It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration to Pay $9000 Dollars Retroactively for Every Covid-19 Related Death.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Not to put words in someone else's mouth, but pretty sure he/she means the gov't would have to cut spending to offset the reduction in tax income, not that the money would be made up in other ways.

Say I own a business. It costs me $50 worth of materials to sell a $100 piece and also costs $25 for the labor/expenses to make it. $25 profit yay me. New president gets elected and raises business taxes. Those materials now cost me $55 because my suppliers raised their prices and my labor/expenses now costs me $30. Now I'm only making $15 profit unless I also raise my prices.

That's what he means by saying the customer, not the business, pay those taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Regardless of the Biden Administration's motivation, this financial assistance from the U.S. Treasury will be a welcome reimbursement to hundreds of thousands of families.

The Biden administration next week will launch a funeral assistance program that will provide up to $9,000 to cover the burial costs of each American who died of covid-19 — the largest program of its type ever offered by the federal government.

The program is open to families regardless of their income, as long as they show documentation and have not already received similar benefits through another program.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has reimbursed burial costs before, but it has never offered as large a payment to so many people. In 2017, for example, FEMA paid $2.6 million to 976 people for funeral costs of victims of three hurricanes — an average of $2,664 per applicant.

But the novel coronavirus’s immense toll means a burial assistance program of an unprecedented scale is now being assembled. More than 557,000 Americans have died of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Because the number of people who will be eligible is not known, neither is the program’s ultimate cost — but it will easily be several billion dollars. FEMA is setting up a dedicated toll-free hotline — 1-844-684-6333 — and a call center to answer questions about the program and take applications starting Monday, April 12.

“Although we cannot change what has happened, we affirm our commitment to help with funeral and burial expenses that many families did not anticipate,” acting FEMA administrator Bob Fenton said in a statement.
Source w/more at: www.washingtonpost.com...

The $9,000 payment/reimbursement will cover most or all of the cost of putting a loved-one to rest, depending on how elaborate the funeral, and the location.

Hopefully, the Biden Administration will attempt to recover some of the Trillions of dollars Covid-19 has cost the U.S.A., from China.

-CareWeMust
hmmm... this kind of seems like when a company doesn’t want you to sue so they provide a small payment and require a signature with some fine print...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: tanstaafl
Can you explain (in a little detail) how your proposed zero corporate and business tax rate would work?

Sure...

There would be no tax on any business or corporation.

Is that enough detail for you?

Would the states and IRS send each tax payer a bill for the revenue they are no longer getting from the corporations, or would it be just the consumers of each type of product those companies sell who would get the bill?

I am opposed to all forms of taxation, seeing as taxation is simply legalized theft.

However, I understand that there is zero chance of what I would propose as the only rational solution ever being seriously considered, but the fact is, there are a lot of alternatives that would work much, much better than the current system... from a simple flat income tax, to what in my opinion would be the least offensive, a simple federal Sales tax on anything not classified as a 'basic human necessity', like, food, clothing, etc.

In any event, the IRS needs to go the way of the Dodo, along with the insane beurocracy and leech-economy (need for an army of accountants just to deal with the tax laws) that has grown up around it.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: peter_kandra

Not to put words in someone else's mouth, but pretty sure he/she means the gov't would have to cut spending to offset the reduction in tax income, not that the money would be made up in other ways.

Say I own a business. It costs me $50 worth of materials to sell a $100 piece and also costs $25 for the labor/expenses to make it. $25 profit yay me. New president gets elected and raises business taxes. Those materials now cost me $55 because my suppliers raised their prices and my labor/expenses now costs me $30. Now I'm only making $15 profit unless I also raise my prices.

That's what he means by saying the customer, not the business, pay those taxes.

Yes, I get that, in the perspective that the company is just passing through the tax money from the consumer to the government. We all know the government isn't going to cut spending though, and prices have an upper limit that they can be raised to.

My main argument was that you're being portrayed as not proactively planning for that $10 reduction in profit and I don't believe it's that simple. There's many variables involved and plenty of small business owners don't have the planning and forecasting capacity of a Fortune 500 company.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tanstaafl
Can you explain (in a little detail) how your proposed zero corporate and business tax rate would work?

Sure...

There would be no tax on any business or corporation.

Is that enough detail for you?

Would the states and IRS send each tax payer a bill for the revenue they are no longer getting from the corporations, or would it be just the consumers of each type of product those companies sell who would get the bill?

I am opposed to all forms of taxation, seeing as taxation is simply legalized theft.

However, I understand that there is zero chance of what I would propose as the only rational solution ever being seriously considered, but the fact is, there are a lot of alternatives that would work much, much better than the current system... from a simple flat income tax, to what in my opinion would be the least offensive, a simple federal Sales tax on anything not classified as a 'basic human necessity', like, food, clothing, etc.

In any event, the IRS needs to go the way of the Dodo, along with the insane beurocracy and leech-economy (need for an army of accountants just to deal with the tax laws) that has grown up around it.

Holy Sh!t. We agree! Yes, a flat tax would be the least offensive, but you'll get the argument from people that it affects "rich" people less because they will still have much higher net earnings.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Holy Sh!t. We agree!

Apparently not, because...

Yes, a flat tax would be the least offensive,

That is not what I said - I said the Sales Tax would be least offensive, as long as it exempted all items necessary to sustaining human life (food, clothes, etc).

This means, those who consume the most in excess of what is needed purely to sustain life, pay the most tax.

Those who merely consume what is necessary to sustain life, don't pay any tax.

but you'll get the argument from people that it affects "rich" people less because they will still have much higher net earnings.

Yes, I know the ridiculous arguments.

But, I can do maths...

10% of $20,000 is $2,000

10% of $100,000 is $20,000

10% of $1,000,000 is $100,000

So, the more one earns, the more one pays, yet all pay the same percentage. What could be more fair?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If these Vaccine-related hospitalizations and deaths begin occurring in the USA, Joe Biden's people had better ramp up the speed of the $$$$ printing presses.

Two Vaccine Doses = Big Problems in the U.K.: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
You're kidding?

Did the new administration get a new printing press?
Are they going to start paying families for deaths for all other diseases?

Who is supposed to pay for all this?

Nope just the old one running full steam. They have never hid this fact either. Unfortunately what many people don't understand it's diminishing everyone's sweat equity here, and money they have saved if any. It could cost $100,000 for a loaf of bread, if they keep this up.

Here's a reminder for everyone listen very carefully. Greenspan from 2011. I still laugh my @ss off watching the guys face to the right of Greenspan, when he makes his historical comment.

edit on 10-4-2021 by Realtruth because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join