It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of son's best friend infected...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So, sometimes I feel like I can almost be so stout in my stand that I can will opposite reactions into being... All jokes aside.

Just learned last night that my son's best friend's mother (both boys 10 years old) have been sick for 3 days. She just got her positive test result last night on day 4. So of course her 3 sons are now at home. But they were all in school yesterday. I didnt want to alarm my son with all sorts of questions, but needless to say, I'm hoping the test result of his friend comes back negative today. They do spend a lot of time together, almost exclusively along with another classmate.

But from a couch-scientific point of view, this will also be interesting, because I spoke with the mother last night. She did sound awfully sick, was aching all over, coughing and didn't have strength to eat or drink. I told her to try and get something to drink atleast.

Today they will be going up to the nearest hospital and have the boys tested as well.

Based on what she told me, the cynical side of me sees this as an opportunity to learn more about:
- Body composition vs severity. She's a short woman and a little overweight in apple shape. I'm fairly confident she doesn't exercise.

- My son's friend often wakes at night and tugs himself in with his mother, including the last 3 days. This is interesting because of the very close proximity for a prolonged period. Supposedly kids are less receptible, but I would expect him to having been infected.

- His older brothers are more independent and will that small difference have an impact on infection?

- If son's friend is positive, it will be interesting to see how, if at all, the infection spread to other classmates during that single day yesterday. The friend is seated next to a girl, and my son seated around 2 metres to the back and left of his friend.

On the empathic side, I hope the local municipality will live up to their responsibility of taking care of grocery needs like they are supposed to and that the boys get out of this without issues.
They already lost their dad to a heart condition 1.5 year ago. They really don't need to lose another parent who is already struggling

edit on 7/4/21 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Best thread ever.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And your first sensible reply in a long time

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Best thread ever.

Lol I know! xD Butter fingers made me somehow hit enter almost immediatly.
Thank you edit option!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I've never, ever done exactly the same thing. I swear. But it sure is fun when someone does.

Best wishes to all involved.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hope she is ok and heals up, odds are good!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Too much death this past year, just like these people's families and friends feel. 2020/2021 left many with no easy choices. Spent the past hour reading this

www.reddit.com...

edit on 7-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   

All I know is my immune system is amazing and I rarely even catch a cold...bacteria is about all I deal with health wise. My wife not so much mostly due to some health factors out of her control. We both had covid within days of each other. She was dying for about a week...like I had to do everything for her. Me I get a headache sore neck and that taste in my throat you get when your sick. We both lost smell. Here we are like 4 months later and in have tons of post covid syndrome symptoms and issues which once even drove me to the ER...non-breathing related, also still no smell. Her...just fine. Literally after about 3 weeks her smell was back and she is normal as can be.

Just a heads up results might not be logical lol!
edit on 7-4-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
c.tenor.com...

Hope everyone is all right in the end, but keep us posted, it will be kind of an interesting little study.

edit on 7-4-2021 by hessteez because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

- My son's friend often wakes at night and tugs himself in with his mother, including the last 3 days. This is interesting because of the very close proximity for a prolonged period. Supposedly kids are less receptible, but I would expect him to having been infected.

(

Yeah.... okay..... Maybe I have this wrong. Is this a thing in America. "tugs himself in with his mother" Only asking what the term "tugs" (apart from a vessel) means in this aspect.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
A work colleague slept with his wife all the time she had covid and never caught it.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

(

Yeah.... okay..... Maybe I have this wrong. Is this a thing in America. "tugs himself in with his mother" Only asking what the term "tugs" (apart from a vessel) means in this aspect.

Kind regards,

Bally

Sorry... non english native here
I guess it's spelled "tuck".

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wauw... and these are probably just the ones who wanted to be open about it or was found by the poster.
Look at the age spread and across all vaccines.
Taking my chances with the virus... I've won before, I'll win again.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

All I know is my immune system is amazing and I rarely even catch a cold...bacteria is about all I deal with health wise. My wife not so much mostly due to some health factors out of her control. We both had covid within days of each other. She was dying for about a week...like I had to do everything for her. Me I get a headache sore neck and that taste in my throat you get when your sick. We both lost smell. Here we are like 4 months later and in have tons of post covid syndrome symptoms and issues which once even drove me to the ER...non-breathing related, also still no smell. Her...just fine. Literally after about 3 weeks her smell was back and she is normal as can be.

Just a heads up results might not be logical lol!

Yes, that's the weird thing about it. I really would love for someone to say "we know what determines infection now!". Just look at the large scale as well... Brazil going down hill, but other countries managing ok. What's the determining factor in all this.
My ex has a colleague and apparently she also got sick, but her husband didn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Pft, didn't her doctors get the memo that Covid is a hoax?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Same here...I ain't dead and I have antibodies now...I don't need help with my natural functions for something which didn't try to kill me the first time.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   

She'll be fine. It's the flu. I watched a rerun of an old program where the flu was going round and back then they made jokes about it and still went ahead as normal.
Like with measels too.

Not saying catching any flu is fun, it isn't. The most important thing is bed rest and liquids. How on earth is this lady able to go to the hospital to have her kids tested?
How about staying away from people?
As for the kids, they won't even get symptoms and neither will any of their friends.

We would have put this down as a mild flu back then, despite probably thousands of deaths, because this is how nature works and the reason our immune system is so amazing.

Does nobody see how crazily overreactive all this is?
Wash your hands, stay at home when ill and cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. The end.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Who'd of thought all it would take is a totalitarian comunist country to put out the propaganda...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would suggest that the boy stops tugging himself during this period. Having lived through this awful disease, I know first hand that the body needs to conserve as much energy as possible. I have a friend who finds it very difficult to stop tugging and after catching COVID ended up in hospital no doubt due to the constant strain he was putting on his body.

I believe this virus can be spread through bodily fluids therefore I have contacted my local MP with a design for a phallic mask which I believe should be implemented for those who refuse to stop tugging when infected. The masks will of course come in a number of sizes and will even be suitable for asthmatics who are notorious tuggers.
edit on 7-4-2021 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

- His older brothers are more independent and will that small difference have an impact on infection?

Just one curious thought I had while reading your OP....

Regardless of whether or not any of the boys test positive, I'm wondering if she had been preparing most of their meals for them over the past few days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join