It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on picture ID and what the issue is.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So I am seriously wondering how folks can say certain things yet not see how derogatory they are being.

Folks complain you can't hand out water and snacks in a line for voting, essentially saying those they are fighting for are too stupid to bring some themselves.

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy. If you are 18 and want to vote but srent responsible enough to get an ID then maybe rethink it.

If you are 22 or older then there is no excuse.....you are too lazy. You had 4 years to get one.

It is mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So I am seriously wondering how folks can say certain things yet not see how derogatory they are being.

Folks complain you can't hand out water and snacks in a line for voting, essentially saying those they are fighting for are too stupid to bring some themselves.

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy. If you are 18 and want to vote but srent responsible enough to get an ID then maybe rethink it.

If you are 22 or older then there is no excuse.....you are too lazy. You had 4 years to get one.

It is mind boggling.

I want to know who all these people are who don't have an ID and how they are able to function in society given ID is needed for practically everything.

I want the Democrats to bring one of these people forward and demonstrate how the law prevents them from voting.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

You all could at least be honest about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It is mind boggling.

1. How much it cost to get an ID in your state?
2. What are the requirements to get an ID?
3. How long it takes to get the ID?
4.Does your state has transportation available for those that can’t drive to the ID place due to age or financial situation?
5. What kind of service they provide to those that are disabled?

Usually the main issue agains the photo ID requirement have to do with the first two questions above.
edit on 6-4-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

As far as ID goes, this comes up EVERY SINGLE voting cycle.....makes it hard for minorities, blah blah blah. So essentially they are calling minorities lazy because they can't get an ID....after YEARS of saying this apparently they still can't and are still too lazy.

No one is calling blacks lazy. That’s just a right wing straw man. People are calling Republicans racist and shady for enacting bills that without a doubt effect black communities more than any other. I’m sure it’s just coincidence though that it effects those communities more.

Couldn’t have anything to do with disenfranchising heavily Democratic areas. I get that you all are fine with doing anything if it means your “team” has an edge.

If you're going to continue to blather, then you're GOING to have to start expounding, and not just relying on the god damn Emotions Effect. You have not detailed at ALL how these are detrimental changes and exactly what specific downsides there are that are indisputable.

I used to argue for this #, kid. Argue back wisely, minds change over time with enough observation.
edit on 4/6/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

President Biden said in his most recent CNN Town Hall that Black people are too dumb to use the internet. He feels the same way about Blacks getting photo ID's.

Biden echoes the sentiment of most liberals, including many Blacks themselves, unfortunately.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Can you explain to me how voting laws only affect black voters?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Explain exactly how those first two are racist and effect black people more than anyone else?

link   

How do voter ID laws "with out a doubt" effect black communities more than others?

I asked the black lady next door if she had an id and if she had any problems getting one. She has one and no problems getting one.

I asked the black guy I buy my smoke from the same, he had No issues getting one either.

They both said pretty much every black person they know has an ID, neighbors kids even have school ID's.
edit on 6-4-2021 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

link   
IL. Lottery Law: You need a photo ID to claim your $5,000 Lottery winning.

Watch how fast Leroy gets his neighbor to drive him and his wheelchair to the Secretary of State office for a photo-ID.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So Democrats are insinuating that there are in fact hordes of people voting without proper identification and that Democrats are primarily the beneficiaries?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

So Democrats are insinuating that there are in fact hordes of people voting without proper identification and that Democrats are primarily the beneficiaries?

Shh....they don't do well having logic thrown at them.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Former Illinois governor (and jailbird) Rod Blagojevich said this after Biden's miraculous win.

Elections where I.D. is NOT required for voting, is the "holy grail foundation" for successful cheating in Urban areas. He said the illegal Pennsylvania voting law changes were like a "wet dream" come true for Democrats there.

Voter-ID resistance is not about MINORITIES being put at a disadvantage.

It's about CHEATERS being put at a disadvantage.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

and at the same time want us to believe 46 got 80 million votes. More votes were tallied in 2020 then ever in history and still we have to hear about voter suppression.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Explain exactly how those first two are racist and effect black people more than anyone else?

First, I never said that they are racist.

Here is an example of how such a law can affect lower income people. Let’s pass a law that requirements photo ID to vote. In order to obtain a photo ID you must have the following:
1. 3 form of identification documents: social security card, birth certificate, passport
2. Total Fees for ID: $89.00

If you are missing any of the documents on #1 that will cost you time and money on top of the fee you have to pay on #2. On the Jim Crow days that was called a Poll Tax and is the reason why many of these voter ID laws go to die at the SCOTUS.

The GOP here is hoping that with a 6-3 majority they will be able to get a win on these laws but if precedent is sustained these laws would get axed in a quick minute once they reach SCOTUS.
edit on 6-4-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Why is this only an issue when voting is involved?

The same ID issues affect whether a person can buy over the counter cold medicines.
No one gave a crap about people having access to medication?

You need an ID to buy a car, drive a car and rent/buy a house.
No one cared about people having a home or transportation, I guess?

Here is a question that I don't know the answer to.... Do you need ID to get an EBT card?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

How are they not calling them lazy? Voter ID has been a discussion for over a decade. Getting an ID takes all of 15 minutes in GA depending on when you go. Could be longer, but certainly doesn't take a decade. So....implication of lazy or just don't care? Or implication of a whole bunch of BS narrative?

Sure, I can see a 18 year old maybe not having ID when they are first able to vote, but if 22 or older (at least for Presidential elections) then the only possible excuse for knowing for 4 years that you may need an ID, yet not getting one simply implies lazy. So, by default, the argument from the left is just calling those they claim to want to help all lazy and inept.

Can you provide any excuse for someone not being able to get an ID for 4 years? 10 years? 1 year?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

For Elections I think photo ID is essential , I also think postal voting should be scrapped as it is an avenue to fraud.

The old ways are no longer fit for purpose , time to modernise the system.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Why is this only an issue when voting is involved?

The same ID issues affect whether a person can buy over the counter cold medicines.
No one gave a crap about people having access to medication?

You need an ID to buy a car, drive a car and rent/buy a house.
No one cared about people having a home or transportation, I guess?

Here is a question that I don't know the answer to.... Do you need ID to get an EBT card?

The requirement to buy cold medicine might be different from those to get an ID to be able to vote. For example, you might be able to buy cold medicine with a student ID or your Medicare card. Those two might not be acceptable documents to vote or to even get an ID to vote.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: dug88

First, I never said that they are racist.

Here is an example of how such a law can affect lower income people. Let’s pass a law that requirements photo ID to vote. In order to obtain a photo ID you must have the following:
1. 3 form of identification documents: social security card, birth certificate, passport
2. Total Fees for ID: $89.00

If you are missing any of the documents on #1 that will cost you time and money on top of the fee you have to pay on #2. On the Jim Crow days that was called a Poll Tax and is the reason why many of these voter ID laws go to die at the SCOTUS.

The GOP here is hoping that with a 6-3 majority they will be able to get a win on these laws but if precedent is sustained these laws would get axed in a quick minute once they reach SCOTUS.

Odd....CO requires a photo ID for all mail in voters (especially first time). I guess they don't have to worry about being racist because there aren't as many blacks in CO? Doesn't this, again, point to the left calling blacks too lazy and stupid to get an ID? Why is it OK there and not other places?

The hypocrisy knows no end!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join