It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geatz blackmailer admits to the money part

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: network dude

First off all, I appreciate that you were clear this doesn't take away from the allegations against him. Very stand up of you and all that.

Since there looks to be criminal wrongdoing by all parties involved, hopefully it warrants a real investigation, and all guilty, including extortion ass hats get what's coming to them.

If you know someone is doing sketchy sh** with kids, than the only honorable thing to shoot them.

FTFY.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What a crazy ass story this is. Where did this alleged conduct take place? Cuz DC is 16. Which doesnt surprise me. Shocked it aint 10....or less there.

Honestly, that shouldn't be the barrier.

Any man in his 30s willing to do anything sexual with an underage person is a mentally broken predator. I'm 36 and find it less than ethical to be with anyone younger than 25.

It's an OT side-note, but personal tastes really don't count as a good basis to apply as a blanket approach to others, because people are far too varied on both ends of that age gap to write everyone off with. Including me.

No offense, but I'm 36, and you're just too young for me to ever consider in a sexual manner. It does not matter how smokin' hot or financially loaded some young thang is, I'm not interested because he's not old enough to interest me. Edit: Salt to wounds maybe here, but I want to point out this is my perception taking primal attraction into account, because if something does not do it for me on a primal level, it's never going to happen anyway.

My husband and I met when I was 20, and he 33, relationship total is 17 years this year/15 year anniversary come summer. I really never saw the appeal of my age group at 20, and I still don't see the appeal in my same-aged peers today. Look, I'm sorry to kick low but honesty does count - they are still turn-offs. And probably always will be. Y'all are default friend-zoned, sorry but not sorry here

edit on 4/6/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm not suggesting we make my preferences law.

I am suggesting that a man in his 30s trying to get with kids is supposed to be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm not suggesting we make my preferences law.

I am suggesting that a man in his 30s trying to get with kids is supposed to be a bad thing.

Yeah but dude, who rules supreme? Federal consent law that says 16? Scratch that one, I think I mixed up one of the underage protection laws with this. Or play it by ear and go state-by-state instead? Because some of those state laws are going to surprise you. Then beyond that, it can even vary by fricking civil or criminal law type. In other words, even the LAW didn't agree.

So where do we go from that hot mess? It's CLEAR this country does not agree on what the age of consent should be, so Is it a federal domain, or a state's rights one? Who ultimately decides if 16 is really old enough for the AoC to apply?
edit on 4/6/2021 by Nyiah because: typos

edit on 4/6/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think it is prudent to realize at the individual level what those who are significantly younger than us should typically be able to handle. My place in life is light years away from the VAST majority of 16-25 year-olds. So why would I operate sexually in that cohort?

I think we know enough about the development of an individual to set some kind of personal ethical standards.

I don't have the time or inclination to tell others what to believe. All I can tell you is what I believe based on what I know and what I have experienced.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
No.

Yes.

I like fully developed humans with enough life experience to be able to relate to.

Irrelevant - but good for you.

Yes it does matter how big the age gap is. There is nothing but predatory intent if a 38-year-old man is trying to get with teenagers

Maybe to you and I - but it is still legal.

As to 'predatory intent' - sorry, but that is meaningless gobbledygook. Who knows how they met, or what the intent was? Maybe the girl lied about her age? I have known 15 yr old girls that I would have sworn were 25 if I'd have met them on the street. I've also know 25 yr olds that I wouldn't have been surprised if they were still in grade school.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're missing my point, I already walked from the May-December debate, because we're already at odds on May-Decembers as it is, so personal defenses going up is NOT going to help answer what I asked.

Should the age of consent be left up to states, or the federal government? Reasons for the boinking do not matter here, the question is not that, it's who has the right to set the minimum age -- state, or fed? That's it, all you gotta focus on here to try to fix something you think is broken (or that's the impression I get for AoC laws from you anyway)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Dalamax

It is fair to say I'm bias, but that bias is against both parties.

I'm not going after him purely because he's a republican... I think he should be removed if this is proven because he's clearly morally bankrupt if he thinks he can touch kids as a public figure.

I'm sure there are times I'm hypocritical, but I can't recall a time I've defended a politician for messing around with underage girls. What I do find hypocritical though is how people from both parties will go after politicians for sexual misconduct with adults, sometimes even consentual just extramarital, but defend their guy with fake news or "technically its legal". I didn't say the guy should go to jail,I said he shouldn't represent us. We all hold employees at place of work higher than the bar of legality.

I'm going to have to side with you on this for the main reason that he is a public representative. If it's found he screwed a 17 year old kid, I'll say he made a large mistake and needs to go. But before that happens, remember, we need there to be a 17 year old kid whom he screwed, not just the accusation.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think it prudent to address the underlying reasons we make these laws to begin with. We need to occasionally revisit the reasoning and purpose behind these laws to evaluate whether we are doing the right thing, whether our approach to what consent actually means is the correct one, and avoid the creation of circumstances that legalize the victimization of children.

The federal government has an interest in this as far as child sex trafficking is concerned across state and international borders. But they do not have the authority to mandate any such laws. States should definitely be handling it. But I would urge states to review whether the consent laws they have on the books are setting a standard of abuse.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Which is why I made sure to include allegedly as an operative word.

On an opinion level, it looks like the guy did something he shouldn't have. The actions and language seem to point to such, primarily extortion being the key term instead of libel.

But, if we've learned anything these past few years, it's that the world is bat s*** now, and the only time I'm surprised is when I'm not... A cyclical paradox.

As far as legality, unless they really wanted to come down on hum hard for (allegedly) bringing her out of state, he's probably safe in that department... But I truly believe anyone who lacks self awareness so much that they think they can just take a girl to another state where its legal to do whatever only to come back and operate in full public view as their representative.... He wouldn't think twice on screwing us and everyone else while he is making decisions on our behalf.

If you can't trust your teenage daughter with someone, you can't trust your state/country with them. Seems simple enough to me. There are lines, if someone is willing to cross one of the grossest ones, I can't imagine they can even see the rest of them.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Levinson was officially declared dead on March 25th last year. For the US government, and by extension the FBI, there's no one to find. As no body has ever been produced though there's many in the intelligence community that believe he's still alive.

This money was supposedly going to go towards an independently funded rescue operation. According to the accused blackmailers they told Gaetz' father that if he helped fund the operation it would reflect well on Gaetz, who they had heard had legal trouble coming his way.

That's the extent of the "blackmail." No claims that they would make anything disappear or anything like that. At least that's according to the accused.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Except in the state of Florida the age of consent is a solid 18. They do have a Romeo & Juliet clause but even then sex with a minor is still a crime. You just may not end up on the sex offender registry.

If it can be shown that Gaetz had a sexual encounter with the same 17 year old girl that led to Greenberg being charged with sex trafficking of a minor, then Gaetz is going to prison and he won't be able to live near any schools or playgrounds once he gets out.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If he gets out.

If he is found to have committed a crime involving minors then I hope he gets the standard prison treatment.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The point of my comment was that said contact would be illegal in Florida, but not DC.

Kinda gross, yeah.

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Levinson was officially declared dead on March 25th last year. For the US government, and by extension the FBI, there's no one to find. As no body has ever been produced though there's many in the intelligence community that believe he's still alive.

This money was supposedly going to go towards an independently funded rescue operation. According to the accused blackmailers they told Gaetz' father that if he helped fund the operation it would reflect well on Gaetz, who they had heard had legal trouble coming his way.

That's the extent of the "blackmail." No claims that they would make anything disappear or anything like that. At least that's according to the accused.

that doesn't sound strange at all, now that you explained it like that........

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Except in the state of Florida the age of consent is a solid 18.
If it can be shown that Gaetz had a sexual encounter with the same 17 year old girl that led to Greenberg being charged with sex trafficking of a minor, then Gaetz is going to prison and he won't be able to live near any schools or playgrounds once he gets out.

If. He has denied it, so, we'll see. But I agree, if 18 is the age of consent in Fla, and this happened in Fla (did it? or was it in DC?), and it can be proven, then yeah, he's in trouble, and deservedly so.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that doesn't sound strange at all, now that you explained it like that........

If you think that is weird look up Deripaska, Russian oligarch involved in the Manafort stuff who they used this exact same scam on, 25million to help find Levinson. They've been milking this 'find Levinson' thing for awhile now. Scott Adams creator of Dilbert also released text messages from Jake Novak (media officer for NYC Isralie consulate) which point to him being behind this. He claimed that the 25 million number was an 'initial estimate' and that it wasn't extortion(lol). Scott Adams didn't believe any of this and released all his texts with Novak. I'll see if I can find the texts. Now the question is does Gaetz really have blackmail on him? If Gaetz had paid the extortion bribe would they have made it go away? If this all happened before with Deripaska, what blackmail did they have on him? How many times have they extorted politicians and dropped investigations? Gaetz refusing to pay was definitely the best option as now we'll get some kind of investigation.

edit on 7-4-2021 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Bob Kent, one of the men Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., claims was behind an extortion attempt in connection with allegations of sexual misconduct involving underage girls, admits that he asked Gaetz’s father for $25 million — but insists it was not extortion.

In an interview on SiriusXM’s The Michael Smerconish Program Monday, Kent said he needed money to help locate missing FBI agent Robert Levinson and he had heard that Gaetz was under investigation, so he saw an opportunity that could be mutually beneficial.

This doesn't clear Matt in any way with regard to the 17 year old issue, but it does offer credibility to his rendition of the story where his father was asked to pay $25 mil in exchange for "good publicity" for Matt.

It's still looking like a setup. Investigate everything, and distribute justice equally to all the guilty parties. ALL of them.
Bring back integrity. It's been missing in action for quite some time.

I'm conservative...very conservative.
While he may be being extorted for his crimes I'm pretty sure he committed those crimes.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oathkeeper73

Today's update is that he supposedly asked Trump for a blanket pardon. Which is clearly something an innocent man does.

The more interesting part of this latest development is that he asked for the pardon for himself and other members of Congress. So this rabbit hole may go deeper than just Gaetz and Greenberg.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

www.foxnews.com...

Bob Kent, one of the men Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., claims was behind an extortion attempt in connection with allegations of sexual misconduct involving underage girls, admits that he asked Gaetz’s father for $25 million — but insists it was not extortion.

In an interview on SiriusXM’s The Michael Smerconish Program Monday, Kent said he needed money to help locate missing FBI agent Robert Levinson and he had heard that Gaetz was under investigation, so he saw an opportunity that could be mutually beneficial.

This doesn't clear Matt in any way with regard to the 17 year old issue, but it does offer credibility to his rendition of the story where his father was asked to pay $25 mil in exchange for "good publicity" for Matt.

It's still looking like a setup. Investigate everything, and distribute justice equally to all the guilty parties. ALL of them.
Bring back integrity. It's been missing in action for quite some time.

I'm conservative...very conservative.
While he may be being extorted for his crimes I'm pretty sure he committed those crimes.

I have no proof that he didn't, but then that's not how our system works. Do you have proof that he did?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join