It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

533 Million Facebook Users’ Personal Data leaked Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Have you heard about this? I thought I did but no one on ATS ever wrote about it. Supposedly this happened in January. But over here is sleepy USA we hear nothing and write nothing. All the real stuff is ongoing in the background

Well I am not on Facebook. My wife is so who knows about her stuff. I am also not on Twitter. Has anyone noticed that Twitter has really gone rouge since last November 2020. So what happened? Twitter hired a spook. MUDGE is his middle name. Look it up as this thread isn't about him.

So Facebook now gets hacked. That must be an international breech as we only have a total population of 330 million in USA and not all use or own a computer.

533 million Facebook users’ personal data leaked online

Information belonging to approximately 533 million Facebook users has leaked online in recent days, according to security researcher Alon Gal, raising concerns about a spike in scams targeting vulnerable Facebook users. The data, which comes from people from over 100 countries, includes users’ phone numbers, email addresses, full names, birthdates and location, among other identifiers, according to Insider, which first reported the news. The dataset includes 32 million records for users in the U.S. The existence of the leak was first reported by Motherboard in January. Facebook users’ personal data was available for sale online then — criminals could pay a couple of dollars to a Telegram bot in order to gain access to Facebook users’ phone numbers. Now, a suspected cybercriminal has posted the data to a hacking forum, free of charge.

Oh well, just anther day of crimes against humanity.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There's not much here because it actually happened in 2019.

Plus I bet people here mostly don't have Facebook.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lmao fakebook. People still use that crap?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yup. My name, address, and phone number have been hacked as well. In the phone book every year. My birthdate/age? Trivial to find on the Internet. How much do I make? You can tell from my neighborhood, more or less. All this stuff is easily available to anyone, facebook or no.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Is this the one with the phone numbers? As far as I know, it was anyone.who had 'search by phone number' enabled on their account who was part of the breach.

Also...in case anyone wanted to see if they're part of it...

siasky.net...

skydrain.net...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Have you heard about this? I thought I did but no one on ATS ever wrote about it. Supposedly this happened in January. But over here is sleepy USA we hear nothing and write nothing. All the real stuff is ongoing in the background

Well I am not on Facebook. My wife is so who knows about her stuff. I am also not on Twitter. Has anyone noticed that Twitter has really gone rouge since last November 2020. So what happened? Twitter hired a spook. MUDGE is his middle name. Look it up as this thread isn't about him.

So Facebook now gets hacked. That must be an international breech as we only have a total population of 330 million in USA and not all use or own a computer.

533 million Facebook users’ personal data leaked online

Information belonging to approximately 533 million Facebook users has leaked online in recent days, according to security researcher Alon Gal, raising concerns about a spike in scams targeting vulnerable Facebook users. The data, which comes from people from over 100 countries, includes users’ phone numbers, email addresses, full names, birthdates and location, among other identifiers, according to Insider, which first reported the news. The dataset includes 32 million records for users in the U.S. The existence of the leak was first reported by Motherboard in January. Facebook users’ personal data was available for sale online then — criminals could pay a couple of dollars to a Telegram bot in order to gain access to Facebook users’ phone numbers. Now, a suspected cybercriminal has posted the data to a hacking forum, free of charge.

Oh well, just anther day of crimes against humanity.

At least an ethical hacker made it freely available.

It at least prevents face off from selling the data and making bank off the plebes.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I did not put my real birthdate on Facebook, but noticed that some sites had my birthdate years ago, they also had my mothers maiden name. I have no idea where these sites got my mothers maiden name from, I never entered her correct name on anything online.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I divorced my 1st wife 20 years ago yet still get mail addressed to her at my 3rd residence; post divorce. I wonder whether her employment at the USPS has anything ti do with it.

It really pisses me off. Same for my current wife.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Lmao fakebook. People still use that crap?

It's not crap for me. I stay in touch with friends and family throughout the U.S. and other Countries, have made some new friends, follow groups on Nature, art, funny things etc.

My own page has no politics, just inspiring, interesting, beautiful, fun and humorous things.

new topics

top topics

join