It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Georgia Voter law, can you explain why it's bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: peter_kandra

You know what level of voter fraud I'm comfortable with? Zero. Not the level was so low that it doesn't make sense.

Then you need to stay away from any election. No election in the history or future of our planet will ever have a zero percentage of fraud. Nice straw man though.

Sure, let's put ballot boxes in unsecure areas where they can be tampered with. This requires them to be in specific locations, and indoors or under constant surveillance. Again, why would anyone be against that?

Please show me where these unsecure ballot boxes are. I’m guessing you won’t be able to.

Tell me what polling places have been closed? I'm guessing you won't be able to.

One-third of Georgia’s counties — 53 of 159 — have fewer precincts today than they did in 2012, according to the AJC’s count. Of the counties that have closed voting locations, 39 have poverty rates that are higher than the state average. Thirty have significant African-American populations, making up at least 25 percent of residents. “Look at the areas where they’re closing precincts and consolidating. It’s usually in areas with poor people and minority

Link

Obviously 0 isn't possible, but should be a target. The fact that a lot people believe there was fraud but "not too much" is a problem, no? It implies that it's OK.

If a ballot box isn't located anywhere near a polling location, then that's a problem. I always vote in person, but I'll try to find some locations I would classify as insecure. The fact remains though...why do we even need ballot drop boxes? Absentee ballots have existed for decades and work just fine, and you don't even need to leave your house. To top it off, there's no visual consistency with how they look. Some look like a USPS mailbox, others look like a UPS or FedEx drop box.

How have the demographics changes since 2012? That in itself can account for closing or moving of polling locations. I'd be more interested in 2016 numbers vs 2020 numbers since that's more relevant to the discussion. I don't have an AJC subscription and have exceeded my free article limit, so I can't visit your link.

I'll end with this. The Allstar game was moved from Georgia to Denver. Ironically, they have 2 fewer days of early voting and also require ID to vote either in person or via absentee ballot. What was accomplished other than political theater?

ETA. I was mistaken about the ballot boxes. They are (were) on public property and under video surveillance. I still disagree with their need though.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The new law makes it easier to vote and harder to cheat.

Of course the left hates it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here’s the bill in it’s entirety for anyone who hasn’t read it and is just going off what people say about it.

Link

Voter confidence is a serious concern that needs to be addressed, would you agree?

(3) The stress of the 2020 elections, with a dramatic increase in absentee-by-mail ballots
76 and pandemic restrictions, demonstrated where there were opportunities to update existing
77 processes to reduce the burden on election officials and boost voter confidence;
78 (4) The changes made in this legislation in 2021 are designed to address the lack of elector
79 confidence in the election system on all sides of the political spectrum, to reduce the
80 burden on election officials, and to streamline the process of conducting elections in
81 Georgia by promoting uniformity in voting. Several examples will help explain how these
82 goals are achieved;

Increasing hours you can vote and making it standard across the state...bad?

3 (5) The broad discretion allowed to local officials for advance voting dates and hours led
84 to significant variations across the state in total number of hours of advance voting,
85 depending on the county. More than 100 counties have never offered voting on Sunday
86 and many counties offered only a single day of weekend voting. Requiring two Saturday
87 voting days and two optional Sunday voting days will dramatically increase the total voting
88 hours for voters across the State of Georgia, and all electors in Georgia will have access
89 to multiple opportunities to vote in person on the weekend for the first time;

I think this was your you can not give food or water while in line remark, so all made up for a narrative...

25 (13) The sanctity of the precinct was also brought into sharp focus in 2020, with many
126 groups approaching electors while they waited in line. Protecting electors from improper
127 interference, political pressure, or intimidation while waiting in line to vote is of paramount
128 importance to protecting the election system and ensuring elector confidence;

I'm trying to see where it says they will reduce drop off boxes in Blue areas...can you help me here or is your whole argument nothing more than hyperbole. They want a secured system with dealing with drop off boxes from location to monitoring, to collecting, to delivery, to receipt etc. Is that a bad thing? They are increasing days hours one can vote while standardizing it across the state and making sure they are secured methods...

A board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk shall establish at least one drop box
1117 as a means for absentee by mail electors to deliver their ballots to the board of registrars
1118 or absentee ballot clerk. A board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk may establish
1119 additional drop boxes, subject to the limitations of this Code section, but may only
21 LC 28 0338S
S. B. 202 (SUB)
- 45 -
1120 establish additional drop boxes totaling the lesser of either one drop box for every
1121 100,000 active registered voters in the county or the number of advance voting locations
1122 in the county. Any additional drop boxes shall be evenly geographically distributed by
1123 population in the county. Drop boxes established pursuant to this Code section shall be
1124 established at the office of the board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk or inside
1125 locations at which advance voting, as set forth in subsection (d) of Code
1126 Section 21-2-385, is conducted in the applicable primary, election, or runoff and may be
1127 open during the hours of advance voting at that location. Such drop boxes shall be closed
1128 when advance voting is not being conducted at that location. All drop boxes shall be
1129 closed when the advance voting period ends, as set forth in subsection (d) of Code
1130 Section 21-2-385. The drop box location shall have adequate lighting and be under
1131 constant surveillance by an election official or his or her designee, law enforcement
1132 official, or licensed security guard. During an emergency declared by the Governor
1133 pursuant to Code Section 38-3-51, drop boxes may be located outside the office of the
1134 board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk or outside of locations at which advance voting
1135 is taking place, subject to the other limitations of this Code section.
1136 (2) The opening slot of a drop box shall not allow ballots to be tampered with or
1137 removed and shall be designed to minimize the ability for liquid or other substances that
1138 may damage ballots to be poured into the drop box. A drop box shall be labeled
1139 "OFFICIAL ABSENTEE BALLOT DROP BOX" and shall clearly display the signage
1140 developed by the Secretary of State pertaining to Georgia law with regard to who is
1141 allowed to return absentee ballots and destroying, defacing, or delaying delivery of
1142 ballots.
1143 (3) The board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk shall arrange for the collecting and
1144 return of ballots deposited at each drop box at the conclusion of each day where advance
1145 voting takes place. Collection of ballots from a drop box shall be made by a team of at
1146 least two people. Any person collecting ballots from a drop box shall have sworn an oath
21 LC 28 0338S
S. B. 202 (SUB)
- 46 -
1147 in the same form as the oath for poll officers set forth in Code Section 21-2-95. The
1148 collection team shall complete and sign a ballot transfer form upon removing the ballots
1149 from the drop box which shall include the date, time, location, number of ballots,
1150 confirmation that the drop box was locked after the removal of the ballots, and the
1151 identity of each person collecting the ballots. The collection team shall then immediately
1152 transfer the ballots to the board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk, who shall process
1153 and store the ballots in the same manner as absentee ballots returned by mail are
1154 processed and stored. The board of registrars, absentee ballot clerk, or a designee of the
1155 board of registrars or absentee ballot clerk shall sign the ballot transfer form upon receipt
1156 of the ballots from the collection team. Such form shall be considered a public record
1157 pursuant to Code Section 50-18-70.
1158 (4) At the beginning of voting at each advance location where a drop box is present, the
1159 manager of the advance voting location shall open the drop box and confirm on the
1160 reconciliation form for that advance voting location that the drop box is empty. If the
1161 drop box is not empty, the manager shall secure the contents of the drop box and
1162 immediately inform the election superintendent, board of registrars, or absentee ballot
1163 clerk, who shall inform the Secretary of State."

edit on 6-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

No need for MkUltra, you’re just all being fed the same crap so it really isn’t surprising when you think the same thing. The best propaganda makes a person believe they’ve arrived to a conclusion on their own.

The new Georgia voting laws are much more than just “voter ID”. That’s only one small part of it. And I don’t think it’s coincidence that that one part is all right wingers ever talk about. You all conveniently leave out the rest of it.

Starting with voter ID, what if I lose my wallet on Election Day? What if it’s stolen? What if? There are a million things that could happen that would keep me from voting on Election Day. There shouldn’t be obstacles instituted that keep Americans from exercising their sacred franchise. I believe that’s un-Democratic.

The level of voter fraud that’s been recorded is so low that it doesn’t make sense. Statistically things like this always effect low income communities more than others, and these low income communities mostly vote Democrat, so it’s no surprise why Republicans support this. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and a number of other Republicans have justified it by saying that when more people vote, Republicans lose. And they’re right.

Moving beyond voter ID, it gets rid of the majority of secure ballot boxes where votes can be dropped off, mostly in low income and blue areas, which I’m sure is coincidence. It bans mobile voting facilities, which are used in a lot of senior and low income areas. It bans early voting on holidays. It bans third party groups from sending absentee ballots to people.

It also makes it a crime to give people food or water while waiting in line, which effects Democratic areas more because the GA state legislature has, coincidentally I’m sure, closed down a lot of polling places in democratic areas, leading to 8 hour wait times in the last election.

Worse of all it makes it legal for the heavily Republican GA state legislature to throw out any results they “think” might have been fraudulent. So all they have to do is “think” there was fraud against the Republican Party to nullify an elections results. Evidence be damned.

If you can’t see how un-American this is, then I don’t know what to tell you.

^^^ Case in point ^^^

People only hate voter ID laws if they have to cheat to win.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Funny thing people freaking over this law always miss, or conveniently forget. Even after this law 2 easy examples of states with stricter rules for voting, new York and Deleware, shorter hours for voting, stricter ID rules... but Georgia is racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

No need for MkUltra, you’re just all being fed the same crap so it really isn’t surprising when you think the same thing. The best propaganda makes a person believe they’ve arrived to a conclusion on their own.

The new Georgia voting laws are much more than just “voter ID”. That’s only one small part of it. And I don’t think it’s coincidence that that one part is all right wingers ever talk about. You all conveniently leave out the rest of it.

Starting with voter ID, what if I lose my wallet on Election Day? What if it’s stolen? What if? There are a million things that could happen that would keep me from voting on Election Day. There shouldn’t be obstacles instituted that keep Americans from exercising their sacred franchise. I believe that’s un-Democratic.

The level of voter fraud that’s been recorded is so low that it doesn’t make sense. Statistically things like this always effect low income communities more than others, and these low income communities mostly vote Democrat, so it’s no surprise why Republicans support this. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and a number of other Republicans have justified it by saying that when more people vote, Republicans lose. And they’re right.

Moving beyond voter ID, it gets rid of the majority of secure ballot boxes where votes can be dropped off, mostly in low income and blue areas, which I’m sure is coincidence. It bans mobile voting facilities, which are used in a lot of senior and low income areas. It bans early voting on holidays. It bans third party groups from sending absentee ballots to people.

It also makes it a crime to give people food or water while waiting in line, which effects Democratic areas more because the GA state legislature has, coincidentally I’m sure, closed down a lot of polling places in democratic areas, leading to 8 hour wait times in the last election.

Worse of all it makes it legal for the heavily Republican GA state legislature to throw out any results they “think” might have been fraudulent. So all they have to do is “think” there was fraud against the Republican Party to nullify an elections results. Evidence be damned.

If you can’t see how un-American this is, then I don’t know what to tell you.

I don't believe you, I think YOU are falling for the lies the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's on the left are feeding you. But prove me wrong, post the law and the parts you disagree with. facts, not feelz.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

now you did it. Posting facts that don't fit the narrative, shame on you.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks pffft. Do you even hear yourself?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's a bad law if you are Pro-Fraud. It's a good law if you are Anti-Fraud. It really is that simple.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Of course he hears himself.
He is of the idea that if you propagate a lie over and over, eventually a lot of dumbasses will believe it.
That’s the Dem’s entire MO, that’s how operate on a daily basis.
It’s a sleight of hand con game and they have been doing it for decades.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The new law makes it easier to vote and harder to cheat.

Of course the left hates it.
The irony in all this? Voter ID is racist but a Vaccine Passport, essentially a Digital ID, to leave my home??????????

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: slatesteam

Of course he hears himself.
He is of the idea that if you propagate a lie over and over, eventually a lot of dumbasses will believe it.
That’s the Dem’s entire MO, that’s how operate on a daily basis.
It’s a sleight of hand con game and they have been doing it for decades.
Did you just assume that Users Gender?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
*Noted a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Speak for yourself.

Never assume.

You have no authority over me. I will speak as I damn well please, Nazi.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Georgia Voter law, can you explain why it's bad?

Because illegals,dead people, and voting early and often would be bad for the current majority in power.

I mean who needs HONEST elections anyways.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't think for minute, there is anything wrong with needing ID to vote, but it seems the bill does try to restrict hrs and times of voting..why?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: peter_kandra

I just don't see anything racist in it.

Stacey Abrams said they were.
That's why .

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And on a side note, how is it that Georgia has identified issues with the process from the 2020 election, yet it was the most secure in history? I'm seeing mixed messaging with all that.

Ya think?

I doubt we can go back and change anything now, which I'm sure was the plan.

We'll see. It looks like, as in Arizona, the wheels are turning slowly, but they are turning.

The pos SOS is fighting it with everything he has, but it looks like we will actually finally have a real, full on forensics audit, including examining each and every ballot in Fulton County (the biggest problematic County where all of the shenanigans happened).

If major, results changing fraud is found...

Well, it simply isn't too late, as fraud vitiates all contracts, especially ones as important as federal Elections.

If enough States find results altering fraud, then, yes, this fraud can be reversed. It would be hard, but it can be done.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
a reply to: underwerks
What is all this crap about ballot drop boxes anyway? I've never heard of a need before this past election.

Exactly. Or, you can drop it off at an actual polling place.

I'm actually against the drop boxes and 'no excuse absentee' voting, but at least they are requiring the ballots be requested, and ID provided when requesting it. That will stop the large scale fraud at least.

We should go back to paper ballots, and only in person voting with ID required. I'm fine with early voting, but it should still be required to be in person, and paper ballots only.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If anybody doesn't understand the no gifts in line including food and drink (yes unfortunately people can abuse even water - free case anyone) then I guess you will be ok when righty Mike Lindell (no party affiliation required -- he is a known personality) is standing in line offering everyone a free bucket of chicken and six pack of water for a wink and a nod to ease their voting worries. Or better yet, bill gates comes along and offers a years voucher to Ruths Chris for every thumbs up he gets. This is why rules have to be made because sensible people aren't the ones who will abuse them.

It is made clear that poll workers can keep people hydrated. Nobody is trying to make people unable to drink water. But you all knew that anyway.

The rest of the rules are just common sense in every country but the US. Only one party opposes rules that limit one vote to one person and require the person be who they say they are. The only way a person can claim they are racist rules if they themselves are so racist they think other races are less capable or dumber.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join