It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on picture ID and what the issue is.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: rounda

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

You all could at least be honest about it.

Exactly how are they disenfranchised? Please be specific.

I'd like to make a follow-up question to this too.

If requiring ID disenfranchises black people, why aren't Democrats trying to get black people IDs?

Not only would it solve the problem, but it would also pave the way for them to be more successful in society, since they would now be able to get jobs...

Unless Dems don't want black people to get jobs.

It could be possible that Dems move to do just that but it could raised another set of legal issues.

Why haven't they done it? Why haven't they even suggested it? This is not a new issue.

And what legal issues arise from solving the problems they claim plague the black community?

They literally just took down $6 trillion in funding for # that wasn't covid related... Yet no money for this?

You have to be absolutely blind if you can't see its bull#.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Xtrozero

See, I think it's crazy to not have an ID requirement, it's the rest of this bill that may be problematic..if this is just about ID, then its crazy..of course you should have and show ID.

As I have pointed out it seems the liberal narrative is really reaching to come up with why it is bad. They are inventing scenarios that don't even come close to the intent of the Bill or what the Bill says. It is only problematic because someone says so with zero substance as to why. The system they have now is not good as it is the same in many other states, so it is not like they are breaking something that works well....

I'm just trying to understand, I was talking with a friend, who is far more left than me, he thought ID was common sense too. He pointed out restrictions on hours and days, it may be trying to weed out voters, but I'm unsure how any of it is racist, but my understanding of the bill is minimal, just an observer anyway. I think the not needing ID argument is ridiculous.

The law extended hours/days to vote.

Ok, I guess they eliminated sundays though..not sure why?

Like I noted in the other thread, I was curious about the fuss, I think its a bit blown out of proportion, an inconvenience maybe..ID is no brainer.

The reason for the drama is that HR1 (House Resolution 1) would federalize elections across America. Any "State" law would contraindicate that.

The democrats in DC want to control voting in all states. Every state.

States would not be able to determine their own voting laws.

It's a power-play by the democrats and they're calling anything they don't approve of as "Jim Crow" and racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

See, I think it's crazy to not have an ID requirement, it's the rest of this bill that may be problematic..if this is just about ID, then its crazy..of course you should have and show ID.

As I have pointed out it seems the liberal narrative is really reaching to come up with why it is bad. They are inventing scenarios that don't even come close to the intent of the Bill or what the Bill says. It is only problematic because someone says so with zero substance as to why. The system they have now is not good as it is the same in many other states, so it is not like they are breaking something that works well....

I'm just trying to understand, I was talking with a friend, who is far more left than me, he thought ID was common sense too. He pointed out restrictions on hours and days, it may be trying to weed out voters, but I'm unsure how any of it is racist, but my understanding of the bill is minimal, just an observer anyway. I think the not needing ID argument is ridiculous.

The law extended hours/days to vote.

Ok, I guess they eliminated sundays though..not sure why?

Like I noted in the other thread, I was curious about the fuss, I think its a bit blown out of proportion, an inconvenience maybe..ID is no brainer.

The reason for the drama is that HR1 (House Resolution 1) would federalize elections across America. Any "State" law would contraindicate that.

The democrats in DC want to control voting in all states. Every state.

States would not be able to determine their own voting laws.

It's a power-play by the democrats and they're calling anything they don't approve of as "Jim Crow" and racist.

And its completely unconstitutional. The constitution says very specifically that the states are to manage their own elections, and their state legislatures are supposed to govern the process.

Which is one of the major reasons why the 2020 election was bull#. The governors and secretaries of state sidestepped the state legislatures.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

If requiring ID disenfranchises black people, why aren't Democrats trying to get black people IDs?

Not only would it solve the problem, but it would also pave the way for them to be more successful in society, since they would now be able to get jobs...

It could be possible that Dems move to do just that but it could raised another set of legal issues.

Why haven't they done it? Why haven't they even suggested it? This is not a new issue.

And what legal issues arise from solving the problems they claim plague the black community?

They literally just took down $6 trillion in funding for # that wasn't covid related... Yet no money for this?

Are you in favor for a political party to cover expenses of people that need to get an ID? I don’t have a problem with it at all but I’m no lawyer but can see how can this run afoul of Federal and maybe states laws. For example, it is illegal to pay voters to register to vote, if the Dems are paying for voters ID or transportation to get an ID in order to register to vote... would that be a violation of Federal Law? I’m no lawyer but that’s what I say that it could result in legal issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The black working class must be such a thorn in the side of the liberal narrative. "NO, NO! YOU'RE OPPRESSED AND POOR! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
The black working class must be such a thorn in the side of the liberal narrative. "NO, NO! YOU'RE OPPRESSED AND POOR! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Seriously.....imagine people only wanting you around every 4 years and then telling you to F off.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Are you in favor for a political party to cover expenses of people that need to get an ID? I don’t have a problem with it at all but I’m no lawyer but can see how can this run afoul of Federal and maybe states laws. For example, it is illegal to pay voters to register to vote, if the Dems are paying for voters ID or transportation to get an ID in order to register to vote... would that be a violation of Federal Law? I’m no lawyer but that’s what I say that it could result in legal issues.

It would only be illegal if it happened during an election cycle with the intent on gaining those votes.

It wouldn't be illegal if there was an actual problem and the government spent money to fix the problem.

Which is why I said they literally just got $6 trillion for # that had nothing to do with covid.... And spent none of it solving this problem...

Because there is no problem.
edit on 6-4-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

nailed it. right in your face, why would this country need a largr influx of people Answer is, we don't need more people who probably can't even speak english. but that is why we have all the press 2 for english. We entice them to come because the govt will give them things like food, housing etc, most will become democrats. I miss the good old days when we really screened people coming into the country. Yhen those comming had skills to contribute and were greatful to be here. They didn't think we should change our own culture to accomodate them. They assemilated,

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Voting is just like driving a car, or gaining permission to carry a concealed firearm, in that it is a serious undertaking that demands care and a demonstrable ability to act thoughtfully, rationally, with a clear mind and honest intent. Period, The End.

This garbage about disenfranchisement of "people in poverty" is ... a red herring, a canard, a lark, a distraction, a dodge. It is codespeak that amounts to a warning against rocking the electoral boat. Honestly now: do the opponents of voter ID legislation GAF about poor white folk in rural counties, like where I grew up? Poverty is poverty; an abundance or dearth of green paper can happen to people of any color.

Complaining about voter ID along racial lines smells like turf protection to me, plain and simple.

Let's make it as inexpensive as possible to procure a voting ID certificate. Make it accessible at the DMV, or accessible while obtaining an MTA/Mass Transit ticket, or a phone plan, pick whatever ritual of modern identification you want to glom it onto. Give it out for free, but the deal is, you have to prove you are a US citizen. You have to show up with your birth certificate or SSN card. That is not very difficult at all, and it's not negotiable, as last I checked, they don't restrict issuance of birth certificates and social security cards only to white people.

That should be the penultimate goal here, at least for parties with a genuine interest in fair elections: lower the financial bar and elevate the security bar, respectively, of our election process, NOT THE INVERSE.

It's honestly not that complicated, and it's laughably transparent when those trying to construe this as difficult or intrinsically expensive raise frivolous objections to a common sense plan.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You know I have never voted on anything in my life. I always did find that behavior kind of odd. That people would waste so much time and effort to do something so pointless and silly?

Still to this day. Its a mystery. They should get rid of ID cards as well. I mean there pretty useless.

You know who are the best drivers in the world? Indians, in fact in India most dont know what a green or yellow light at a street means. They are a country with a population 10x the USA population 328.2 million Americans to 1.3 billion Indians in India.

And yet they still have the least traffic accidents with 321,000 yearly accidents and USA having a yearly accident fatal crashes. there are 6 million car accidents in the USA.

What this proves is? That traffic lights and yes even drivers ID have absolutely nothing to do or any correlation what so ever that things will be better or safer out there while driving.

In fact, they just may make you lazier and stupid when it comes to driving. So if you wanted to decrease death in motor vehicles or while on the roads? You would need to get rid of all traffic lights in the country everywhere. And force people to actually pay attention to the road.

I just thought I would say that, as your post was kind of bland. Heres some daily driving and commerce in India.

edit on 11pmTuesdaypm062021f2pmTue, 06 Apr 2021 23:40:21 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pmTuesdaypm062021f2pmTue, 06 Apr 2021 23:48:14 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Every day, President Biden is demonstrating why he finished in the bottom 10% of his class.

He now says he supports corporations who are against Georgia's new Voter-ID law. But only if they don't show their disapproval by cutting jobs, reducing Georgia spending, or leaving the state of Georgia.

What an embarrassing President: www.msn.com... BB1fmCE8

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The GOP has been waving the voter fraud flag for the past 60 years and the majority of their claims and laws that restrict voting access have been rejected by the courts all around the country and at SCOTUS many times over. What you saw in the last year was a culmination of living in a lie that’s been perpetuated by the GOP for the last 60 years since the ending of Jim Crow voting laws.

Nothing is going to change that mindset, their will be no amount of voting laws that the GOP could put forth and are upheld at SCOTUS that will prevent conservatives from crying fraud when Dems win any election.

Thank you...I was waiting for old Jim Crow to make an appearance. One thing maybe we can all agree on is the voting process throughout many states is horrible. Fraud or no fraud it all needs fixing and updated. Like Voter rolls that are so old and never cleanup... Improper handling of ballots in so many different ways... And this has all come to light with mass mailings that showed us just how bad state voting process really are.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Biden said in his most recent CNN Town Hall that Black people are too dumb to use the internet. He feels the same way about Blacks getting photo ID's.

Biden echoes the sentiment of most liberals, including many Blacks themselves, unfortunately.

Is that what he said?

"The other thing we found is, and I’m sorry to go on, but this is really important to me. The other portion is a lot of people don’t know how to register. Not everybody in the community, in the Hispanic and the African-American community, particularly in rural areas that are distant and/or inner city districts, know how to use … Know how to get online to determine how to get in line for that COVID vaccination at the Walgreens or at the particular store. So we’re also … I’ve committed to spend a billion dollars on public education to help people figure out how they can get in there. That’s why we’re also trying to set up mass vaccination centers like places in stadiums and the like.."

I am a life-long Republican, and can't read "Black people are too dumb to use the internet" into that. Not sure how "particularly in rural areas that are distant and/or inner city districts" doesn't tell you he is talking about access.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I have no issue admitting the shortcomings of our country. In fact, ill fight you for the first spot in line. And will bring my own tomatoes to throw.

My issue is that you get some whackadoo BS offered as solutions. A good example is ACA. In what world do you make something more affordable by putting a for profit mechanism in the middle? And its not like we are talking a modest for profit model....insurers turn massive profits every year.

We can all easily identify the problems. What we can't do it fix the idiots who buy the lies spun when nonsense is pulled. The current fiasco is a good example....we have people in this country who actually believe that Jim Crow nonsense. Not because they came up with that idea on their own....no, most are too stupid to create ideas on their own (and i'd venture to say that most have no idea what Jim Crow is to begin with). They believe it because their political hero told them it was true.

Ill tell you, the Cult 45 nonsense just looks stupid when you consider that the other side is the same way. It may not be a specific person....but its not any different to revere a D for simply being a D.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

We can all easily identify the problems. What we can't do it fix the idiots who buy the lies spun when nonsense is pulled. The current fiasco is a good example....we have people in this country who actually believe that Jim Crow nonsense. Not because they came up with that idea on their own....no, most are too stupid to create ideas on their own (and i'd venture to say that most have no idea what Jim Crow is to begin with). They believe it because their political hero told them it was true.

I have issues when the left is unwilling to say there is a problem. They win an election and say "nothing to see here" when we see some major issues even when not suggesting mass fraud. They even had 11 or so Liberal congresspersons come out a couple of years ago saying how concerning Dominion Machines can be along with other voting issues, and say nothing to see here today. Georgia's bill is back to Jim Crow era, but Colorado who has already almost the same voting laws in place is GTG, and the left can not see that if you smacked them over their head with it...They also will make their opinions without even reading the Bill...lol

Ill tell you, the Cult 45 nonsense just looks stupid when you consider that the other side is the same way. It may not be a specific person....but its not any different to revere a D for simply being a D.

The whole cult thing came about to explain why Trump had good crowd sizes and Biden didn't...They much be a cult....

edit on 7-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Exactly how does requiring an ID to vote "effect" (it's affect btw) black communities more?

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen all day.

And that's saying something...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stonergeek

No....you are definitely not a lifelong republican.

If you can't see how Biden portrayed minorities in this then you can get a pass, with a caveat that you'll do some research on his work as a Senator and how he handled blacks and minorities.

Then, check out Kamalas record....

If you really want to know stuff then research. If not, then # off.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I'm sure he/she/it is just trying to live up to they/them/their name....

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So you're saying that blacks are too dumb? Why are blacks somehow less capable than their poor white counterparts whom no one worries about when it comes to obtaining ID?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah well, blacks are less likely to be able to swim too, so I guess requiring Navy Divers to be able to swim is also racist and that requirement should be scrapped.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join