It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geatz blackmailer admits to the money part

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Bob Kent, one of the men Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., claims was behind an extortion attempt in connection with allegations of sexual misconduct involving underage girls, admits that he asked Gaetz’s father for $25 million — but insists it was not extortion.

In an interview on SiriusXM’s The Michael Smerconish Program Monday, Kent said he needed money to help locate missing FBI agent Robert Levinson and he had heard that Gaetz was under investigation, so he saw an opportunity that could be mutually beneficial.

This doesn't clear Matt in any way with regard to the 17 year old issue, but it does offer credibility to his rendition of the story where his father was asked to pay $25 mil in exchange for "good publicity" for Matt.

It's still looking like a setup. Investigate everything, and distribute justice equally to all the guilty parties. ALL of them.
Bring back integrity. It's been missing in action for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What a crazy ass story this is. Where did this alleged conduct take place? Cuz DC is 16. Which doesnt surprise me. Shocked it aint 10....or less there.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

First off all, I appreciate that you were clear this doesn't take away from the allegations against him. Very stand up of you and all that.

Since there looks to be criminal wrongdoing by all parties involved, hopefully it warrants a real investigation, and all guilty, including extortion ass hats get what's coming to them.

If you know someone is doing sketchy sh** with kids, than the only honorable thing to do is say something. Whether or not she was above the age in the state in which this (allegedly) occurred doesn't absolve him of anything IMO. He's a representive in the capacity of the government. Do we want people like that representing us? And dissecting true enforceable legalities aside, someone doesn't have to break the law to be fired.

Not a damn soul will be taken seriously in politics till we get some semblance of consistency in how we apply expectations. We're all at a crossroads, and while I know we can't forget how crazy everyone has been the past few decades, I think it would behoove us to look forward. We're at a make or break moment... Even a few years ago I would have said it would be hard for us to put ourselves on a good path, right now it will take elite awareness from citizens and government employees to reconcile the situation we're in.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Why would anyone need money to locate an FBI agent? And why 25 million? Why not a million? Or 40 million? Why specifically 25 million?

So strange.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

First off all, I appreciate that you were clear this doesn't take away from the allegations against him. Very stand up of you and all that.

Since there looks to be criminal wrongdoing by all parties involved, hopefully it warrants a real investigation, and all guilty, including extortion ass hats get what's coming to them.

If you know someone is doing sketchy sh** with kids, than the only honorable thing to do is say something. Whether or not she was above the age in the state in which this (allegedly) occurred doesn't absolve him of anything IMO. He's a representive in the capacity of the government. Do we want people like that representing us? And dissecting true enforceable legalities aside, someone doesn't have to break the law to be fired.

Not a damn soul will be taken seriously in politics till we get some semblance of consistency in how we apply expectations. We're all at a crossroads, and while I know we can't forget how crazy everyone has been the past few decades, I think it would behoove us to look forward. We're at a make or break moment... Even a few years ago I would have said it would be hard for us to put ourselves on a good path, right now it will take elite awareness from citizens and government employees to reconcile the situation we're in.

At this point, I'm thinking flushing the toilet and ridding the system of all it's turds is the only way forward. enact term limits, elect normal, working class folk for 4-6 year terms and put a nice bag limit on lobbyists. I'd say 4 per year, plus a bonus anterless choice. Our system is corrupted and only going to get worse. But while Geatz may be guilty of something, it has yet to even be charged by officials. And smearing someone's reputation is par for the course in DC. So I'll wait for facts to come out before I pile on.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

one would think the FBI would have an interest in finding one of their own who has been MIA for years.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Personal accountability and employee accountability.

Two simple and old concepts that would work wonders.

Politicians are a problem, but I think they're more of a symptom of societal problems.

To your points, I think they're great first steps for creating boundaries to ensure the equations self cleans out some of the problems.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Maybe he is being held against his will in another country.

Like Iran with a 25million dollar pricetag on his life.

You know the government claims they dont make deals with terrorists or pay ransom.

Just a thought I was pondering as I was reading through.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

one would think the FBI would have an interest in finding one of their own who has been MIA for years.

And if the FBI doesn’t want the person found, your probably not going to find them. Or be allowed to broadcast you found them.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well I certainly didn't see any of that coming, I thought it was far too crazy to be true. I guess the iranian hostages days are numbered then.

I don't see how a 'mutually beneficial payment of £25m' to help with public perception management during the Gaetz investigation is anything other than extortion. Agreed it needs a thorough investigation as this is some really dodgy behaviour and Levinson's family had been informed he was dead a few years back.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Personally I can care less about Geatz, not my State, and I'm not a big FOX watcher where he seems to show up now and then. If he had a relationship with a 17 year-old then he can pay the price though it is not pedophilia so who knows what the end punishment would be, or how future voters take it all. It is legal for a 23 year-old to have sex with a 17 year-old, but not a 38 year-old as example...

It seems he has not been charged with anything and the whole 25 million was towards a small connection he might have had with Greenberg and this Kent guy saw it as a opportunity... We don't even know if there is a girl yet in the mix as that would be the only way they could prove sexual relationship for her to come forward, but it seems that hasn't happen and it is all just the loose connection to Greenburg.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

In an interview on SiriusXM’s The Michael Smerconish Program Monday, Kent said he needed money to help locate missing FBI agent Robert Levinson and he had heard that Gaetz was under investigation, so he saw an opportunity that could be mutually beneficial.

What does "and he had heard that Gaetz was under investigation, so he saw an opportunity that could be mutually beneficial" mean? I can't see any legitimate interpretation of that statement. Am I missing something?

edit on 6/4/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What a crazy ass story this is. Where did this alleged conduct take place? Cuz DC is 16. Which doesnt surprise me. Shocked it aint 10....or less there.

Honestly, that shouldn't be the barrier.

Any man in his 30s willing to do anything sexual with an underage person is a mentally broken predator. I'm 36 and find it less than ethical to be with anyone younger than 25.

This *whole thing is creepy. I have to wonder if there would be any extortion if not for the presence of something that Matt Geatz could be extorted with.
edit on 4 6 2021 by projectvxn because: *changed 'who' to "whole".

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Bob Kent, one of the men Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., claims was behind an extortion attempt in connection with allegations of sexual misconduct involving underage girls, admits that he asked Gaetz’s father for $25 million — but insists it was not extortion.

www.foxnews.com...

A prime example of newspeak.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Dude. Your going to have to put most of your political personalities to the sword, some you’ll have to burn at the stake, if you think this feller having relations with a 17 yr old (if the age of consent is 16) is deserving of him being fired for bringing politics into disrepute.
Geez. If your country actioned your suggestion then the postmaster general would be president by now.

Actually, upon reflection, I’m for it not agin it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not less ethical. It’s just 25 year olds seem like the 14 year olds I remember when I was 25. Barely out of swaddling and about as sexually attractive as spit in milk.
In fact it is unfortunately common, in my line of work, for me to talk to 30+ year olds who still act like they are adolescent and vying for school yard dominance during little lunch.

But to each their own.

If he hasn’t broken a law then there can be no judgement, lest Ye be judged.
a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Any man in his 30s willing to do anything sexual with an underage person is a mentally broken predator. I'm 36 and find it less than ethical to be with anyone younger than 25.

And that is a totally arbitrary number you just pulled out of your arse.

What matters, in reality, is what is legal.

Once a young lady is of the age of consent under the law, it doesn't matter how old the guy is, 38, or 68, if the girl is into it, and she isn't coerced in any way, then it is legal. Creepy, yes, and his constituents deserve to know about it, but... it is still legal.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

It is fair to say I'm bias, but that bias is against both parties.

I'm not going after him purely because he's a republican... I think he should be removed if this is proven because he's clearly morally bankrupt if he thinks he can touch kids as a public figure.

I'm sure there are times I'm hypocritical, but I can't recall a time I've defended a politician for messing around with underage girls. What I do find hypocritical though is how people from both parties will go after politicians for sexual misconduct with adults, sometimes even consentual just extramarital, but defend their guy with fake news or "technically its legal". I didn't say the guy should go to jail,I said he shouldn't represent us. We all hold employees at place of work higher than the bar of legality.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No.

I like fully developed humans with enough life experience to be able to relate to.

What is legal doesn't reflect that.

Edit:

Yes it does matter how big the age gap is. There is nothing but predatory intent if a 38-year-old man is trying to get with teenagers
edit on 4 6 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

If he hasn’t broken a law then there can be no judgement, lest Ye be judged.
a reply to: projectvxn

The law is a baseline.

I will most definitely judge a grown man's motivations for going after 17-year-old girls.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join