It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on picture ID and what the issue is.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

dems warn of vote switching

www.dailysignal.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

claims of voter fraud during 2016 election

www.theguardian.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.wsws.org...

www.theguardian.com...

www.alternet.org...

I hope I've made my point...
edit on 6/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

See, I think it's crazy to not have an ID requirement, it's the rest of this bill that may be problematic..if this is just about ID, then its crazy..of course you should have and show ID.

As I have pointed out it seems the liberal narrative is really reaching to come up with why it is bad. They are inventing scenarios that don't even come close to the intent of the Bill or what the Bill says. It is only problematic because someone says so with zero substance as to why. The system they have now is not good as it is the same in many other states, so it is not like they are breaking something that works well....

edit on 6-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Bunch

Explain exactly how those first two are racist and effect black people more than anyone else?

First, I never said that they are racist.

Here is an example of how such a law can affect lower income people. Let’s pass a law that requirements photo ID to vote. In order to obtain a photo ID you must have the following:
1. 3 form of identification documents: social security card, birth certificate, passport
2. Total Fees for ID: $89.00

If you are missing any of the documents on #1 that will cost you time and money on top of the fee you have to pay on #2. On the Jim Crow days that was called a Poll Tax and is the reason why many of these voter ID laws go to die at the SCOTUS.

The GOP here is hoping that with a 6-3 majority they will be able to get a win on these laws but if precedent is sustained these laws would get axed in a quick minute once they reach SCOTUS.

In my state, our State issued photo ID that can be used to vote (we have a voter ID law) is $5. OR you can get a free voter registration card with photo by providing your name, address and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
edit on 6/4/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Well you really missed the part where I said EXAMPLE.

No I didn't. That's why I called it bullsh*t.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

See, I think it's crazy to not have an ID requirement, it's the rest of this bill that may be problematic..if this is just about ID, then its crazy..of course you should have and show ID.

As I have pointed out it seems the liberal narrative is really reaching to come up with why it is bad. They are inventing scenarios that don't even come close to the intent of the Bill or what the Bill says. It is only problematic because someone says so with zero substance as to why. The system they have now is not good as it is the same in many other states, so it is not like they are breaking something that works well....

I'm just trying to understand, I was talking with a friend, who is far more left than me, he thought ID was common sense too. He pointed out restrictions on hours and days, it may be trying to weed out voters, but I'm unsure how any of it is racist, but my understanding of the bill is minimal, just an observer anyway. I think the not needing ID argument is ridiculous.
edit on 6-4-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I'm calling bullsh*t. Where does it cost $89.00 for an ID. In my State the first step in applying for Welfare is receiving a photo ID.

For the New RealID that will work for everything as an ID it takes.

1. An official photo ID, or BC...I was born in NY so the cost of a new BC is 15 bucks if I had nothing.
2. SS card, replacement is FREE.
3. Two forms of residency and there is a plethora of choices, even provides considerations for the homeless.

So for me worst case scenario it would cost me 15 bucks...lol

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah.

It's a bold face lie.

Because those SAME minorities have to whip out ID to buy a firearm, and yet it's not suppression.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You all could at least be honest about it.

As could you.

Please. By all means:

1. Explain what is racist about requiring ID, or

2. Explain how requiring ID to register to vote, request a mail ballot, or to actually vote, limits ones access to voting.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The IRS already tracks every citizen in the US by SSN. One SSN = One Vote. It is not that hard. Imagine how easy it would be to purge dead voters and then people in Chicago would not be able to win anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

As could you.

Please. By all means:

1. Explain what is racist about requiring ID, or

2. Explain how requiring ID to register to vote, request a mail ballot, or to actually vote, limits ones access to voting.

I as well would love a good explanation on exactly what is racist about requiring identification when voting, and why it's not racist to require it when doing all the other things in life that require identification.

If requiring ID stops even 1 instance of voting fraud, isn't it worth it?

Is a Bank requiring ID to issue a loan racist? If not, why is it when voting?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm just trying to understand, I was talking with a friend, who is far more left than me, he thought ID was common sense too. He pointed out restrictions on hours and days, it may be trying to weed out voters, but I'm unsure how any of it is racist, but my understanding of the bill is minimal, just an observer anyway. I think the not needing ID argument is ridiculous.

Drop boxes have been a big concern to me in they seemed to just place them anywhere, no security in the process and with mass mailings added on top I think it really opens the door for people to abuse both, so lets control them as the bill suggests. I'm not sure why you need them anymore if you can just mail you ballot now, but anyhow.

The bill said there is 100 different time slots as to when one can vote in all the counties as each county has their own timeline, and this bill is just putting everyone on the same page and even increased the number of hours that were available before. So I'm not sure what is the issue here in having every county do their own thing is not good.

Not allowing people to pander people waiting in line to vote is very good, it also forbids people from gathering voter information through camera etc as like who voted for who etc. This was turned into the "you can't give food or drink to people in line".

I'm glad you posted the Bill, and I actually went through it and I really see nothing that stood out other than tightening up the system and with the big changes that mass mailings has created I see it as a good thing for all.

But you know the media is going to go 8 different ways and even caused MBL to move based on pure lies and hyperbole in the media...I wonder if Atlanta can sue for damages due to loss revenue in the tune of 200 million.

edit on 6-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does someone have the percentage of the poor or minorities who lack ID of any kind? 30%? 10%? .00000000001%

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

Exactly how are they disenfranchised? Please be specific.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

I'd like to make a follow-up question to this too.

If requiring ID disenfranchises black people, why aren't Democrats trying to get black people IDs?

Not only would it solve the problem, but it would also pave the way for them to be more successful in society, since they would now be able to get jobs...

Unless Dems don't want black people to get jobs.
edit on 6-4-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The law extended hours/days to vote.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Does someone have the percentage of the poor or minorities who lack ID of any kind? 30%? 10%? .00000000001%

The nuance is the issue. What type of ID? Some states don’t require ID at all as long as you are registered. Some states will accept something like a bank statement as ID. Some states require photo ID. Some states required government issued ID.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

If requiring ID disenfranchises black people, why aren't Democrats trying to get black people IDs?

Not only would it solve the problem, but it would also pave the way for them to be more successful in society, since they would now be able to get jobs...

It could be possible that Dems move to do just that but it could raised another set of legal issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The law extended hours/days to vote.

Ok, I guess they eliminated sundays though..not sure why?

Like I noted in the other thread, I was curious about the fuss, I think its a bit blown out of proportion, an inconvenience maybe..ID is no brainer.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What is odd to me is all the stories about voter suppression and the like, yet I have never met anyone in my 44 years that has felt this way. And I live in Atlanta.....grew up here. Family is all from small towns around Atlanta as well. I lived in Mississippi for 12 years as well. I have traveled around the country extensively.

I can honestly say that the only place I have ever been with any decent sized population that I felt was racist was near a certain lake in Arkansas.

If there is anyone that thinks Atlanta is racist.....then you are racist. The ilk of Abrams and Warnock should be shunned by the black community......they are simply pushing more divide.

Anywho.....I find it hilarious to watch them all try to be more woke than the others who are all trying out for quarterback.....they just cancel eachother out.
edit on 4/6/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

It could be possible that Dems move to do just that but it could raised another set of legal issues.

Yep...pushing for ID'S would definitely backfire on the border issue....don't want to be hypocrites right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join