It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A majority of uninfected adults show pre-existing antibody reactivity against SARS-CoV-2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Where is the almighty Phage on this one? 🤔

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

You're missing the point.

It means that if you get COVID, your body won't react to it like it's a novel virus. It means your body sees invader it recognizes enough to mount an effective response to. The whole reason why we shut down was because this virus was supposed to be novel and our immune systems would have no idea how to handle it before it got bad enough to kill a substantial portion of people with another portion dying as their immune systems freaked out in response and killed them through over-reaction.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Moelson

He's old man give him a break. He can't troll 24/7 ya know...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
They knew this a long time ago, probably five months, and initially months farther back than that. How do you think they came up with the ninety five percent effigy rate on the vaccine causing severe covid disease and why only one in a thousand young people will actually get covid from the virus. This research was to verify what they already knew about this.

If you have had one of a couple of kinds of colds in the past year, you probably have antibodies, and they were investigating whether the chicken pox vaccine was protecting the kids from covid too.

I mentioned this in posts quite a long time ago. This virus has been exploited to make people believe it is worse than it is. Heck, if you had a cat that had the cat coronavirus, it also stimulated our immune system to be prepared for this and the cat coronavirus does not effect us much....because the vast majority have some sort of immunity to it. Chickens can't get covid I believe, so we cannot get immunity from their eggs if we eat them. We can get vaccinated from the eggs for the bird flu though if they had it....but don't count on it, big corporations kill off all chickens if they sneeze or cough.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

To you and the other folks that say yes this is obvious, yes people have repeated this.yes...etc etc...yes...

But, clearly it bears repeating over and over. This isn't my first thread on cold antibodies and covid, and everyone that comes across any solid info pointing to anything yes repeat it, post threads. Act like a broken record. Because it bears repeating and this sort of information is repressed on most mainstream platforms.

Yes this is a repeat, and I hope it keeps being repeated until everyone gets this whole #ing sham.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

To you and the other folks that say yes this is obvious, yes people have repeated this.yes...etc etc...yes...

But, clearly it bears repeating over and over. This isn't my first thread on cold antibodies and covid, and everyone that comes across any solid info pointing to anything yes repeat it, post threads. Act like a broken record. Because it bears repeating and this sort of information is repressed on most mainstream platforms.

Yes this is a repeat, and I hope it keeps being repeated until everyone gets this whole #ing sham.

I feel like a broken record a lot. I have to say the same thing to my daughters over and over and they don't pay attention because it does not fit their beliefs, then three to five months or more, often years, they finally start to catch on after blowing the wife and I off for a long time. A lot of people are like that.

Just because you have the genes for a disease does not mean that you will get the disease, it usually means that you don't make an enzyme well so you can't metabolize some things well and wind up sick if you eat those foods. People who do not eat that food do not get the disease.

People do not read enough of how research is done, they parrot crap. This causes a pseudoscience effect of mistruths. Most people have fairly good innate immunity to this disease even though they do not have specific antigens to it. I am sick of parroting this over and over too. Our body does not need specific antigens if it fights of a disease properly, a similar past infection immune memory can protect them just fine.....but the vaccine makers do not want us to know that, neither to the people pushing vaccinations. If you have immunity, you fight off the flu or virus without a need to build antigens, and our body has libraries of previous infections, antigens do not have to float around in our blood when there is no threat...that triggers chronic inflammation to occur a lot which can result in multiple health problems including joint and bone deterioration..

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
All Kroger’s do the finger prick blood antibody test now for $25... no reason required.

a reply to: SoundisVibration

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

People do not read enough of how research is done,

People aren't even taught how to properly read scientific research unless they pay retarded amounts of money for post secondary education or learn themselves. It's not something really taught in highschool or below
edit on 6/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, that's an interesting post including the last sentence. Doesn't this go into the theory that if at all possible let our own natural immune systems handle pathogens and viruses if at all possible. Like on ones with less than 4% lethality

I am living proof that medication weakens immunity.

When I was young, I was pretty sickly. Any bug that came near me, I caught. Of course, we weren't rich and therefore medical intervention was limited. I also didn't like the taste of medicine and fought it at every turn.

At one point, the doctors removed my tonsils... the difference was night and day. Suddenly I wasn't catching anything. Seems the tonsils were the source of all the infections because they were trapping the infections, but not killing them. As a result of my constant early sickness and the use of simple mechanisms like bedrest to cope with them, my immunity was now strong enough to resist almost anything. And as I became an adult, it got even stronger.

Result: I have never had a flu shot in my life, and I have no intention of ever getting one. I almost never get sick, and if I do, it's run a fever today, sweat it out overnight, fine the next day. I'm also no longer allergic to poison oak or poison ivy. I used to help weed the garden and we had a lot of cowitch vines that I pulled up by hand. I was in my 30s before I realized that anyone was allergic to cowitch.

I still only take two prescriptions for my cholesterol, and I can still beat any virus out there.

We have turned our society into a bunch of weaklings by trying to circumvent what nature gave us. Headache? Pop a pill. Stomach hurts? There's a pill for that. Fever? Whole lotta pills for that; take your pick. Runny nose? Yep, they got a pill. Cough? No pill; we got syrup for that, and it's even flavored to taste good.

The result is that we cannot fight off the infections our fathers just a couple generations ago wouldn't have even noticed. A couple more generations of this and we'll all be living in sterile bubbles because a cold will become fatal.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am living proof that medication weakens immunity.

Vaccines are not treatments.

I have never had a flu shot in my life, and I have no intention of ever getting one.

Polio? Smallpox? Sure, your immune system can handle them. No doubt, if you eat your veggies.

Vaccines do not weaken your immune system. They induce it to do what it does, while avoiding becoming infected. Their effect is the same, but you don't get infected.

With your state of cardiovascular health, you may want to reconsider.
edit on 4/7/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Although it would be nice, we have to take this down a notch....

In this study, we estimated that 0.60% [95%CI 0% to 2.71%] of the study population showed evidence of
a prior infection with SARS-CoV-2.

Mind you, I'm no fan of the show, but we have to take sentences like this into account as well.

But this brings up something I touched on in another thread, or was it someone else;

As far back as July / August 2019, Italian cancer researchers have found anti-bodies in research patients. For some reason, those findings haven't started a fire, which completely bewilders me. It would mean that while Wuhan was the worst place to begin with, it might have started somewhere else, but went through a change between the origination and Wuhan.

There are a lot of Chinese in Italy... suppose the virus had its initial stages in Italy, but these were brushed off as summerflu. Then someone brought it back to China, and who knows what happened there (meant as in... dense population, did an infected person get bit by a bat, or did a bat eat some fruit that an infected person had spit out on the ground... and so on).

Here is the info on the Italian findings pre-pandemic:

The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

www.reuters.com...

EDIT: Ok, so it did get some attention, but not nearly enough IMO.

If Covid was already circulating in mid 2019, then a lot of sickness back then could have been due to covid, but was not viewed as "OMG!!".

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You keep believing that story, Phage. Even with my cardiovascular state, I can still handle a virus better than you.

But you're right, as usual (in your own mind, anyway).

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I can still handle a virus better than you.

I can piss higher than you can ever hope to.
Always could.

edit on 4/7/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Doubt it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Doubt it.

TheRedneck

Snappy.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You keep believing that story, Phage. Even with my cardiovascular state, I can still handle a virus better than you.

But you're right, as usual (in your own mind, anyway).

TheRedneck

Well... I'm on the same boat, so we could have two references here.
Not that I hope to get infected though. I carry any flu like a man... sobbing and feeling sorry for myself

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

This study measured prior SARS/Covid-2 infections rather than prior Covid-19 infection - the names SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-nCoV-2 are near identical so a very easy mistake to make. 2019-nCov was the prefered term to avoid such confusion and releasing misleading info to the public but the sars version took over.

It is thought that the infection in Italy may be one of the first regions with it with official timeline of infections around Dec/Jan 2019. I have a vague memory of a French guy being 'patient zero'. A mate who never gets ill was seriously ill in Feb -May 2020 was sent for chest x-rays and was thought to have lung cancer due to the results showing extensive lung damage - it wasn't until a couple of months later Drs realised the lung damage was due to covid not later stages lung cancer after seeing very similar results in healthy, active 30 year old, non-smokers who had Covid that the cancer scare was removed -

He's gone from cross-country half-marathon runner to getting out of breath just hill walking and still no cardiovascular fitness after a year of all clear and fitness training due to the damage it caused. The first few months he couldn't walk 100m without coughing all the air out his body and taking 10 - 15 mins to be able to breathe in properly.

There have been detections of Covid-19 in the Barcelona sewage system March 2019 but these are isolated events and have not been backed up by retesting samples taken in the same time period at other labs - that paticular test result seemed to be due to lab handling errors causing the sample to be contaminated rather than evidence of presence. It was also a result where detection of SARS-CoV-2 was mistaken for SARS-nCoV-2

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Double
edit on 7-4-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

This study measured prior SARS/Covid-2 infections rather than prior Covid-19 infection - the names SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-nCoV-2 are near identical so a very easy mistake to make. 2019-nCov was the prefered term to avoid such confusion and releasing misleading info to the public but the sars version took over.

It is thought that the infection in Italy may be one of the first regions with it with official timeline of infections around Dec/Jan 2019. I have a vague memory of a French guy being 'patient zero'. A mate who never gets ill was seriously ill in Feb -May 2020 was sent for chest x-rays and was thought to have lung cancer due to the results showing extensive lung damage - it wasn't until a couple of months later Drs realised the lung damage was due to covid not later stages lung cancer after seeing very similar results in healthy, active 30 year old, non-smokers who had Covid that the cancer scare was removed -

He's gone from cross-country half-marathon runner to getting out of breath just hill walking and still no cardiovascular fitness after a year of all clear and fitness training due to the damage it caused. The first few months he couldn't walk 100m without coughing all the air out his body and taking 10 - 15 mins to be able to breathe in properly.

There have been detections of Covid-19 in the Barcelona sewage system March 2019 but these are isolated events and have not been backed up by retesting samples taken in the same time period at other labs - that paticular test result seemed to be due to lab handling errors causing the sample to be contaminated rather than evidence of presence. It was also a result where detection of SARS-CoV-2 was mistaken for SARS-nCoV-2

Link to this... I can find no official info on this. Even Danish authorities don't talk about the n version at any point.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: bastion

Link to this... I can find no official info on this. Even Danish authorities don't talk about the n version at any point.

The use of the n version started dying off last spring but would have been the correct version at the time this study was conducted.

This article explains more about the move from nCovid-19/SARS-nCoV-2 to SARS-CoV-2 in March2020 Nature

This is a good overiew of why there was a lot of debate over the naming convention - qz.com...

Paper from October 2020 using SARS-nCoV-2 format: link

One of the earleir papers adopting the new naming convention: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join