLK's legacy to his four children has become a multi-million dollar empire that survives on the idea of racism and hate is still overwhelmingly present and only the idea and certainty of systemic racism will keep us divided.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

so we can use your argument to tear down his statues, rename the streets, and get back to some good old classic racism?

I don't care what you tear down. Statues and names of streets are constantly changed, tore down, new ones created. This has been going on since streets and statues were invented. Just clean up the mess.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Dr. King wasn’t off the mark. Your misunderstanding of racism, is. Whether that’s intentional or you truly just don’t understand, that’s on you.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

How about you expand on that?

You seem to have all the answers to what racism actually is.

Any chance you can explain your quip before you run off again like a troll?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You must be under the impression that the people who do those things will leave you alone.

They won't.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Because democrats have kept their boot on the necks of the black community just as much over the past 60 years as they did 60 years prior to that, and 60 years prior to those 60 years while they point their fingers at Republicans and tell the community which they're holding down, that we're the ones who hate them. That's why King was wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

How about you expand on that?

You seem to have all the answers to what racism actually is.

Any chance you can explain your quip before you run off again like a troll?

Talking points are seldom expandable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join