It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bigelow comments on $1.05 million lawsuit against NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I put this in the people arena although Bigelow is into UFO, Skinwalker Ranch and all other things ET, this is more about his contract with NASA. So, that's why it's in people as its simply a businessman versus a government agency.

I don't have much faith in NASA. Back in 1996, I was shown a letter that was sent to NASA earlier in the 1990's concerning their O Ring design by an Engineer on a SCBA contract we had with NASA. We were forced to use the NASA O Ring design. When the SCBA units leaked after being in storage at NASA, NASA requested an RMA to return and replace all. I have no idea if a waiver was granted to return to and use the suppliers original O ring design. As after all we had 1000's of them in service all over the USA that never leaked.

When I was shown the letter the Engineer was despondent and besides himself as he wrote and signed it. That being said it would appear that Bigelow may have something here as many at NASA are like Icebergs at sea. Islands all onto and about themselves.

Then again NASA knows better. Right?

Robert Bigelow comments on $1.05 million lawsuit against NASA

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 / 03:25 PM PDT / Updated: Mar 30, 2021 / 04:07 PM PDT

MYSTERY WIRE — Last week, Bigelow Aerospace filed a lawsuit in United States district court alleging NASA still owes the North Las Vegas based company $1.05 million for work done developing and testing an expandable space module. Bigelow Aerospace claims it fulfilled its contract with NASA but has not been paid in full for the work that was done between August 2016 and late 2020. “I built the BA 330 with my own money,” company founder Robert Bigelow said. “We signed a contract with NASA and were to be paid $1.65 million total. We did what we agreed to do. We not only monitored the spacecraft for six months as specified in the agreement, we did it for 8 months.”

edit on 7-4-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This, despite the UFO stuff that many believe is being covered up by NASA, just shows how deeply incompetent NASA can be.

Remember that the James Webb Space Telescope was already supposed to be revealing the secrets of the universe. That project was originally slated to launch in 2007. Development started in 1996.

Nothing but abject mismanaged and incompetence can explain why the JWST has been sitting and waiting for a launch that has been rescheduled so many times that no one is confident that it will make its October 2021 launch date.

You're right with your criticism that NASA is a collection of islands operating in and of themselves. Makes you wonder how many astronauts have been sacrificed to their incompetent leadership for decades now.

As it pertains to Bigelow Aerospace, they've had a contentious relationship with NASA for a long time. They just don't like Robert Bigelow and see him as a sort of burden to put up with within the industry. I can't say I'm surprised by any of this. It is also worth noting that in 2020 Bigelow Aerospace laid off their entire workforce due to the pandemic, despite being an essential business that could have stayed open.

There are lots of problems on both sides of this.
edit on 4 7 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Nothing but abject mismanaged and incompetence can explain why the JWST has been sitting and waiting for a launch that has been rescheduled so many times that no one is confident that it will make its October 2021 launch date.

Problem with JWST is it will orbit 1 million miles away from Earth so unlike Hubble it will be to far out to fix should it launch with a problem ... like Hubble did ....so there is that.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm confident everyone knew that going in and I am confident in the skills of engineers and scientists.

I am not confident in management or the government bureaucracy that runs NASA.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am not confident in management or the government bureaucracy that runs NASA.

Not arguing with you there , over the last decade or so NASA seem to have had a lack of vision and an over reliance on probes , I think the ISS should be sold to the highest bidder to free up that cash and be put toward the next step ... a space station orbiting the Moon.

Hopefully Bill Nelson has vision.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Agreed.

NASA's use of probes would be far less of a shock if we could do more with the data we get from them. I want to see far more intrepidity and we paid instead for risk-averse missions and exploratory timidity.

top topics

join