It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Parable of the Chicken Rancher and the Fox; or Why We Are Screwed

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To what shall I compare the kingdom of man?

The kingdom of man is like unto a chicken rancher who had a large hen house full of prime laying hens. He had a problem, however, with snakes and raccoons getting into his hen house, eating eggs and killing his hens. He sought out a solution to his dilema and was told that there are certain dogs that can be trained to protect livestock, including chickens. These dogs, if properly trained, will not harm the livestock, but will protect them from any predators - like snakes and 'coons - that would do them harm.

This farmer investigated the possibility of using such a dog, but there were many costs and responsibilities attached to such an undertaking. First, a good guard dog didn't come cheap; there was a hefty up-front cost associated with the acquisition of such an animal, a cost that the farmer - being something of a tight-wad - wasn't keen on paying. Next, training the dog to particularly care for chickens would prove to be a bit time consuming and even costly if done right. The farmer was stupid and lazy and wished to spend neither his time nor his money on training a dog to do what he needed done. Lastly, there was the matter of upkeep. Such a dog would need a healthy diet, which would mean purchasing good food and feeding on a regular schedule. Again, more cost and responsibility than he cared for, and the farmer - being something of a stupid, lazy slob - just couldn't see the benefit.

"That's all too much trouble and too much cost," said the farmer, "there must be a better, easier way." So, the farmer thought in his slow, stupid way, and thought and thought and decided that a fox could do the same job with less effort on his part.

>Foxes are free to acquire; one just need set a trap and catch a wild one.
>Foxes don't need training; they kill raccoons and snakes out of natural instinct.
>Foxes are not picky eaters and can mostly find their own food.

So, the farmer set a trap and caught himself a fox. It didn't take long and it required nothing more than the trap (which he already had) and a bit of bait. He put the fox in the hen house on the afternoon of the day he caught it. The farmer clearly explained to the fox what he expected of him, that the fox was to care for the farmer's chickens and keep the hen house secure. He explained to the fox that the farmer's livelihood depended on the fox's honestly and care. The fox smiled and assured the farmer that he'd do his best.

Next morning the farmer went out to the hen house. The hens - Would you believe it? - were all dead. There was chicken blood and feathers everywhere. Worst of all, the fox was sitting in the corner of the hen house all fat and sassy with a big grin on his face, and he'd let in a crowd of his fox buddies who were just as fat and sassy as he was. As the farmer angrily approached the foxes, big stick in hand, he started to say some very strong words to them. He blamed the whole mess on them and told them they were bad foxes.

The entire skulk attacked the farmer and ripped him to shreds.

This why we are screwed. If you don't get it (some folks are that slow), the electorate is the farmer. The foxes are the politicians that the electorate has put into office. The hens are the welfare of the people that the politicians were elected to look after.

We are where we are not because of the failure of the politicians. In my parable, no one would blame the foxes for doing what foxes do; the fool is the farmer and all the blame belongs to him.

I really just don't care anymore. I think it's all going to really suck, but I fear that foxes are running the show because the electorate just didn't care enough.
:
edit on 2021 4 06 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Quite simply put. I applauded you however I have felt this way about our republic since I was about 16 and understood how it works. I will be 54 in a few months.

Nothing new just feels like it's is all coming to a head. The speed of our decline is neckbreaking!

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

Quite simply put. I applauded you however I have felt this way about our republic since I was about 16 and understood how it works. I will be 54 in a few months.

Nothing new just feels like it's is all coming to a head. The speed of our decline is neckbreaking!

The farmer finally came out of the farm house and looked into the hen house. He didn't like what he saw, but the foxes control everything now.
edit on 2021 4 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

a reply to: [post=25835098]incoserv

The farmer finally came out of the farm house and looked into the hen house. He didn't like what he saw, but the foxes control everything now.

Sure seems to be the way it appears these days. Farmer needs a 12 gauge. But that won't happen.
Cause the foxes hid all the shells!
edit on 4/6/2021 by americanbuffalo1 because: further thought

edit on 4/6/2021 by americanbuffalo1 because: deal

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=25835098]incoserv

Sure seems to be the way it appears these days. Farmer needs a 12 gauge. But that won't happen.

Farmer has a little stick and a lot of really, really harsh words for the foxes. And he's pretty sure that somebody is going to come riding in on a white horse at the last moment and drain the swamp - uh, I mean the hen house - of the foxes.

Keep swinging that little stick, Mr. Farmer, and keep talking about how bad those foxes are.

Word is that the foxes are getting together to take the farmer's guns away, any how, because - you know - the farmer can't be trusted with guns.
edit on 2021 4 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Of course! Make sure it doesn't affect the snakes and raccoons ability to use guns. Can't let the poor farmer off that easily.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

After the farmer was incapable of paying the farm mortgage, because there was no more selling eggs :
did the real owners of the farm show-up, and kick him out ?

Personally don't believe that the foxes are in charge of anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
S+F

September 2011 the people occupied wall street in protest of increasing wealth inequality. They did so nonviolently. The rich sat on balconies and drank wine, and laughed at them. The people eventually grew tired of being hungry and cold in the streets and went home.

January 2021 the people occupied the capitol building and gained entry to the house chamber where our corrupt lawmakers were. They did so nonviolently. The lawmakers gasped in horror and accused them of trying to kill everyone, and the MSM has relentlessly assaulted the character of anyone who dares to question the fraudulent election. The people gave up and went home.

Will the people strike out a third time? Will they plan another nonviolent protest and then give up and go home when it inevitably fails to accomplish anything?

John F Kennedy had something to say about this.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"

IMO

The people are going to give up and go home again. The modern day American people have done nothing to suggest to me they are capable of fighting the good fight. Lazy asses one and all.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The farmer needs an event and foxes will become pelts.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We have chickens, ducks and guinea fowl... we also have dogs, but the dogs aren't here to protect the birds.

The dogs protect us. We protect our flock, and our livestock with firearms.

The only fox in our equation, is the one that gets shot. That goes for any predator that attacks our property... mountain lions, bears, bobcats, wolves, liberals or coyotes...

Far more of us farmers rely on firearms, than we do on dogs. There are a lot of farmers in this country with firearms... the foxes aren't happy.

We aren't screwed yet... so long as the farmers keep their firearms...

edit on 6-4-2021 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me do it

edit on 6-4-2021 by madmac5150 because: A fox is a dog on cat software...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Consensus of the time creates our reality we live in. That consensus now seems to be leaning toward properly done deceit is acceptable. Let the buyer beware and if something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have chickens, ducks and guinea fowl... we also have dogs, but the dogs aren't here to protect the birds.

You are a good farmer. Those are few and far between. Particularly as applies to my parable.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
S+F

IMO

The people are going to give up and go home again. The modern day American people have done nothing to suggest to me they are capable of fighting the good fight. Lazy asses one and all.

Thank you. And, sadly, I fear you may be correct.

As long as there is something - be it ever so crappy - to distract us on the toob, some highly caffeinated, artificially sweetened fizzy beverage in the fridge and some chemical compound masquerading as food to choke down, most people seem content to just be stupid sheep.

My own son told me, a while back, "I don't need to think for myself." Perhaps the most heartbreaking moment of my life. I didn't teach him that.

(post by dug88 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

You are a good farmer. Those are few and far between. Particularly as applies to my parable.

Being a good farmer requires vigilance. We live on the razor's edge here in the N. Rockies. The moment our horses, goats or birds let us know that there is a threat, we are on it. If our neighbors call and advise of us of a threat... we are on that as well.

If there is a fox in the area... we all know about it.

We rely on the dogs to let us know if something is close... then we deal with that "something".

We have a fortune invested in our dogs... both monetary, and emotional. Our dogs are our family...We do not put them in harm's way... ammunition is far cheaper.

edit on 6-4-2021 by madmac5150 because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The hens are dead. The foxes have the farmers under hypnosis and under close surveillance. Farmers still have teeth and a constitutional right to undo what’s been done, but like boiled frogs will be. How to wake up and deal with foxes all around you. I have an idea it’ll be when we hear them laughing that they’re coming for the guns. The women and children will be next. Hens are all gone.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Changed my mind
edit on 7-4-2021 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringercompanion

Realistically we’re finished. Farms were handed down to a generation undeserving and apathetic. All the guns will soon lie in state, rusted and useless as the idiocracy abounds. Too busy ‘batin, or gaming

new topics

top topics

join