It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A majority of uninfected adults show pre-existing antibody reactivity against SARS-CoV-2

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So I wonder when we'll see the MSM report on this. Scientists in Vancouver using a highly sensitive multiplex assay and positive/negative thresholds established in infants in whom maternal antibodies have waned determined that more than 90% of uninfected adults showed antibody reactivity against the spike, receptor-binding domain (RBD), N-terminal domains (NTD) or the nucleocapsid (N) protein from SARS-CoV-2.

That's right, 90% of adults were found to have pre-existing antibodies that bind to the SARS-cov-2 spike protein. This was found to be evenly distributed across age and sex. The conclusions of the study found most adults display pre-existing anti-body cross reactivity to SARS-cov-2.

insight.jci.org...

Pre-existing cross-reactivity to SARS-CoV-2 may occur in absence of prior viral exposure. However, this has been difficult to quantify at the population level due to a lack of reliably defined seroreactivity thresholds. Using an orthogonal antibody testing approach, we estimated that ~0.6% of non-triaged adults from the greater Vancouver area, Canada between May 17th and June 19th 2020 showed clear evidence of a prior SARS-CoV-2 infection, after adjusting for false-positive and false-negative test results. Using a highly sensitive multiplex assay and positive/negative thresholds established in infants in whom maternal antibodies have waned, we determine that more than 90% of uninfected adults showed antibody reactivity against the spike, receptor-binding domain (RBD), N-terminal domains (NTD) or the nucleocapsid (N) protein from SARS-CoV-2. This sero-reactivity was evenly distributed across age and sex, correlated with circulating coronaviruses reactivity, and was partially outcompeted by soluble circulating coronaviruses’ spike and to conserved non-structural viral proteins. We conclude that most adults display pre-existing antibody cross-reactivity against SARS-CoV-2, which further supports investigation of how this may impact the clinical severity of COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 vaccine responses.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does this indicate the "spreading" was not what it was all cranked up to be ? 😃

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe this explains how I've had the antibodies but haven't been sick in years... S&F

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
I doubt this info will be touched by the msm.
Does not fit the narrative,and could lead to less people wanting a vaccine,which could hurt big pharmas profits.
And we can't have that.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration
How did you manage to get tested?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Both cross-immunity and virus interference should be on the top of the list for conversation and exploration, in my opinion.

Cross-immunity is where our immune system can use prior exposure to pathogens to mount a response. Notably, this can and does occur with entirely different viruses.

Dr. Karl Friston's work is fascinating in this regard. While it is essentially just an advanced meta-analysis.. It points to something that is exceptionally relevant to actually handling epidemics and pandemics.

Virus interference is a bit like the other side of the coin, where exposure to a virus weakens the bodies ability to mount a response when exposed to a pathogen. Frequently examined in the context of vaccines, wherein a vaccination for say, an influenza virus, creates a susceptibility to coronaviruses.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

I found a testing site and I paid $140 to get the blood antibody test.

I would explain where but the name of place would give my geo location away.. look up antibody tests. It's not the PCR nasal swab. Be prepared to have blood drawn
edit on 6-4-2021 by SoundisVibration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting wonder how many will besmirch the OP, the authors and the website.

JCI Insight is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to biomedical research, ranging from preclinical to clinical studies.

JCI Insight is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to biomedical research, ranging from preclinical to clinical studies.
JCI Insight is an open access journal that has a 2019 Impact Factor of 6.205. The Journal publishes well-executed, high-quality studies that provide meaningful contributions to the understanding of the biology and/or treatment of disease, with an emphasis on clinically relevant basic and translational research. Submissions are welcome from all biomedical specialties, including Autoimmunity, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Metabolism, Nephrology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonology, Vascular Biology, and many others.

edit on 6-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Both cross-immunity and virus interference should be on the top of the list for conversation and exploration, in my opinion.

Cross-immunity is where our immune system can use prior exposure to pathogens to mount a response. Notably, this can and does occur with entirely different viruses.

Dr. Karl Friston's work is fascinating in this regard. While it is essentially just an advanced meta-analysis.. It points to something that is exceptionally relevant to actually handling epidemics and pandemics.

Virus interference is a bit like the other side of the coin, where exposure to a virus weakens the bodies ability to mount a response when exposed to a pathogen. Frequently examined in the context of vaccines, wherein a vaccination for say, an influenza virus, creates a susceptibility to coronaviruses.

Well, that's an interesting post including the last sentence. Doesn't this go into the theory that if at all possible let our own natural immune systems handle pathogens and viruses if at all possible. Like on ones with less than 4% lethality

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
So I wonder when we'll see the MSM report on this. Scientists in Vancouver using a highly sensitive multiplex assay and positive/negative thresholds established in infants in whom maternal antibodies have waned determined that more than 90% of uninfected adults showed antibody reactivity against the spike, receptor-binding domain (RBD), N-terminal domains (NTD) or the nucleocapsid (N) protein from SARS-CoV-2.

That's right, 90% of adults were found to have pre-existing antibodies that bind to the SARS-cov-2 spike protein. This was found to be evenly distributed across age and sex. The conclusions of the study found most adults display pre-existing anti-body cross reactivity to SARS-cov-2.

Not sure why you think this is some kind of bombshell that needs massive msm coverage. All coronaviruses have spike proteins and some other proteins in common. Coronaviruses have been around in the human population for a long, long time, so it makes perfect sense that 90% of the population will have been exposed to one or more of them at some time in the past and will have developed some antibody reactivity. However, "some" antibody reactivity does not necessarily equal "enough" antibody reactivity to prevent someone from developing COVID-19.

We see this same phenomenon with the common cold and seasonal influenza. Everybody has probably had the flu at different times in their life. If you had the flu two years ago, you would probably have "some" antibody reactivity to the mutated variety that is going to come along next Fall, if anyone bothered to test you for it. That doesn't mean that you are immune from getting the flu next Fall. The flu virus that comes along next Fall will have a core set of proteins in common with the one that was around two years ago, but will have some new ones as well, that your immune system hasn't seen before. This is why they develop a different flu vaccine every year. Also, the magnitude of antibody reactivity can fade with time after you've been exposed to an antigen. This is why researchers are thinking it may be necessary to get a booster for the COVID-19 vaccine every year, just as some people do for seasonal flu.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Flashback - 20th July 2020
The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

.......But while the world has been preoccupied with antibodies, researchers have started to realise that there might be another form of immunity – one which, in some cases, has been lurking undetected in the body for years. An enigmatic type of white blood cell is gaining prominence. And though it hasn’t previously featured heavily in the public consciousness, it may well prove to be crucial in our fight against Covid-19. This could be the T cell’s big moment.
Most bizarrely of all, when researchers tested blood samples taken years before the pandemic started, they found T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19. This suggests that some people already had a pre-existing degree of resistance against the virus before it ever infected a human. And it appears to be surprisingly prevalent: 40-60% of unexposed individuals had these cells.......

Safe and Effective God Given Immune System

edit on 462021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Well, that's an interesting post including the last sentence. Doesn't this go into the theory that if at all possible let our own natural immune systems handle pathogens and viruses if at all possible. Like on ones with less than 4% lethality

Virus interference is definitely some interesting stuff!

And yeah, I have to think that letting our immune systems evolve alongside pathogens is not only good.. Its literally natural.

I think a lot of our approach to this things are filled with far, far too much hubris. Maybe coupled with unrealistic expectations and ideals.

My personal opinion is that vaccines are not a good approach to seasonal illnesses in general, so you can probably figure where I stand on the current vaccination conversation. Over a long enough period of time, I believe it is possible to create a situation where we have removed our collective immune systems from the situation so completely that we could become entirely dependent on artificial means of protection (like vaccines).

The world of pathogens continues to evolve, and if we remove ourselves from that process.. Our biology could start lagging so far behind that we have no choice but to continue fortifying those barriers and hoping nothing "gets in."

For this reason, I believe vaccines should be a weapon of last resort rather than our primary means of tackling these things.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Because we are continuingly being told life won't go back to normal until a certain percentage of the population is immune to covid....
edit on 6/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Everyone should demand antibody passports. Not vaccine passports.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We figured this out on our own.

I knew that Coronavirus' in general are the source of many colds.

I have lived (for years at a time) literally all over the world, as has my spouse and very elderly mother. I figured we had all been expose to multiple coronavirus' throughout the years and had naturally developed some immunity to the overall coronavirus.

We are also strong pro-vaxers as my Uncle became deaf as a direct result of having measles as a child.

None of us caught the virus despite the fact that my spouse had to attend some in person meetings (masks of course), and even attended regularly some larger gatherings (masked) due to his occupation. We went to the grocery store and Walmart (masked of course).

None of us caught the virus despite the fact my spouse and I were in an ER with live COVID patients, before they separated them out and I was hospitalized twice for a week each time during the worst of the pandemic. It has been proven that many non COVID patients caught COVID from just being in hospitals.

We went unmasked with our grandchildren and children, we drew the line at living and the pursuit of happiness. Life for us was not worth it and there was no happiness without being able to hug our grandchildren and be fully with our children.

Still we did not catch it.

We got vaxxed very early, double vaxxed. We only had sore arms with the shots and no other reactions at all.

I think our immune systems were already exposed and therefore our bodies easily adapted to the vaccine with no issues.

At the time I attributed that to the fact we had all already been exposed around the world to a wide variety of coronavirus' and had natural immunity - which was born out by our non-reactions to the vaccine.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

SARS-CoV-2 is the SARS pathogen.

SARS-nCoV-2 is the virus that causes COVID-19.

There are similarities that the vaccine developers initially used, but they are different pathogens.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: putnam6

Virus interference is definitely some interesting stuff!

And yeah, I have to think that letting our immune systems evolve alongside pathogens is not only good.. Its literally natural.

I think a lot of our approach to this things are filled with far, far too much hubris. Maybe coupled with unrealistic expectations and ideals.

My personal opinion is that vaccines are not a good approach to seasonal illnesses in general, so you can probably figure where I stand on the current vaccination conversation. Over a long enough period of time, I believe it is possible to create a situation where we have removed our collective immune systems from the situation so completely that we could become entirely dependent on artificial means of protection (like vaccines).

The world of pathogens continues to evolve, and if we remove ourselves from that process.. Our biology could start lagging so far behind that we have no choice but to continue fortifying those barriers and hoping nothing "gets in."

For this reason, I believe vaccines should be a weapon of last resort rather than our primary means of tackling these things.

Agree 100%

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This indicates MSM is spreading BS....
especially with the Super Duper DOUBLE Mutant Covid-19 vartiant. LMAO at such a silly name. 100% BS
edit on 6-4-2021 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: xuenchen

This indicates MSM is spreading BS....
especially with the Super Duper DOUBLE Mutant Covid-19 vartiant. LMAO at such a silly name. 100% BS

The high-profile Media people who caught Covid-19 were faking it. Maybe Tom Hanks was too. Now, if one of them had died, their sob stories would have been more believable.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

President Trump's ethical advisors (not Fauci) suggested letting Covid-19 "wash through" the population. The death toll may have been lower, and America would have avoided a recession, along with all the personal damage that accompanied the hardships.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join