It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on picture ID and what the issue is.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: stonergeek

No....you are definitely not a lifelong republican.

If you can't see how Biden portrayed minorities in this then you can get a pass, with a caveat that you'll do some research on his work as a Senator and how he handled blacks and minorities.

Then, check out Kamalas record....

If you really want to know stuff then research. If not, then # off.

I most certainly am, registered and all. I hate Biden. Never voted dem in my life. But I can read a quote objectively, which seems to be something you are incapable of, or at least unwilling to do. You can't even read past the word Black when a dem says it. Kamala is not Biden, you don't get to move the goalposts when you can't score. The specific argument is what he said at the townhall meeting. I am aware of Joe's record, and do not disagree about it. His record was not the topic of discussion, nor Kamala; what he said at the town hall was. If you really want to argue about what the man said, and even paraphrase it for us to fit your bias, no need to research any further than the actual quote I posted. He portrayed communities with limited internet access as having difficulty figuring out how to apply on line. Do you think he was talking about just blacks when he mentioned rural communities? You don't get to give passes, you can't even stay on Biden's Town Hall. Consider yourself #ed off.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You are correct! Democrats are not calling black people lazy. They are calling them stupid!!!
Biden stated to the press that black and minority people can't get the vaccine because they don't know how to use the internet!

thefederalist.com...
Democrats also say that black people don't know how to get a photo id!!

noqreport.com...

I don't think the democrats called them lazy though!! However, it would not surprise me if they did!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

You all could at least be honest about it.
It doesn’t. Racism is a meaningless concept and word only used to make us fight. If you were smart, you’d notice the people who call other people racist are always dems, and it’s always tied to politics. Stop fueling the race war

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I keep seeing a lot of strawman arguments, individual state law examples, and so on.
I was in a very low income family situation when I turned 16. As in my family was getting by on about half the poverty level income for a family of four.
We scraped up the 7 dollar fee for my driver's license. In one doubtful example I have seen in this thread it was stated a 90 dollar cost to get a state issued photo ID. I call BS, but if that's true then a really simple solution, want a voter registration card? Bring a proof of residency, and a birth certificate and smile for the camera. Photo voter registration card.
If by chance you can't get this done then for goodness sake you got bigger problems then needing a voter registration. If you can't pull this off, then you probably can't get to a polling place.
I think at this point we are talking about a percentage of a percentage point of the population. And if that's accurate then neither political party cares. Not enough people to cheat with. They'll go to the cemetery instead.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

You all could at least be honest about it.

Very well, please explain your point about how it would disenfranchise anyone, to require an ID to vote. Because again, ID is required for a lot these days. So surely these people already have an ID. Or are you meaning it would disenfranchise illegals? But wouldn't that be a good thing? Those people are not supposed to be in the country anyway (after all there is a legal process one can go through to become a citizen), let alone vote. Or would you be OK with your ID being stolen and used to vote for someone not of your choosing... saying that wouldn't allowing illegals to use a fake/stolen ID disenfranchise legitimate citizens? And shouldn't that be a bigger problem than the nebulous idea that it COULD disenfranchise someone who shouldn't be in the country in the first place? Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join