It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on picture ID and what the issue is.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's pretty condescending and RACIST of white liberals to keep telling black people they're too poor and stupid to get ahead in society. Lump-summing an entire race together as too "poor" or "dumb" to get an ID? How is that not racist; full stop?!?! If you can stand in line at a grocery store, you can stand in line at the f-ing DMV for a photo ID!
edit on 6-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Bunch

Explain exactly how those first two are racist and effect black people more than anyone else?

First, I never said that they are racist.

Here is an example of how such a law can affect lower income people. Let’s pass a law that requirements photo ID to vote. In order to obtain a photo ID you must have the following:
1. 3 form of identification documents: social security card, birth certificate, passport
2. Total Fees for ID: $89.00

If you are missing any of the documents on #1 that will cost you time and money on top of the fee you have to pay on #2. On the Jim Crow days that was called a Poll Tax and is the reason why many of these voter ID laws go to die at the SCOTUS.

The GOP here is hoping that with a 6-3 majority they will be able to get a win on these laws but if precedent is sustained these laws would get axed in a quick minute once they reach SCOTUS.

Odd Georgia doesnt charge for a voter ID you just have to do the paper work.

they also have 10 different things you can use to get an ID, and georgia is far from being at the forefront of taking care of folks, so if your state still charges for voter ID then you should be yelling at your reps.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: rounda

Well...to vote here, you need two forms of government issue ID, a license is $75 a passport is $20-$110 depending on how long you wait, replacement birth certificates are $30 and proof of residence.

Yet somehow our voter turnout rates are on average 20% higher than America's over the last 30 years or so....

I assure you there's poor people here too...

Most states in the US offer FREE voter ID cards.

I was trying to find a source for your statement. Care to provide one? And also what are the requirements to get said “free” ID?

No excuse in GA except lazy...we have FREE ID cards here.....

dds.georgia.gov...

I don’t think free to you means the same as it means to me in regards to this subject.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well...to vote here, you need two forms of government issue ID, a license is $75 a passport is $20-$110 depending on how long you wait, replacement birth certificates are $30 and proof of residence.

Yet somehow our voter turnout rates are on average 20% higher than America's over the last 30 years or so....

I was trying to find a source for your statement. Care to provide one? And also what are the requirements to get said “free” ID?

dds.georgia.gov...

As does my state of Pennsylvania. FREE
But remember, that isn't enough... you have to make sure they have a free ride to the DMV.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

you are right. And that is why Trump got elected. We can argue about whether or not it is feasible to expect a billionaire with global financial interests to stop globalism. And we can argue about whether or not he would be capable of enacting that change in the first place. But what we cannot argue about is that Trump was a finger in the eye of the ruling class of America.

And I fully believe that the election was rigged. If it wasn't, it would have been. We can argue about votes and all that....but i will not believe that if Trump won, it would be rigged to make him lose. The real question then is....can it happen again? Can someone not blessed by the ruling elite be elected again?

And if they are, will people hate them simply because the ruling elite told them to, like with Trump?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

dds.georgia.gov...

I don’t think free to you means the same as it means to me in regards to this subject.

Not sure how else to interpret free....unless you somehow think these same people are incapable of even doing the tiny amount to legwork to get a ID?

We all hear of the 3 hour or 8 hour voting lines and blah blah blah....I guess giving things away can't even make people less lazy?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You guys keep making all these weird examples

Weird examples?
As if you might die if you don't vote in an election.
Try spending a few winters days and nights in Minneapolis with no roof over your head.
Seriously, you need an ID to rent an apartment or buy a home. Weird?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

dds.georgia.gov...

You have my curiosity piqued. What nuance of the word "free" are you trying to lay claim to here?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So I am seriously wondering how folks can say certain things yet not see how derogatory they are being.

Folks complain you can't hand out water and snacks in a line for voting, essentially saying those they are fighting for are too stupid to bring some themselves.

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy. If you are 18 and want to vote but srent responsible enough to get an ID then maybe rethink it.

If you are 22 or older then there is no excuse.....you are too lazy. You had 4 years to get one.

It is mind boggling.

1. How much it cost to get an ID in your state?
2. What are the requirements to get an ID?
3. How long it takes to get the ID?
4.Does your state has transportation available for those that can’t drive to the ID place due to age or financial situation?
5. What kind of service they provide to those that are disabled?

Usually the main issue agains the photo ID requirement have to do with the first two questions above.

So then, they don't...

Drive
Have a cell phone
Get government services
Etc.

For each of those and many others...you need an id.
Stop being racist. Minorities are not dumb or incapable...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I also find it hilarious that in CA, 26.7% of jobless claims from 2020-2021 were deemed fraudulent. That means out of 19.5 million claims, over 5 million were fraudulent.

Yet folks think the vote was legit.

Wonder what would happen if they cross referenced jobless claims with voters?

losangeles.cbslocal.com...
edit on 4/6/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

You all could at least be honest about it.

list the parts of the law you feel unfairly target black folk. You even posted the link to the law, show your work.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Anyone with any sense can see this is Dems trying to keep a lid on their peeps.
Once you let those Chicken's fly the coup....they aint comin back.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: underwerks

People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other.

How? How does it affect those communities more than any other?

Liberals believe in something called disparate impact.

Basically, disparate impact is when something affects a minority community more statistically but is not necessarily rooted in racism. For example, if you arrest bank robbers but then find out 80% of the arrest are black, there is a disparate impact from arresting bank robbers even though you cannot show that there is any racist intent.

In this case, requiring voter ID is not racist by itself. However, in their minds, poor black people are more likely not to have ID so it creates a disparate impact and is therefore racist.

They really had to twist themselves in knots to make that racist, didn't they?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

dds.georgia.gov...

You have my curiosity piqued. What nuance of the word "free" are you trying to lay claim to here?

Please read my post history on this thread. I’ve already explained my point.

link   

Here is an example of how such a law can affect lower income people. Let’s pass a law that requirements photo ID to vote. In order to obtain a photo ID you must have the following:
1. 3 form of identification documents: social security card, birth certificate, passport

I'm calling bullsh*t. Where does it cost $89.00 for an ID. In my State the first step in applying for Welfare is receiving a photo ID.

link   

www.eregulations.com...

Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes Only (must provide proof of valid voter registration)
8 yr

No Fee

it's free to get a voter ID in Georgia. Do you have any other issues?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I'm calling bullsh*t. Where does it cost $89.00 for an ID. In my State the first step in applying for Welfare is receiving a photo ID.

Well you really missed the part where I said EXAMPLE.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

dds.georgia.gov...

Please read my post history on this thread. I’ve already explained my point.

Oh, we get it. Similar to every other lefty talking point.....you have to make up a new definition of an existing word in order for it to fit the narrative.

Similar to the left rolling with "free education and free healthcare" somebody has to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.eregulations.com...

Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes Only (must provide proof of valid voter registration)
8 yr

No Fee

it's free to get a voter ID in Georgia. Do you have any other issues?

Please see my post history on this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's straight up racism by the Democrats onto the black people that they hate then they turn it into cash for themselves simple as that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join